ZBrushCentral

FBBsketchbook

Nice work, very nice expression.

Fantastic!

great work with high sensitivity & beauty :slight_smile:

Really nice … Greetings!:slight_smile:

Grace, elegance, rhythmic, beauty all rolled into this piece. Love the simplicity in the anatomy to emphasize the common flow of gesture with anatomy. For instance the legs, taking the Bicep femoris tendon all the way through the natural line of the fibular by means of the peroneus longus, keeping that flow. You nailed it.

:d

Thats cool. Well done.

One reason I got back into ZBrush, aside from the major advances since version 2, was to express my artistic nature in one of my substantial passions and that would be 21st century vintage exotic cars & concept cars with a still admiring eye cast towards the classic roadsters of the Art Deco Roaring 20’s & 30’s which still have that steam-punkish science fictiony look so clearly defined as being the age of Fritz Lang’s Metropolis. Would love to redesign the streamlined female robot which has stood the test of cultural time as the icon of that Bladerunner of its day movie.
And most of the grand touring automobiles of that time had an elegance that was given its signature in theri distinctive hood ornaments, most of which were these mythic women with their gowns flowing behind them as if to represent speed in motion itself cast in chrome. That said I can see your dancer, I’ve already named her exuberance pronounced appropriately in French ,cast in one of ZBrush’s chrome shaders with sun-triggered star-bursts equally dancing along the curves& creases of her form in full flight mounted upon the hood of some Metropolis era motor vehicle.
I can really envision her and her flowing gown rendered in pure glass like something from the House of Steuben Glass.
Yours is very elegant work

Joy - something rarely portrayed and rarer still quite so eloquently.
Her face in perfect expression as if the sun is shining on it.

Here’s another sculpt that I finally got around to finishing.

This is for a 3D recreation I’m making of a painting by James Gurney from one of his Dinotopia books. Specifically it is my interpretation of the smaller figures at the corners of the viewing platform in the middle background of the image below (sorry for the poor image quality. It’s the best I could find on the web):

Rumble-and-Mist-dinotopia-818034_700_239.jpg

In retrospect I feel like, from a stylistic standpoint, I should probably have done this differently to better suit the nature of the material used etc. Something with simpler lines and form like a gothic gargoyle. Oh well. I like what I did, even if I may end up redoing it for the final piece.

Here you go:

beautiful again… so much movement in a symmetric static pose, amazing!

I’ve always loved the Dinotopia books with their lush illustrations. Gave many a copy to friends’ children for Christmas along with the Dark Crystal DVD. What a wonderful source subject to be inspired by,
This is meant as a compliment ,but your statue would make a lovely Art Deco-era hood ornament for a classic car if it were rendered in chrome and would be as stunning if rendered in the gold material that it was originally illustrated as. As has been my subject of advocacy I can envision this piece with wings made of glass crystal capturing the sun’s ray with a flurry of spectrum swatches emanating from the starbursts created from each curve of every wing feather. This would’ve been a choice subject to be rendered in Steuben glassASPIRE AUCTIONS - 1262. A Steuben Glass American Eagle Ornamental - March 2011 Auction
BTW: The reason I keep going back to Steuben glass is because they are a source of wonderful glassworks on the level of Tiffany that have just recently closed down forever so no more will be made and their works have fired my imagination growing up and seeing full page ads of their latest masterpieces in the magazine section of the Sunday edition of the N.Y. Times of which I have several saved in a keepsake folder, Life magazine sized photography of works that you just can’t find represented on the web.
Further BTW : Your choice of subject matter has the feel that they would look totally at home at some 1930’s era World’sFair exhibition or the historic Columbian Exhibition also known as the Chicago World’sFair in 1893. Speaking of crystals , alloyed with this work’s source of inspiration, your heroic figures would not look out of place in some interpretation of what would be seen in an Atlantis with her holding an example of the great crystal that the Atlantians were supposed to be masters at creating. I readily await your next subject as I am perhaps too obviously planting seed ideas:idea: Just go with your artistic flow. You’re on awonderful path.

was amazing … congratulations

@Taliesyn - I appreciate your enthusiasm:) I hadn’t planned on making a render of these in glass or crystal, but perhaps I will now.

@ CGcronos and kokoro: Thanks:)

I decided to test two of the major web based 3D model viewing services, Verold and SketchFab, by uploading my dancer model to them, decimated to about 420,000 vertices

My conclusions are as follows:

Both solutions are able to load my model quickly and the user interaction is smooth.

Verold seemed to upload and process my model a touch faster, and it loaded in 5 seconds - 2 seconds faster than SketchFab, which loaded in 7 seconds. However, though Verold also appears to have a much more robust materials and lighting system, I was disappointed with the visual appearance of my model - largely due to bad anti-aliasing around the silhouette. The SketchFab viewer suffers no such problem, and consequently is my preferred option as a pure model viewer.

NOTE: Verold has definitely improved it’s technology over the years, and undoubtedly Sketchfab has as well. A few years back I uploaded to Verold a model decimated to about 150,000 vertices. Half the time it would not load at all, and when it did it was after a very long wait. That is not the case anymore. It will be interesting to see how these solutions capabilities expand in the future.

Link to the SketchFab Uploads:
Full model:

Figure study:

Link to the Verold Upload:

Full model:
http://studio.verold.com/projects/52ff2a88653d9202000002f4

I remember reacting to the expression of exuberance of this piece rendered in what appeared to be carved whitish stone , but the apparent warm metallic sheen of polished nickel applied to this freshly uploaded version is welcome touch further enhancing this figure as an elegant Art Deco hood ornament for some classic exotic car or of World’s Fair statuary from the 1930’s. Nice surprise. Would love to see her rendered in ZBrush download metallic material entitled Buffed Silver by Kevin Martin as a more Earthy alternative to eye-blinding chrome. For the statue of liberty style of verdigree sheen highlight on bronze try Grant Warwick’s Oxide. Lovely to be able to scroll horizontally to be able to manually execute a turntable-style twirl.

FYI - The materials and lighting for my uploads to SketchFab and Verold have only been slightly changed from the defaults. I’m sure the presentation could be improved on both services with some effort, but frankly I don’t really care to spend the time. They’ll never look as good as a proper render, so I look at them purely as a technical view of the sculpted forms, not artistic expressions. My main interest at this point was to test these services capacity to handle heavy geometry. I was pleasantly surprised by the results. When I get a chance I’ll try uploading a model at close to a million vertices just to see how well they handle that:)

This is mesmerizing! All the forms just feel perfectly integrated, all the muscles flowing and moving exactly as it should.:+1:

Truly beautiful in every way. I’m glad it is NOT textured. That would only detract from its power and grace.

Gosh thats amazing, can’t help wondering how it would look at a real world size in bronze :smiley: