ZBrushCentral

Image Plane 3 - plugin upgrade

great one, marcus :+1:

thank you very muchā€¦

-cheerZZZ- :slight_smile:

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

chamade,
Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t know a way of displaying the brush size - itā€™s a quirk of ZBrush3 which may be corrected in an update.

TrapDoor,
Iā€™d hoped to keep the plugin simple but it makes sense to add in this functionality if people are going to use it for reference image modeling. However, at this point Iā€™m going to wait for the ZB3 update which hopefully shouldnā€™t be too long. Youā€™ll have to make do with the single RePos button in the meantime (download again if you didnā€™t get this version).

Cheers,

Thank you Marcus for the plugin and the tutorial.:+1:

Hey Marcus,

Is there anyway to use this script in the Rapid UI mode? Thanks

Thanks for the comments, guys.

njmaxaddict,
The plugin should work fine in Rapid UI mode but you will need to press the Menus button at the top of the UI to get the Texture menu to show up. Click on the Texture menu and the Image Plane subpalette will be at the bottom.

Cheers,

Great Marcus! Works like a charm. Thanks again for an awesome tool!

Great, glad you got it working. :slight_smile:

perhaps a dumb question but is this like a new version of reference image 2 or can i use both? should i use both?

spaceboy412,
This is an update for ZB3 of my previous Image Plane plugin. Itā€™s primarily designed to aid working with photos for texturing, rather than modeling from a photo reference. However, it is possible to use it for modeling as there is a button for storing model position and a slider for adjusting transparency.

Reference Image 2 (or the earlier Reference Image) should not be used with ZBrush 3. There is an issue with subtools that can cause ZBrush to crash. As an alternative there is the Image Plane X technique described in the Wiki :
http://www.zbrush.info/wiki/index.php/Tutorial:_Sculpting_A_Skull

I agree itā€™s a bit confusing with the various image planes and perhaps I should have changed the name of my plugin.

HTH,

thanks for the reply, i will give it a shot, i rather prefer to work from a background image instead of the cube way in the skull tutorial cause i can put all kinds of closeups and detail shots. will the reference image 2 work in z3 if i dont use subtools? are there plans on updating that if not?

No, Iā€™m afraid there are other issues which will prevent Reference Image 2 working properly in ZBrush 3. I expect it will be updated at some point but Iā€™m not sure when.

this command is not recognized in zbrush 2 ? is there any way to make objects transparent for modelling with image references in zbrush 2 ? cheers

ezraholland,

This version of Image Plane is for ZBrush 3 only (apologies, I should have made that clearer in the first post). For modeling with reference images in ZB2, take a look at the Reference Image 2 plugin.

Just wanted to say THANKS!!! again and again! This one Iā€™ve been missing!

wenna

Marcus,
I love ur plugin, congratulations.
but, itā€™s a some way to apply in the Tutorial:ZProject and Adjusting Photo Reference to no activate the DISABLE UVS because tis erase my uvsā€¦ and i cant export the textureā€¦ Idont want to lost my configuration of my uvs with GUVTILES or something like that.
Thnaks

kikesa,
Before you disable UVs, switch to the lowest subdiv level and export your model as an OBJ. This will preserve the UVs. When youā€™ve done polypainting, import the OBJ again into the lowest level then switch to the highest subdiv level, and create a blank texture of the size you want, before pressing the col>txr button.

Marcus sense you have a trans slider for the models in the Z3 plugin - can you add a model onto a background then on another layer add another (same) model and adjust it to get a trans fit over the model on the first layer. Hereā€™s a link to when I was working on that in Z2 - and you where kind to help

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showpost.php?p=265073&postcount=31

Thanks

Spaceman,

Iā€™m not sure that the transparency method used in this plugin will really do what you want. For a start, it will only appear transparent when everything is on one layer. Also, as it is only adjusting the RGB intensity, material effects are ignored.

To get an effect similar to that in the thread you mention you need to use the same method as there - using a material with transparency, two document layers and switching off Flatten in the render palette. Currently though there is an issue with subtools, Flatten and layers which can cause a crash.

We love u men, this its the final step that we need!!!
God Bless u a lot to share ur tool with the zbrush people! :+1:

Thanks Marcus:+1: