ZBrushCentral

How do you reassign Zbrush navigation tools?

Currently the Zbrush window pans when I hold alt+lmb+background, this is great, but when I hold alt+lmb+object Zbrush begins to sculpt. How can I make this stop? and instead make it continue to pan even though I’m clicking on the object?

I’ve had a read around, but can’t find any solutions. I am aware that alt+rmb pretty much performs all the navigation functions I’m searching but I would like these to be instead set to the lmb. Can’t find a way to do that.

*And bonus question: is there a way to set pan to hotkey: alt+middle mouse button?

Any ideas? :smiley:

Hi @R4TW Welcome to ZBrush Central

You can try the Middle Button plugin which will allow you to use Shift+Middle Button to pan and will pan whether it’s on or off the object. Plus other options.

Description and download here.

Newest version download here. (use this one)

Thanks for the quick response @zber2 , the script works and the middle button panning works like a dream.

Just one outstanding issue, I guess it extends from my original query.
Is there a way to set rotate in the same way? that is to be able to orbit with keys “alt+lmb”? Currently I am able to orbit with lmb+clicking background, but would be nice to do this with alt+lmb, and also on the object as well without sculpting it.

There is a rotate option in the zplugin script you provided, maybe I need to fiddle with this more/ or there is a hotkey conflict.