ZBrushCentral

Image Plane 3 - plugin upgrade

Fantastic, very impressive.

Question, after I use it my Materials all seem to be a bit darker. I can’t seem to figure out how to resolve this. I am sure it is user error.

Thanks
Jesse

Thanks for the comments, guys. :slight_smile:

Jesse,
Can you explain what you are doing when this occurs? I’ll see if I can find what’s happening.
Thanks,

Hi there and thanks Marcus

Guys you can see the brush shape (ther red circle) when use edit mode in projection mode ?

Thanks !

Thank you Marcus, absolut fabulous.

This is great but I do have a question. I’m following Ryan kingslian’s tutorials that use this plugin. Everyting seems to work great but I’ve relaised that the head that Ryan uses had un-wrapped UV’s. I on the other hand am only using GUV tile UV’s. The problem being that the technique he uses is to save out 3 different textures each with different parts of the head textured. He then goes into Photoshop and picks out the best parts from each texture and combines them into one. With GUV tiles this would be a logistical nightmare. So has anyone got any bright ideas of how one would solve this.

The only way I can think of is by loading each texture up and painting all the bits black that I think would be better suited using one of the other available textures . Then in Photoshop I can see which bits need to be removed. I have a feeling this is a rubbish way though.

Pete B

Thanks Marcus :+1: :+1:

I’ve been missing these plug-ins. Your work and time is greatly appreciated.

Don’t suppose you could write a script to transfer thought from my brain to the software and have it modeled and textured automatically ? :wink:

fizzy…go to the wiki and check out zproject painting tutorial…that should help you do what ya want easier than pm.

Marcus…i notice the same darkening of materials when using subtools…not sure if its the same problem but am sure it is related…seems to me for some reason…even if all use same material…the tool with focus is lighter than other subtools…this is with matcaps…don’t recall noticing with other materials but would test that first

Thanks Aminuts but correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t Zproject only allow you to clone parts of an image onto your mesh? Although that’s what I want to do the thing I like about image plane is the fact you can manipulate the image to where you want it on the mesh.

Marcus mentions that you can use image plane with zproject. I tried this but it seems to me that because the image is only in the background you can’t manipulate it? If you can then that would solve my problem.

Pete B

you can use ZProject for

1.-Texture an object from:
a.Background image
b.Other Object

2.-Bas-Relief effect on a PolyPlane

3.- transfer sculpting information from one mesh to another mesh

See this Marcus Civis tutorial
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=46330

Andreseloy

Thanks andreseloy. I haven’t got Zbrush3 here at work so can’t run the script.
Does it mean that I can use the exact same technique as you can with the image plane in Projection Master, as in being able to use a plane with a texture on and manipulate it to where you want it on the top mesh?
If so I still don’t understand how you do that?

Pete B

fizzy,
There is a technique where you can push the texture around and use ZProject. It works in a slightly different way to the Projection Master technique but the result is the same - you can pull the detail around to where you want. I’ll put together a short tutorial when I’ve a moment later.

Neither technique gets over the issue that to edit a texture map in something like Photoshop you really need a map that is recognizable rather than the AUV or GUV tiles chequerboard. I think probably the ZProject method has greater flexibility.

Later,

Brilliant ,many thanks Marcus I really appreciate that as I know you must be really busy.

I’m guessing the best way to use the Zproject using GUV tiles would be to mask off the areas where you don’t want that particular texture to go…or hide?

Pete B

I’ve updated the plugin again - nothing critical:

• added RePos button to store and recall a model’s position. This can be useful if you are using ZProject and want to check your model by rotating - store the position first and then the button will return you to the exact same position later.

• planes are now initialised to same proportions as the image. This can be useful if using Kris Costa’s technique in Projection Master.

There is also a tutorial for fizzy here:
ZProject & Adjusting Photo Reference

Note that you need the new version (revB) for the tutorial method.

in new version image size stop working :frowning:

Thanks so much for that, that’s a really nice and easy to follow tutorial I really appreciate your help. I can now finish the piece I was working on.

Many many thanks :+1:

Pete B

sartarius, the image size slider will only work if the plane is active (as in Projection Master or if you load an image to a blank canvas). It won’t work if you have a model in Edit mode as then the image plane is loaded as a background and is no longer editable. You can use the Shift H & V sliders to shift the backround though, or simply change the size before loading the image.

fizzy,
I’m glad the tutorial was useful. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Hi Marcus,

Thank you …was counting the days for this one! :+1: :slight_smile:

TD

Yes Marcus, thanks a lot.:smiley:

Is there any way to display the circle(brush) when using tweak to deform the image plane in projection master?
This worked in 2.0.

Hi Marcus,

Have had a chance to try this out. Seems to be missing one thing and that is the multiple store buttons for different positions. Any chance you may include those soon?

Thanks!

TD