ZBrushCentral

Greyhound Racing

Absolutely beautiful modelling. As a wildlife artist I love seeing animals modelled with such care, great work. My tiny problem is the base of the neck, there seems not to be enough demarcation between neck and shoulder, perhaps the scapula is a little high? I’m really not sure, more likely is that the neck is a little thick, or the shoulder too thin, can you see what I mean or am I imagining it?

Either way this is a superb model, looking forward to seeing more!

Hey slashpot, thanks for the crit!

If you have time and would be willing, could you do a corrective drawing over the section you’re talking about? I’m not sure I see it, but I want to get this right. From your site (excellent art to be seen there, BTW), it sure looks like you know what you’re talking about and if I’m missing something, I’d like to fix it.

I really like your shape man!! the muscle look cool too!! Good beguining!!

Cheer’s

Looks amazing!!

Worked more on the sculpting on the first pose. I also messed around with an antique bronze matcap material. I really like the look of it, but I’m still going to try an antique bronze material in Lightwave as well.

Now, on to the next!

![GH15.jpg|960x720](upload://bQovv4ZQjGU5CbxYJ5uN7HglcDa.jpeg)

nice mat you have there…

love it.

Absolutely beautiful!

I’d be more than happy Kraken, though like I said, I’m not entirely sure what I’m finding not quite right. Then again drawing might help me see it. I think it’s that we don’t see subcutaneous bone, while the muscle is very defined. I’ll try to do it this weekend (which has already started here). But then I might ask you to help me with my modelling!

Love that mat, by the way. Z does great bronze mats.

Thanks, slashpot. I tried to define the area where the neck meets the body a bit more, just in case that might be the problem. I do like it a little bit better that way. And If I can help you out with something, just ask! :smiley:

I’ve also updated the last pic I posted with a material version that has a little better contrast.

I just viewed it and it appears to be a bit brighter when viewed in the browser for some reason.

I dont know why this is not on the top.

Something that just occurred to me… which shows my lack of planning ahead… The poses of the first and last pose have the greyhounds off the ground. But I’ll be adding a base to this, and I’m not sure as to how the base will support them. Maybe just a rod supporting the other two poses? I dunno, I gotta think on this. But any suggestions would be appreciated!

Wonderful doggy in motion! :wink:

Hey Kraken. Maybe you could model a dust cloud underneath for the stand on the poses where it won’t touch the base. That’s all I could think of besides a metal rod.

Great stuff. Having a lurcher in the family I can really appreciate this one!

I don’t know if this helps or not, I had a play in Alias Sketchbook, and still don’t quite know what I’m babbling about, but I think you’re right that it’s the definition between neck and shoulder, and perhaps the line of the neck. Anyway, please feel free to disregard these entirely, its still a fantastic sculpt and should be in the top row, I just love the head sculpt especially, fantastic expression and line.

thanks for letting me have a go!
:smiley:

![Gh13attempts.jpg|519x1034](upload://aiqqqWOnn27PM5iaES0QyI876xI.jpeg)

Great work!

Alan

I am loving this. Can’t wait to see him textured.

Thank you very much, slashpot! I appreciate you taking the time to do that. I see now what you mean and it makes more sense. I’ll see what I can do about it.

I’ve been working on an antique bronze material in Lightwave, but I can’t get the defined cavity texture that appears in the antique bronze Zbrush material I made. I may try to increase the size of the color texture to 6500+ pxels to get the detail. 4096 isn’t quite enough to grab the cavity detail.

I didn’t use the cavity info for the Lightwave render, just the displacement map to determine the color gradient.

The top render is ZBrush, the second is Lightwave.

![GH16.jpg|960x720](upload://eEZreQYiercTrfFW5uwYkyAHD0o.jpeg)![GH17.jpg|843x650](upload://uuMYuFghpf33OMvzhLSywQwpXWG.jpeg)![GHThumb.jpg|100x76](upload://wJcGXXGglCBLsuwFPoTHDZUCSP0.jpeg)

Looks pretty close. You hit it pretty close to dead on real with the lightwave one.