ZBrushCentral

JL-Art's sketchbook

A little wip…

wip.jpg

You got some really cool characters in here! :+1:

Thank you Santis! Gonna post some finished work in a day or two. : )

Some characters I made for a school course. Always intended for them to be rendered from the front so details in the back weren’t as important.
There is a back story but it’s not very important to know… Hope you like! :wink:

(ZBrush, Maya, Photoshop.)

Donnie.jpg
Donnie_Turnaround.jpg
Donnie_Turnaround_Clay.jpg
Donnie_parts.jpg
Christa.jpg
Christa_Turnaround.jpg

Something I did while playing around in ZBrush and Photoshop.

War_Is_Hell.jpg

Hello everyone!

I am currently writing my bachelor thesis at the University of Skövde in Sweden and right now I really need your help! In my thesis I study the viewers opinion on different elements on game covers. Therefore I have created a survey that contains one game cover made in three different versions. In this survey only the front page of the covers differ from each other. The survey will take about 5 minutes and you will answer anonymously.

If you would take the short time to answer my survey it would make me super happy and I would forever be grateful.

Cheers to you all! :smiley:

Jacob

http://fluidsurveys.se/surveys/jacob/opinions-about-different-elements-on-game-covers/

Oh snap, haven’t posted anything in a while. Too busy with all the boring academic work in school.
Anyway, I got some free time right now so I started this turtle (Leonardo…?) yesterday.
Still a long way to go but it feels good to be back in ZBrush. :wink:

Leo.jpg

:+1:Looking good so far,

Thanks truubluu. :slight_smile:

Here is some improvement. I also did a fast sketch of the shell. Will use it to build new topology and make it super clean.

More progress.

Great Progress Jacob, definitely with his build and expression needs to be Leo or Ralph. :+1:

hey there i tried the survey but the page says its either not live or not for me I am from INDIA…yep i like your work also coz those are my favourite characters

Thanks! :smiley: Leo fo sure!

Thank you. Sorry about the survey, it has been closed for a couple of months.

A speed sculpt I did like a week ago. This was done for an art test. The concept is not mine and I think the art style in general is way out of my comfort zone. However, it was a good lesson in working fast.

Some turtle progress. The sculpting on the belt is pretty much done. The other areas still need a lot of work though. I also did a fast sketch of the bandana. Might end up something like that. Later dudes!

wip8.2.jpg

Great detail! Cant wait to see him in his full bandanna, with dual katanas:+1:

Thanks truu. Always nice to hear from you.

I actually took a break from all creative work for a couple of weeks. I just started working on Leo again a couple of days ago.
So here is some more progress. The shell is pretty much finished and so is the first part of the bandana.

Really Cool! Love the muscles

Got a question, could you share material from this model? I would be grateful :slight_smile:

Thanks Smuqqler. :slight_smile: The material is a matcap that igor_catto shared in his top row thread. However, it seems like it’s not available anymore. Give me your mail and I’ll send it over to you.

I sent you a PM. Thanks :smiley: