ZBrushCentral

GoB: an unofficial GoZ for Blender.

Hi Kromar
The filters did´nt change anything and if I try to set the path manually I get the same error massage as “sock gardener”. See the screenshot.

Could it be that its one of the macs security permissions?

We got this error before and the cause was a invalid path which is most likely the case for you as well. I will try again go get my hands on a mac because without its almost impossible to understand whats going on.

Thank you. You are great.
Ciao
Klaus

1 Like

@LeiLei
I got my hands on a Mac and was able to fix the path issues.
please give this new version a try and let me know if you got any issues

v3.4.9

It works. Really great. Thank you so much. Great Job.

1 Like

Yep, I can confirm – works great :slight_smile:
No issues so far…

Thanks so much for your work on this. Can’t wait to get in there and have a proper session with it.

1 Like

A new GoB version has been released with lots of bug fixes and improvements. Thanks all for the bug reports and ideas!

@kromar

Thanks Kromar!

1 Like

In Windows, ZBrush installed on non standard path:

Lines 1446 - 1454 and 1472 - 1481 of GoB.py, about the filepaths, get priority to whatever I enter on the ZBrush path in the addon option in Blender, so that, if ZBrush is installed on a different path that C:/program files/ , the exporter doesn’t work, giving a FileNotFoundError.

The only way I could make it work was to edit the filepath directly in the GoB.py

@marcolomeo thanks for posting the issue, id you enter your custom zbrush path in the preferences? if not please try this while im looking into this issue.

can you tell me what version of GoB you are using?

I already tried it, and nope, it gives the same error; I think the path in the code overrules it, or it simply doesn’t get read.
I’m using GoB ver 3.5.1

maybe i overlooked this usecase i will try to reproduce it but could take me a couple days.

1 Like

Thank you!
And no worries; even if it’s just did a crude hack by editing the path in the code, I can use it in the meanwhile.

can you tell me that path you entered in the preferences to your zbrush executable? that might help find the issue

I think I’ve tried this path below, and also the same path without the executable; I don’t remember if I tried also with the inverted slash “/”: I would try now, but I prefer not to mess with the plugin ATM, as I’m in the middle of a sculpt.

D:\+++ PROGRAMS +++\Pixologic\ZBrush\ZBrush.exe

version 3.5.45 has been released with a bunch of fixes and improvements, head over to github to check out what’s new and to get the latest version

EDIT:
i made a new release with some bugfixes and some modifier export improvements.
let me know if you get any issues with it. enjoy

3 Likes

Hi, Love the add on. I was wondering about export of Displacement maps. I do not see them show up in Blender. I used the Tools/Displacement menue in ZBrush, I created a disp map. and I then use GoZ, to import it into Blender and the mesh shows up with poly paint but no displacement maps connected. in nodes or modifiers.

what version of zbrush, blender and the addon are you using? can you try the latest version and see if its also an issue with it?

im not sure if the modifier was ever implemented but the nodes should be there.

Hiya, I’ll like to give this add-on a try but it currently crashes when establishing the Blender path in Zbrush.

I’m using an M1X Mac
Blender 3.0
Zbrush 2022.0.2

The Export from Blender works as expected, it imports into Zbrush fine, but my GOZ setup is grayed out
image and if I try to locate the Blender Path, Zbrush crashes.

Any ideas?

Thx

~t

@lildragon i have not seen this before, can you run the GoZ installer and see if that solves your issue? you should find it in the zbrush troubleshooting folder.