ZBrushCentral

GoB: an unofficial GoZ for Blender.

@sadicus i did some testing and can not reproduce the inconsistency. please make sure you safe yur preferences in blender after flipping the up axis.
If there is still a issue if the up axis is correct then we can look further.

1 Like

not sure why yet It’s working now. thanks for the images and explaining.

1 Like

July 7, 2019
Hi Kromar
I know you are still work on update GoZ and GoB processing take a time.
I just did download on your last link GoB 3.0.6 then check update cause 305 and I click make downgrade to be 3.0.4 that weird.

hi,

at the moment im not working on iut, i have to much other things i need to get done. but i plan a push to upgrade to 2.8 in a month or so which also requires updates on GoB.

not sure what happens with the udpates, i will check why this might have happend. thanks for letting me know.

Sure no problem smile.

Version 3.0.8 for Blender 2.8 has been released with a couple of improvements and bug fixes.

https://github.com/JoseConseco/GoB/releases

• fixed: shading after import
  • new: option to import object smooth or flat shaded
  • new: option to import vertex color as material (currently replaces existing material)
  • new: option to export materials as polygroups
  • new: option to flip forward axis
  • new: cleanup GoB addon preferences into import, export and global sections
3 Likes

I am happy to announce a new release with a couple of improvements!

the new release v3_1_0 includes support for facemaps which can be used in blender 2.83+ as face sets in sculpt mode.

you will find additional options to toggle the import in the addon preferences

enjoy and as always let me know if you run into any issues.

1 Like

@kromar

You’re awesome man! Thanks for keeping this up and running. :+1:

1 Like

A new version (v3_3_8) has been released with a lot of fixes and improvements!
Please find the details and the download on the Project page.

If you have questions, issues or feedback please do not hesitate to let me know.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0-GodtEQl8&feature=youtu.be
This addon is very good and is exactly how GOB should work by default.

1 Like

HI
I`m tired to install GoB on my Mac (macOS Catalina; Blender 2.9) and get the error in the attached screenshot - can anyone help. Thank you.

Forget it. It works now. I don’t know why but it does. I just restarted Blender and zBrush.

@LeiLei hi, did you get that error when enabling the addon or when did you get it? and can you tell me what version of GoB you installed?

Hi Kromar
I got the error when enabling the addon. I used “GoB-GoZ-Blender_28”.
I wrote it works now but that is not true. When I try to export from blender to zBrush it does not work. I get the error message shown in the attachment. From zBrush to blender it works.

@LeiLei you have a version that is not compatible with macos, please try the latest master

v3.4.84
https://github.com/JoseConseco/GoB/archive/beta_3_4_84.zip

Thank you. I will try this. I am in the next weeks on holliday so I don’t know when I can test it.
But I will report when I tested it. Thanks again.
Ciao Klaus

Hi Kromar
I installed this version. Import works but export not. Maybe its me how did something wrong. When I klick on the export button a file browser windows pops up an I don’t know why to do with it. the two attachments show the file browser and the settings of GoB. I don’t know if the path to ZBrush is right.
Thanks again for your help.

Hi @LeiLei thanks for reporting that issue, i dont think its something you are doing wrong but because i have not been able to test that part on OSX.
In the file browser you should select the Zbrush executable but it should already have navigated you to the pixologic folder which is has not so might i ask you to post the path or a screenshot with the path that shows if the filebrowser opens?

Also can you try navigating manually to the zbrush executable and show me the path that you get with that? This would help working out the issues you have.

here is how it looks on windows and should look similar on OSX just with a ZBrush.app as executable as far as i know.

Hi Kromar
Thank you for your response.
In the screenshot above you can see what the file browser shows when I click on export. It is the Macintosh HD.
In the Add-on window the ZBrush path ist empty when I install it. When I try to go to ZBrush manually in the Application folder of zBrush 2021.1.1 I can not find the ZBrush.app. See the new screenshot of blender. The second screenshot is how the ZBrush 2021.1. folder looks in finder.
I hope I described it clear. My english is a great disaster.
Ciao

hm ok seems the .app files are not showing, can you try to open the filter options and see if you can select it if you disable the filters? there have been some issues with the filter consistency and maybe i will just to remove them for now.

Edit: you can try to add the ZBrush.app manually to the path in the addon preferences and see if that works if the filtering does not reveal the .app files.

This is the error I get if I manually set a path to the ZBrush.app

If, however, I use the Blender file browser to navigate inside the package contents

and select the app I get this filepath

If I press the Export button using this path a second instance of ZBrush is launched which then crashes immediately with this error

*sorry for all the screengrabs – I can’t think how to describe it in words