ZBrushCentral

Guedin's sketchbook

Hi again, I need to model some shoes and I remembered how good yours were. I was wondering specifically how you do the long stich around the base of the shoe inline with the sole? Yours is a perfect distance from the sole all the way round - and i can’t see any joins from where you’d need to rotate the model and follow it round. Also on the strap that comes over the ankle you have embossed the edges which looks cool. Can you share any tips on these two parts?
Cheers, Sean.

Thanks all for the kind words,

@Boudini : Actually, all the things you said was done in 3DSMax, sorry :D. But if you want to make similar thing in ZBrush, I would suggest you to mask things, and then go to tools -> deformations and play with the inflat slider to make inboss or crease.

I kept working on the body … It’s still WIP though :

WIP-Riddler12.jpg

Cool looking character!

Thanks for the reply. :wink:

looking very crisp now, great job:+1:

I started a new project … I hope I’ll finish this one this time.

She’s a merchant … and she got a giant toad carrying her stuff :wink:
FrogMasterWIP06.jpgFrogMasterWIP07.jpg

I love it thus far. like too see more!

I love this to, love the creature design. I will keep my eyes on this thread :smiley:

Thanks guys ! I kept working on this toad … I almost done. Rendered with BPR, tweaked in Photoshop

FrogMasterWIP10.jpg
FrogMasterWIP11.jpg
FrogMasterWIP12.jpg

Amazing work partner!!

Fantastic Work!
Really clean and great details. Keep it up!

I agree with RockinAkin. Great work!

May I ask how you went about making the scrolls?

Nice work on this, and a lot of lovely tiny details!

A trick to avoid floating characters is to trim the base of their feet with clipCurve!

Can’t wait to see this finished!

Thanks a lot for the kind words !

@Hendrik F : I did them in 3DS Max with spline and then soft selection. It was really quick.

FrogMasterWIP13.jpg

Almost done with this guy. I’ll take a step back from him and work on the girl, before making a final polish pass.
Also, I set up a livestream account to keeping me motivated :+1: : http://www.livestream.com/guedin

FrogMasterWIP16.jpg
FrogMasterWIP14.jpg
FrogMasterWIP15.jpg
FrogMasterWIP17.jpg

And here’s some tweaks I’m planning to do :

FrogMasterWIP20.jpg

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!! Awesome toad. Seriously this guys is really really cool! Great work!

very cool :slight_smile:

Wow that is so cool, thanks for that scroll tutorial btw, I learnt something new today !!! listen if yu have the time could you tell me how did you make the rope, ive tried a few aproaches but no success … thanks and again, awesome work !!!

Ren

Great attention to detail, and digging the mini-tutorials too!

Can’t wait to see this one painted up.

-Steve