ZBrushCentral

DynaMesh Master! unofficial - Information, Installation

@jibberishballr/mawag01/Patpotlood: The dynamesh button by default turns off after it’s processed. This was added because if the model was scaled up the value on the resolution slider would no longer match. I’ll look into adding a toggle for next update.
@Airbrush: The shape of the model has a lot to do with the resolution you can achieve. If you have long and skinny objects you may not be able to go over a certain polycount with Dynamesh.
@Defonten/Barnabas: Going to look into adding a Dynamic Subdivision check for next update :slight_smile:

DynaMesh Master

(Ver 1.3 Updated 3/22/2015)

Installation

**** Make sure you have updated to ‘ZBrush 4R7 P2’ or later! *****

ZBrush 4R7 32bit:
UnZip the attached DynaMeshMaster_v1.3_x32.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.
DynaMesh Master will be located under the Zplugin tab.

ZBrush 4R7 64bit:
UnZip the attached DynaMeshMaster_v1.3_x64.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.

Change Log

v1.1: Initial Public Release
v1.3: Updated for 4R7 P2 x32 and 4R7 P2 x64. Increased max res to 4096 on x64. Make sure you have ZBrush updated to 4R7 P2 or later

-JosephDynaMeshMaster_v1.3_x32.zip (4.8 KB)DynaMeshMaster_v1.3_x64.zip (4.8 KB)

:+1: Thanks for all your awesome plugins. I think I’m up to date for a while :wink:

Can I ask what the difference is between this nd the dynamesh bit of Clean Tool Master? Do I get this or that or both!

I waited for this one.

thnx a lot

DynaMesh Master
(Ver 1.4 Updated 3/23/2015)

Installation

ZBrush 4R7 32bit:
UnZip the attached DynaMeshMaster_v1.4_x32.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.

ZBrush 4R7 64bit:
UnZip the attached DynaMeshMaster_v1.4_x64.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.

Change Log

v1.1: Initial Public Release
v1.3: Updated for 4R7 P2 x32 and 4R7 P2 x64. Increased max res to 4096 on x64. Make sure you have ZBrush updated to 4R7 P2 or later
v1.4: Added a ‘Keep Active’ button this will keep DynaMesh Active after processing (DynaMesh needs to be Active when applying InsertMeshes with ALT to get them to subtract; this button should help achieve that.) Added a check to see if the model has Dynamic Subdivision applied; you will get a OK/Cancel Message now. The ‘Scale’ slider will now update with the scale value used when ‘Use Auto Scaler’ is active (This will allow you to see how many times the model was auto scaled to achieve the desired resolution.)

Notes

Added some options; I apologize for taking so long to get to these! Hope they help!

-JosephDynaMeshMaster_v1.4_x32.zip (5.36 KB)DynaMeshMaster_v1.4_x64.zip (5.34 KB)

You may have missed my previous question…

Can I ask what the difference is between this nd the dynamesh bit of Clean Tool Master? Do I get this or that or both!

@Gordon Robb: The Dynamesh Project part of the Clean Tool Master was an early idea behind this plugin. The DynaMesh Master plugin now automates a lot of the functionality and gives you the ability to get close to a specific polycount.

Clean Tool Master has had the Dynamesh Project portion removed for a little while now and is strictly just for processing Visible or All Subtools with a selection of presets.

Ah, thanks for that. I’ll dl this one then.

it’s work for 4R7 version?

I’ve been using this plug-in and it’s great. I have a little niggly problem though that is driving my nuts.

I typically leave all the settings at the default. Sometimes when I’m trying to dynamesh an object (normally one that is not already dynameshed) I get the following error…

ScreenClip.png

It still dynameshes, but at incredibly low res. Problem is I can’t find any things to change. When it eventually works (normally after I’ve changed something about the object, it works fine. Any ideas what I can do to stop this happening?

Any ideas?

Gordon Robb, I’ve also run into this problem a few times. To anyone who may know the answer, is there some obvious info I’m missing?

So here’s what I’ve managed to figure out (And there really doesn’t seem to be much logic to it - some parts of similar size work fine). If I get this message, I undo to the point before dynamehs started messing with it (quite a few steps). then I save (as sometimes after you get this message, ZBrush will crash if you try again). Then I use the ‘scale up’ button. I try it at times 1, but might to to 2 or 3. I then try to dynamesh with normal dynesh. Once I get the result I want, I hit the ‘scale down’ button. That works a treat. You can even scale up a few times - as long as you scale down the same number of times when you’re done :slight_smile:

@Gordon Robb, @Justo: I apologize for the extremely late reply on this; Gordon you are correct the error appears to be related to the scale of the mesh. If the model is too tiny when it attempts to calculate the resolution to generate close to the desired Polycount it will throw that error (basically telling you that part of the mesh will result in no vertices at that resolution.)

I will look into seeing if I can remove this from happening :slight_smile:

-Joseph

Yes Joseph, but I’ve had it happen with tools that normal dynamesh will work with, but just not enough resolution. I’ve also found that it sometimes doesn’t work with a or unitive, but will once it’s been dynameshed. Also, it gives you the error, and then goes ahead and creates a really low res tool, rather than stopping.

Thanks for sharing this awesome plugin.
I really do like the idea of the polycount slider a lot.

But when I add the Dynamesh button and the resolution slider to my custom interface ZBrush hangs and has to be closed by force. Tried this several times and each time I get the same result.

I use Win7Pro with the latest 4.7

@Erik Heyninck: You should be able to drag these into a custom UI and still have them work (I can not get the buttons to cause a crash on any of my machines.) Do you have an overabundance of Zplugin buttons linked to your UI? If you load the default UI and create a fresh custom UI with only those two options does it still crash?

-Joseph

I love this plug in and have used it for a good while. Thanks so much for sharing it with us Joseph!

I’m having a problem on a 3D print I’m preparing. I have a project for a character made of several subtools with a total of 13 million points. However when I start to combine these subtools and get down to one I can’t seem to get higher than 3 million points. I get this result regardless of settings in Dynamesh Master. I also get the same results in the standard Dynamesh plugin.

Changing the physical size of the tool seems to have no effect. I can start the slider at 128, hit Dynamesh and get a low rez result as expected. However, as I move up in resolution I hit right around 2.97 million points and that’s it.
It’s almost as if there is a hard limit setting for Dynamesh but I don’t know of any such thing and Dynamesh Master appears to allow for much higher resolutions.

The only setting that appears to allow for more points is to leave Group turned on, but that leaves me with intersecting forms within the single subtool which I think will not allow for printing.

I seem to remember not having this issue before so I’m sure it’s something simple that I’m just not realizing right now :smiley:

Any ideas? Thanks!

@HeavyTheory: I have encountered the max resolution item as well; most of the time it is related to the model being ‘long and skinny’ (example: gun silencers, missiles, telephone poles etc…)

To start check the Size of your model in [Tool:Geometry:Size]. The DynaMesh process usually generates the maximum amount of resolution in 4R7 P3 with a XYZ Size anywhere from 2.0 - 2.5 and resolution set to 4096 (If you DynaMesh a default cube you end up with ~10 mil.) After the size goes larger then that you will probably not see an increase in DynaMesh resolution. (The DynaMesh Master plugin auto scale function was created to primarily work with small sized objects.)

If you hit the DynaMesh maximum you can always divide the mesh and then project. So you can ‘Merge Visible’ on the model to create a single Subtool then append that to your scene. Then create the DynaMeshed version of the model that is giving you the 2.97Mil point count. From here divide the model up as you would normally (This will get you above 11 mil no problem.) With the DynaMeshed version selected and the Merged tool visible; change your project all setting Dist to .1 [Tool:SubTool:Project:Dist .1] then do a ‘Project All’ [Tool:SubTool:Project:ProjectAll]

This should project the details back from your 11mil model to the Watertight DynaMeshed version. Let me know if that helps at all :slight_smile:

-Joseph

Hey Piggyson, just wanted to say that you’re awesome and thanks for sharing this. The problem with the scale of the mesh can be a bit tedious, but it’s a minor thing when compared to such an awesome thing. The way I solve it is to export as obj the mesh, import, and then dynamesh it (for some reason there’s not a problem anymore if I do that).