ZBrushCentral

FBBsketchbook

Stunning work!

I knew this would go Top Row! Congrats.

Great job.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

So awesome anatomy study here… great job

WOW ! really awesome work… can u plz share the work process… and from wer did u research the anatomy detail…

Excellent anatomy, pose, and expression on this sculpt! Really top notch work. What was your reference(s) for this?

Wow, thanks guys!

Some of you asked what reference I used for the pose and anatomy.

The pose was entirely designed from my head (though it closely resembles a common ballet pose), as was the bulk of the anatomy. But I definitely drew on reference to refine some of the details. For reference I turned to the book Human Anatomy for Artists by Eliot Goldfinger, and web searches for ballet dancers and miscellaneous body parts, like feet.

Some of the images I referenced include:

Ballet-B-700x695.jpg
21svet.1.jpeg
blackSwan3.jpg

For the hair I got lucky and found a bunch of photos of an actress (Jessica Alba) with just the right style that I was looking for taken from various angles. If you do a google search for “jessica alba oscar hair” you’ll see what I mean. Here’s a sample:

jessica-alba-oscar-frisur.jpg

Though I’m pleased with the results of the figure study, and certainly with the praise, I’m quite certain that It could be refined in several ways. If anyone wants to offer some helpful critiques please do.

Attachments

Ballet-B.jpg

art at its best! this is so beautiful! you reached your goal, freedom and joy of the soul. wonderful work.

Great work man, congrats on the toprow!:+1:
And thank you for sharing your references!

Beautiful! really powerful captivating pose and sculpt well done!

Beautiful work!:+1:

Cheers!

awesome! i love the sense of balance counteracted by the playfulness of the ball and her position on it! wonderful work

Outstanding work :+1:

its amazing I love her face, she’s so happy and gives a a sense of peacefulness!.

Amazing

Love the elegant simple render… Really allows your eye to draw to the fine details in the model. Excellent!

this is just insane… one of the best pieces I saw recently… a reason to call friends at the monitor and drop jaws together… the final image is beautiful and I can really read the body shape under the cloth… impressive! the anatomy is outstanding… can’t stop to check the wrinkles and how the flesh folds or stretch in the beautiful gesture… wow one day would be good to be half as good as you are!

thanks for sharing:)

Beautiful!

Really impressive work, I love it.

Look forward to seeing more work from you on the front page! :smiley:

Incredible work!

Love it. Very well done and nice presentation.