ZBrushCentral

DynaMesh Master! unofficial - Information, Installation

@Piggyson Hey Joseph. Thanks so much for the quick response. I looked at my physical size and I was all the way up at 30 for some reason. I brought it down to 2 (If I was understanding you correctly that it’s the best range for Dynamesh) and tried again at 4096 and then in Dynamesh Master at around 6 million, but both options just barely got me to 3.1 million. It still seems there is something going on that’s causing a hard limit but I’m not sure at this point. Just so I’m not crazy - there is no way a setting in Zbrush could be causing this is there? Seems like it would be a built in limitation. It’s still probably something I’m missing. I’m including a grab to show the proportions of this tool. I have this kid laying on his back. Could it be something about his orientation?

However your suggestion about going with the low rez Dynamesh, subdividing, and projecting is going to most likely get me to the finish on this one and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!

P.S. I live in Charlotte. If you get a chance I’d love to talk to you offline about meeting up for some paid Zbrush training/consulting if that wouldn’t be a conflict for you. Thanks man.

@Justo I tried your suggestion of exporting as an OBJ and importing again but it still yields the same low rez results for me. I’m glad it works for you though:DCharlie Print.JPG

Great post! like it.

This is very cool :sunglasses:. Well done. :+1:

Big fan of this script. Would love a zremesher equivalent :wink:

Why I can’t get meshes higher than 4.125 millions polys with this plugin?

@final fight: The max resolution; most of the time it is related to the model being ‘long and skinny’ (example: gun silencers, missiles, telephone poles etc…)

To start check the Size of your model in [Tool:Geometry:Size]. The DynaMesh process usually generates the maximum amount of resolution in 4R7 P3 with a XYZ Size anywhere from 2.0 - 2.5 and resolution set to 4096 (If you DynaMesh a default cube you end up with ~10 mil.) After the size goes larger then that you will probably not see an increase in DynaMesh resolution. (The DynaMesh Master plugin auto scale function was created to primarily work with small sized objects.)

If you hit the DynaMesh maximum you can always divide the mesh and then project. So you can ‘Merge Visible’ on the model to create a single Subtool then append that to your scene. Then create the DynaMeshed version of the model that is giving you the 2.97Mil point count. From here divide the model up as you would normally (This will get you above 11 mil no problem.) With the DynaMeshed version selected and the Merged tool visible; change your project all setting Dist to .1 [Tool:SubTool:Project:Dist .1] then do a ‘Project All’ [Tool:SubTool:Project:ProjectAll]

This should project the details back from your 11mil model to the Watertight DynaMeshed version.

-Joseph

This plug is great! Thankyou very much indeed.

There seems to be an annoying change of behaviour. I used to be able to press Scale up Visible, and it would increase the size of the subtool selected. Now it scales up all the subtools which have the eye on. This means that the subtool I have selected (whcih never has the eye on) is the only one that does not scale up.

What gives? I haven’t chaned anythign.

@Gordon Robb: What you are describing is how it has always functioned :slight_smile: You can scale the selected subtool, scale all the subtools, or finally scale the visible ones (with ‘eyeball icon’ on.) The plugin has always required the ‘eyeball icon’ to be on in order for ZBrush to process the subtool as ‘visible.’ If the selected subtool has the ‘eyeball’ icon on then it should process the selected subtool.

Eventually I need to rewrite this plugin as the Dynamesh process in relation to scale has changed slightly since the 3+ years when I released it (also my ZScripting was a little bit of a mess back then too :slight_smile: )

-Joseph

@Piggyson - Damnit. I’m an idiot. I was all indignant ready to take a screenshot of my interface and tell you you were wrong, when I see I’ve been pressing the wrong button :). I used to hit Scale up, but I’ve been hitting Scale up Visible. Doh!

Thanks for pointing out my ineptitude, and helping me :slight_smile:

Honestly, I don’t know how I manage to get dressed in the morning

Hey all, just wondering if this should work in 4r7? have placed most recent version in zplugs folder but no joy unfortunately.

Yes, I can confirm it does work with 4R7. I had no problems installing.

Thx sooo much for every scripts u make and made to make our life much easier :heart::sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Works on R8?

Yes, works witn R8P2. Installed it here and works fine.

Has anyone been able to get this working on 2018?

The 2018 version can be found here. It’s down towards the bottom of the page. The direct download link is here if you don’t want to bother looking for it.

How about 2019? website says its installed by default but it wasn’t there and the only version i could install was for 2018 which is giving me a script error when trying to use it. Anyone else have success?

Edit: installed the old 4r7 version and it works fine, obviously there are options missing so hopefully there is an update for this.

I hope a 2019 edition comes out soon. I just updated to 2019 after finally discovering dynamesh master and its genius to set your res level.

please update 2019