ZBrushCentral

JL-Art's sketchbook

Update on Thane. Just playing around with some lightcaps and shaders. Nothing final. At the moment I’m working on his reptile skin.

shader-ljus-test_comp.jpg

Sweet Thane model! I’ve been wanting to make some ME characters myself

Hey, thanks. Glad you like it.

Well, finally… Thane is finished (about time)!

Here are some pics. Hope you like. C&C would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Final_Comp.jpg

comp_endast_karaktar.jpg

Judging what you’ve accomplished in such a short time using Zbrush I really have to commend you. Your texturing skills are very strong for a student and even though they’re anatomical issues within your characters, you finish well. Thane are Vaas are captured really well in the finals. Congrats.

Keep going.

~t

Thanks for your comment. Appreciate it. :slight_smile:

excellent work and texture :wink:

Phil

Thanks!

A new character I’m working on (school course). Thought I’d pay a little tribute to a great game and and a cool character; the hatchet man from Dead Rising.
I loved that game when it was released and I’ve always wanted to do my own version of the character.
This is also going to be a real time model so really need to hurry up and finish the high poly.

Just having fun and playing a lot with the different shapes. Trying to get more of a “comic” looking silhouette.

Hey people! Pretty much done with the sculpt. Started painting this beast!

Painting is done! Final details will be done in Photoshop after baking in Xnormal. Time to start retopology.

Low poly. 9300 tris. More stuff coming soon. :slight_smile:

Gotta love the painting on this model. The face especially. Well done!

Thank you. Love painting with ZBrush. Easy to do and always fun.

Well, almost finished. This is what I handed in at school but there is still some things I want to do for myself before I consider it a portfolio piece. First off I’m going to tweak some of the maps a bit more.
I also want to create a weapon and pose him. And I also think he deserves some proper rendering (this is just a quick scene in Maya that I built and rendered him in). So I guess this is still a wip…
Not sure when I will find the time to finish him properly, hopefully soon.

2048K maps; diffuse, spec, normal - 9300 tris.

Tattoo borrowed from http://sickboy84.deviantart.com/

2.jpg

5.jpg

Did this weapon for my guy really really fast. Will bake & stuff later on.

vapen1.jpg
vapen2.jpg

Low poly version. 750 tris. 512 maps.

machete2.jpg

maps.jpg

Made this just now. Something for him to stand on when I do my final renders. :stuck_out_tongue:

pedestal.jpg map.jpg

Realised that I should probably post the finished version.

The character is 9322 tris with 20482048 diffuse/specular/normal maps. The machete is 748 tris with 512512 diffuse/specular/normal maps

Used; ZBrush, Topogun, Maya, Xnormal and Marmoset.

ZB2.jpg ZB.jpg

Here’s a new character I’m working on for a school course.
This, and a lot of other work needs to be done really fast so I don’t really have a lot of time to get stuck with smaller details.
Also, this is only for rendering, especially the front of the character… which means that I don’t really have to worry about the characters back.

14.jpg

11.jpg