ZBrushCentral

hello

u the man

Thanks phat for the screen shots of the low poly models! Your art team at Ubisoft is amazing. Just a few questions for you:

• Is that 3839 quads or triangles? If quads then it was around 7678 tris?
  • How many maps do the main characters get? And what size?
  • Base mesh created in Maya or Max?
Once again, thanks for sharing your work with us. Its great to see some "behind the scenes" on Assassin's Creed. :D

Wow! Amazing work, I can’t wait to buy this game! Thanks for sharing these. :smiley: :smiley:

EDIT: Question about the daggers and arrows on the character Altair - are they static or if he throws one, will there be a dagger / arrow missing on his belt / quiver?

another technical question…does the engine take care of rendering
single-sided polys as double-sided? (thus, really doubling the polycount
on those areas, since its duplicating the polys at render time)

thanks for sharing the wires! :slight_smile:

WailingMonkey

Very nice Works!

thanks so much for the wires, those are amazing

Great job! All the stuff your team is putting out is really impressive. Best of luck, I know the games are going to sell like hot cakes.

hi guy s …

some answer .

3 diff . normal . spec . but all of these are tweaked by france :wink:

yes i use my basemesh ( mid res for starting head . and after i bake in max . or maya . ( render to textures ) for the normal , diff . and spec. on the universal head.

p.s. all character in game have the same head. ( topology . uvs and shader .)

so reusing its better for a lot of things . like ( l.o.d ) you see.
and with this process you can share normal with another diff ( same uv )
so you have extra head ( for a crowd game play its interesting.
you can do this for clothes too !

thanks again .

phat.

That’s a smart way to do it… :bulb: I was thinking of making base meshes with various face layers to create a range of NPC characters, but they’d still need individual textures. Swapping diff and normals sounds like a good cost effective move.

Are all three maps at 5000x5000 for in-game, or is that just for cut-scenes?

AWESOME Phat !!! VERY NICE REndering !!
:smiley:

I just wander, how do u make those mustache, eyebrows, and hairs for those renders…what program do u use ? max’s hair ? and also the eyes, can u post some shaders for the eyes… real thanks…

CONGRATZ !! Hope the game will be a hit !
:+1:

Hello Pat,
Thanks for sharing with us those awesome shots.
I have a little question too if you don’t mind :).
do you bake your diffuse map with the sss shader apply ?
I ask that because i tried myself to bake with MR the diffuse with sss but the result is all black. :confused: without sss apply it works tho /

You Guys are the best, totally mind blowing stuff.

Phat, Seb, Lil’Sista you guys rock my world totally.

I wish one day I can work with you guys.

Excellent Stuff i have no words about the black man and the chinese girl as well.
the last man, has something strange for me, maybe the position of his eyes or something other, but maybe that’s just me.

Just Kick Ass stuff, wow, wow ,wow! :+1:

thx so much for sharing, this thread is priceless! cant wait to get a grip on this game.:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

I just got back from my vacations and I noticed a new top row :wink:
I’m really glad you posted at last. your stuff is truly amazing!!!

talk to you soon! :smiley:

Phat, very very beautiful works…

Also Tnks for condivide the interesting things about production of UBI’s fantastic Assassin’s Creed…

Bravo! Insane Quality… :grimacing:

You and also your mates ROCK!!!

:smiley:

P.S.
Please post other on AC… if you can… :wink:

Yea! Dude,

I love your Work! Realy Realy Good! I want more!

Mfg SARIn:rage:

if it were time to finnaly get a system agian, man im saving up for this and the optimum system! Absolutly stunning, gorgeous!

hi great work man!
really like these models.
any chance you can share some details on the skin shading and lighting? how it was setup in max.

cheers