ZBrushCentral

JL-Art's sketchbook

wow thats really good
what brush and alpha did you use
dynamesh? divide? both?
techniques

Thanks diablo and sorry for the late answer. :smiley: No magic going on, just brushes like clay build up, standard, damien standard, slash brushes etc. I do however use a lot of layers and store morph targets.
Just play around until you’re satisfied with what you get. I often use dynamesh to make a quick sketch of something, then new topology over the sketch and make the final piece with all the details that I want.

And here is a new wip!

wip_turn.jpg

wip_front.jpg

wip_kneepad.jpg

Made this throwing knife today. Thought it would be cool with the turtle maybe.

tk.jpg

How did you texture the wrapping on the handle? And What was your process for texturing the metal area too? I’m guessing noise and alpha brushes? It looks great man. Nice work

Thanks myselfsama. For the handle I used UV Master to unwrap the subtools and then applied an alpha with the surface tool. Really easy, you just have to repeat yourself a couple of times. The other parts were made with some alphas, the slash 1 brush and layers and morph targets.

Well, looks like Leo just got himself a sword(s). Good for him!

sword4.jpg

sword2.jpg

sword3.jpg

Wow, I love the detailing on your weapons! Trying to figure out how you managed that criss-cross material on the hilt on the sword? Something with polygroups? xD

Thank you. :slight_smile: It’s not very hard. Just make one piece that you duplicate and try to make it “loop”. Polygroups are a big plus. I use it all the time and it works great with UV master.

Oh it’s that simple? :stuck_out_tongue: thanks for replying! looking forward to seeing some more weapons :smiley:

It sure is! :wink:

Something to slide the swords into when he´s busy eating pizza. ^^ Not quite sure where to put the throwing knives though.

slides.jpg

Looking good J! I would maybe suggest having them across the front strap or perhaps you can give him a thigh strap or forearm starp to attache them too. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

really cool! :+1: Here a little input: the hamstring muscles are almost never seen as separate muscles they’re usually one mass. like in your earlier versions.

What I was thinking. Maybe dangling from the belt?

truubluu: Thanks m8! I’ve been thinking about that as well. I do however feel that the right side of the body is kind of heavy and that’s why I made the throwing knives to put on his left side of the body, to balance stuff out a little bit more. I was planing on putting the knives on the left side of his belt but right now I’m not so sure. Then I thought about maybe his left thigh (which is the idea I kind of like the most right now) but the thing is that I’m going to make this a low poly model and my plan is to mirror the arms and legs to save some space on the maps. Therefor it’s also a bit of a problem. But I guess that i can cut the UV’s right above the knee and only mirror the lower parts of the legs.

Have to think about this a bit more. :wink:

puterich: Thank you. I’ll be sure to keep that in mind when I finish sculpting the body.

Icebox64: As I wrote above, that was my original idea, but i’m not quite sure. The area is a bit small to have them dingling. Maybe I’ll post some examples later and ask which ones you guys prefer. :smiley:

Some sketches I made today for a 2 week game project in school. Jut some really fast stuff to get a feeling of what we want to do. Started from spheres, around a couple of hours. Cheers.

Two speedsculpts (made today in school) as a 3D concept for a 2 week game project. Based on concepts by a classmate.

Random sketch made today. Not sure what he or it is… but I kind of like it so I think I might work on it some more in the future.

sketchwip.jpg

Ok so he finally got some proper clothes. Only the top of the hat left to finish, then I’ll start finalising the face.

Here are some test renders from keyshot, just for fun. First time I ever used it and what can I say… LOVE IT! Think I got a hang of it pretty fast so I will definitely use it for future presentations.

untitled.jpg untitled3.jpg

So here is a new character that I just started. The goal is to make her heavily stylized, which for me is a bit tricky since I tend to always make male characters with a lot of details… but I like the challenge. :slight_smile:
This model will be baked, rigged, skinned and animated. So little time, so much to do. Need to rush things a bit I’m afraid.

High poly pretty much done. In the progress of painting it right now.