ZBrushCentral

Greyhound Racing

Great movement feeling! :+1:

Really great modelling there KrakenCMT :slight_smile:
And definitely scoring high with your antique bronze there also - love it :+1: :+1: :+1:
Chris

Yeah, there’s things I like about both the Lightwave and ZBrush versions. But I’ve got a few more things to iron out with the Lightwave one. I need better “hot spots” in the reflections like those that appear in the ZBrush matcap one.

Can someone tell me why when I export a rendering from ZBrush, it comes into Photoshop so dark? It requires a fair amount of brightening up to get it looking nice. I’m on a Macbook Pro running Photoshop CS. Using default monitor settings. Thing is, when I upload my images after “fixing” them and view them here at work, they still appear a little dark… go figure.

I just brightened up the last images slightly some more.

wow…very nice work…and i think you can make the skin more natural…keep it up !

Awesome materials Kraken! I think I prefer the Z render by a hair, but the lightwave one rocks too. I guess the LW probably looks a tiny bit older, which is good, but I love the glow on the back legs of the Z render. If they were attached to something they could easily pass for real bronzes… hey you could sell a limited edition of 20 for thousands each, then you only have to build and cast them if they sell! I bet there’s a few breeders who’d jump on these! Once you’ve got the deposits you could do a 3D print and have bronzes made from that. This is something I can see quite a few of us doing before long! :+1:

As for mounting these guys to bases, I think this one could be done by moving the front right paw forward a tad so it’s a tiny bit earlier in the stride when that paw is still touching the ground, you’ll need to twist the toe toward the front of course, then see how the other front leg looks - it may need to follow suit a bit…make any sense?

With the stretched pose, you could rotate the whole dog up at the front and down at the back, which is a more natural angle for this part of the stride anyway. The neck and head would need to drop a bit too. The pics I’ve looked at show this pose with more of an angle from shoulder to hip and from shoulder to nose…this way you could attach the model by the lower rear leg…this should be enough.

If this makes no sense I can draw it up, but I can think of nothing else…I looked at posts or ground features when I was playing in Sketchbook, but they looked crap!

Been adding a bit more detail and reworked the ribs areas some. Also updated my antique bronze material in ZBrush. Been having a few problems with the displacement maps in Lightwave. I may end up just finishing this in ZBrush for the deadline, then work on getting the displacement to work later. I need to recheck all my steps and find the problem.

Thanks for the suggestions, Slashpot! I’m trying to work out a solution along those lines.

![GH18.jpg|960x1600](upload://nDD4cD48xwQSg0wf57VJaQhTlDx.jpeg)![GT.jpg|100x76](upload://xQI6OaxvVEEfcKJUESJMwmxbjyc.jpeg)

Attachments

GH18.jpg

I think I’m finished with this for now. I’m very happy with the results I’m getting from ZBrush. Best app in the world!

I wish I had a more elegant solution to attaching the dogs to the base other than a couple of rods, but nothing else seemed to work well and just seemed forced. The rods at least are minimal and functional.

All renderings are done in ZBrush - some with multiple passes.

![1.jpg|100x76](upload://pUyrnaJSVk2qaWUKAYjvKueWeD3.jpeg)![GreyhoundDoc2.jpg|960x720](upload://dz92a50ieIfFJf77cHjVeDfIVDv.jpeg)![GreyhoundDoc1.jpg|960x720](upload://e5BYmwUbMxIcsP0wz8yLrA4UWRr.jpeg)![GreyhoundDoc3.jpg|960x720](upload://bjiTcVQE13VQOPNwtLhGeX3fGaS.jpeg)![GreyhoundDoc4.jpg|960x720](upload://knEP6Pn46vc42nJ3zk2uJiKA63K.jpeg)![Wires.jpg|800x600](upload://q8yegZQakd77Gy2Wda5S5FAd8KH.jpeg)![Closeup1.jpg|800x600](upload://pZFoG70sAbEH14A9LxxLajidAY4.jpeg)![Closeup12.jpg|800x600](upload://mjoasTrMCDFCPmWzCx9IvNcwGQv.jpeg)![icon1.jpg|100x76](upload://6RsPpCr8CvTZtOHOpcdLQgIvs5s.jpeg)

AWesome I Love It :+1: Really good work :slight_smile:

To the gallery!!!

top row!!!

Kraken

I bet some Greyhound racing track would pay to have this cast as sculpture for their racetrack grounds. Fabulous job on this!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Excellent job…do like the final outcome.

Wow! impressive, quite beautiful and dynamic! the shaders are great, the wood is really nice :slight_smile: hard to believe it’s rendered in zbrush

Realy good work man!!

I have couple opinions:

The first dog looks like hes falling on hes face because hes so low on the gound. The front paws are allmost in the ground after hes taken the steps with them. It should be atleast 20-30 cm of the gound in that pose.
And I would make hes neck and back just a little more level, the back is a bit too arched atm.

The dog in the middle looks realy good but he seems to have broken one of hes front legs. Dogs legs doesn’t bend that much, straighten it a little.

And the last dog looks like hes leaping from a lower ground to the ground where the other dogs are running. And you could allso bring hes hip/lower back little up too to make him little more horizontal.

Hope these helps.

btw are you using fotos from this page
http://www.gra-america.org/index.php

Kracken,
Nice job on this piece I really like the flow of the three dogs. Good luck in the challenge

nice post… i like the post…

my only crits is the shader could be better. you can add more metalic effects on this shadder. Right now it looks little bit more spay paint.

good luck
Thao Le

Thanks for the nice replies!

willbrown1, if I knew how to do real bronze work, I’d make a full size one if a track organization asked me to! :smiley: I’ve always wanted to try metalwork.

Lil’sister, actually the wood is very similar to the bronze matcap material. Just colored differently. And ZBrush always surprises me how nicely it renders.

Wiljami, thanks for the crit! I noticed a couple of those things as well. It’s hard to balance the realistic positioning of the dogs with balacning the overall form that all 3 dogs create. I think monstermaker kinda picked up on that part! :wink:

ThaoLe, thanks for the suggestion!

That looks amazing! Great job.

hey KrakenCMT…amazing !