ZBrushCentral

Fatmiri's New work -ZBrush Animation Added_Pg-4_Tutorial Added(Mild Nudity)

Excellent tutorials. Thank for share this. :slight_smile: :+1:

Great MatCap Tuto Fatmiri!!! Tnx a lot for these very useful tips! :+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

thanks for the tutorialā€¦ Iā€™ve gone through the stuff on the wiki and experimented alot myself, and I still learned some things

Thanks, and very nicly sculpted, you done a good job on them.

Hi everybody,

Lou Mareno: Thank you
brettSinclair:Thanks man
Sebcesoir: Thank you Sebcesior. The hairs are done with a custom brush and a custom alpha, but nothing special I just get faster results working with them. I can upload those if anybody is interested.
gookle: thank you gookle
piz: Hey piz thanks a lot again
SalmonGod:Thank you.
tez:Thanks a lot tez

Thanks again everybody
Fatmiri

Hi again all:) ,

Between making new materials and models I have also been playing a little bit with 3D layers and I have made some small animations in Zbrush.
I have used a mesh that I have done a while ago the Eagle Manā€¦ probably some of you have seen it already.
You can watch the movie here EagleManWalkCycle . QuickTime 4MB
I imported these 7 poses from 3dMax into 7 3d Layers and inbetween frames are all done by moving the 3d Layer slider in ZBrush.

Hope you like it
C&C most welcome.
Thank you
Fatmiri

Wow, sweet idea, and pretty good result :slight_smile: Great work KOSOVA :+1: Keep it up!

Very nice work there and details, however the only crit I have is that the legs are too short. I think that if you make them stronger and longer with right porpotions, the result can be stunning. Good work by the way. Keep it rolling.

Hi,

To be honest here I was expecting people to be more intersted in Capabilities of Zbrush in Animation!
I am not sure if there is no interest in Zbrush beeing able to make animation or I didnā€™t explain myself in previous post. Although main poses were imported that walk cycle is done completely in ZBrush using 3DLayers and snapshots. All inbeetwen shots are done in Zbrush by moving the 3d Layer sliders.
I have been able to make small animation completely in Zbrush using TransformMaster with multiple subtools but results are not worth showing yet.

x-titan:Thankā€™s
cgicore: there is reason for thatā€¦take a look Here

Thanks
Fatmiri

Excellent detail on an interesting character concept.

Hey your work is great kosova they all have great structure and understanding thanks for the great materials i for on would be interested in the custom alphas and brushes you were talking about anything that would make fur and hair easier. Thanks again for posting your great work and great well done materials and for the material tutorial realy helped.

Kosova,

Really appreciate your information on zbrush animation and matcaps!!! I had mentioned if it might be possible to make gifs with layers and marcus_civis responded to it here: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=46117&page=4&highlight=layers+marcus_civis

Never did get around to messing with it, glad you did!! I think your walk cycle of your eagle man model turned out nicely. You always produce quality models and sharing your helpful information is greatly appreciated! Iā€™ll have to play with this here sometime before I forget again :wink: . Keep up the great work :+1: :+1: .

gregsf:thankā€™s
troy1617:Thankā€™s a lot my friend. I really appreciate your comment.Iā€™ll send you a link
through PM for the brushes as soon as I upload them to my site. They have been usefull to me so I hope youā€™ll find them usefull as well.
AngelJ: Thank you too my friend. I wasnā€™t aware of that,I just downloaded Marcus Civicā€™s script but it didnā€™t work ā€¦it was giving me an error as there are no 3d Layers in the scene.Anyway I completely by accident realised it, when I was importing a model with changed UVs at level1
that higher level info stay intact so I started playing with it. But I guess I got exited when I realised that Zbrush is capable of Animation after all.

On a side note I wouldnā€™t have made that tutorial if I wasnā€™t asked to. I know most of you didnā€™t need it but there are people who found it usefull. I have seen questions from experienced users asking how could you make multiplechanell materials combing both matcap and standard materials so I thought I include that info as well. In the end if we all share our knowledge we will all get better artists.

Thank you
Fatmiri

Iā€™m intrested in the animation that you produced. Now is this something that you are rendering out in ZBrush one ā€œframeā€ at a time or is it something that will animate over time?

You know the more I use displacement maps the more I wish you could do what you are doing in ZBrush in another application. It would be nice if the approximation node would divide the same way that Z does with the correct vertex ID, even better yet if there was a plug in that would allow you to look at vert ID or nearest UV, then it would pose the characer and then move the hi res levels. (Same thing that you are doing in Z but in another application.)

Displacement maps are cool but I am getting a little frustrated with their limitations and set up time. The results are never 100 percent of what you have built inside of Zbrush, this can make you a bit sad in the end.

I talked a little bit with the folks at XSI about a vector based displacemet, it was an interesting conversation but I found out that the person that wrote that shader has moved on to other things and the shader is in limbo. Bummer. This shader would let you displace in XYZ using RGB components of your texure map. The map looked funky but the results were very cool. Take a look at the link above to see this working in action.

Keep up the great work!

NickZ. :slight_smile:

Great work. I like EagleManWalkCycle. and thank so much for tutorial. :sunglasses: :+1:

Nice sculptures man! :+1:
Thanks a lot for awesome matcap shaders!

Kosova, your modelling skills are exceptional, absolutely love that model of a girl you made. Thanks for the matcap tutorial, very informative. I would also like to know more how you used layers to do that eagle man walk. Very interesting. Keep up the good work. :smiley:

Incredible sculptures, amazing materials. Thanks by the way for letting us download and try them out. Congratulations!!

Hi,

nickz: Hey nickz, sorry for the late reply ,but better late than never. Thanks for the comment.
For the animation I used snapshot for each pose and inbetween poses. Had to change subd. levels each time as I stored poses at level one. Using displacement in other applications can be frustrating but still until Zbrush has true 3D shadows( if that is possible after all) we donā€™t have much choice. And yet wouldnā€™t it be nice to do animations in Zbrush, I mean real animation, we can just hope that will be possible one day.
gookle:Thank you. I hope the tut helped.
andreja:Thanks Andreja, love your sculptures too.
DigitalDreamer:Thank you very much, For the animation I created new layers at level one for each pose and imported the same model in different poses in those layers, like pose one =layer one, pose two = layer two etc. and after that
would go to highest subd. level and take a snapshot for each pose . I hope this helps.
ralphgmr: Thank youā€¦ No problem at all.

Hi again,

Some Brushes that I have created over the months that have made sculpting easier for me. I thought Iā€™d share them with you.
I named them the way I use them but they are not limited to that obviously.
Be sure to press the new Reset Brush plugin before you use them as you can get different resultā€™s sometimes.
I hope you find them usefull as did!

Fatmiriā€™s Zbrushes.

Fatmiri's_ZBrushes.jpg