ZBrushCentral

Digital sculpts for Las Fallas festival 2020

Hi. I’m sharing with you some of the 3D sculpts that I did for Las Fallas festival this year. Sadly, the festival was postponed due to the ongoing health crisis situation. Hopefully, next year we’ll see their actual monuments on street.

This first falla monument is a falla monument in Valencia, within the special section, which means the group of monuments with the higher budgets. It’s name, Falla “Exposición-Micer Mascó”, by David Sánchez Llongo and designed by José Santaeulalia:

Digital Sculpt, Falla "Exposición - Micer Mascó" 2020 from Moisés Ojeda on Vimeo.

Boceto

Render09
Foto01 Foto02 Foto03 Foto04 Foto05 Foto07 Foto08 Foto09 Foto10 Foto11 Foto12 foto14 Foto16 foto17

Another falla monument in Valencia. Falla “Rivera-Convento Santa Clara” by Carlos Carsí and designed by Ramón Pla:

BocetoFinal2

A falla monument for children in Alcira (Valencia). Falla “Plaça Major” by Raúl Tazo and Carmen Camacho, designed by Isa Falcó:

Digital sculpt, fallero monument for children "Plaça Major" in Alcira, 2020 from Moisés Ojeda on Vimeo.

DibujoTodo

Another falla monument in Alcira (Valencia). Falla “Camí Nou” by Toni Pérez and designed by Diego Iglesias:

Digital sculpt, falla "Camí Nou" in Alcira, 2020 from Moisés Ojeda on Vimeo.

Boceto2

85161125_505411870386738_1480960708559503360_n
82193786_2640379946070755_1858026079432736768_o

87733851_1094463650904766_2857580688515792896_n
87384697_192830665298819_4334114552808472576_n
Sin título-2
Sin título-1

37 Likes

Oustanding :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Really awesome :blush:

1 Like

WOW!!!
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

1 Like

Que pena que no se pudo haber hecho las fallas este ano :pensive: porque el trabajo de escultura digital es brutal!!! y la pintura es increible, cada personajes son de…PM! @Moises_Ojeda.
Too bad the Fallas did not happen this year, the sculpting and painting are absolutely incredible, every character and scene are amazing!!! Thank you for sharing! :slight_smile:
Jaime

2 Likes

Thanks Jaime. Yeah, it’s been a shame. But the good news is that all these pieces are kept safe, and sooner or later they’ll be displayed on street again. So, hopefully that will happen next year. I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

Hopefully, they will be displayed! Can you share who does the original 2D drawings and where is the inspiration coming from? Like who decides the direction?
Jaime

Sure, I just edited the text that introduces each falla monument to make clearer who the 2D artists are.
Although the idea and inspiration come either from the Falla assotiation, that is in the end the client that comissions the monument, and the fallero artist, whose role is kind of an artistic and technical director. So the theme of the monument has to do with what the comission feels like talking about, usually in a satirical way, and tackling current affairs. Then the fallero artist is the person that takes decisions and guides the whole team at the workshop, either 2d artists, modellers, painters, and carpenters that do the wood eskeleton… of course, each of them can contribute with ideas along the process.

1 Like

Thanks Moises. The 2D drawings are amazing as so the 3D sculpts, the volumes, the proportions, the poses and the expressions, just gorgeously executed, then come the cnc work and amazing paint job faithfully applied. WOW!
Jaime

2 Likes

I’m glad you like it, Jaime :slight_smile:

Amazing works as always! Love seeing these =) Thanks for sharing!

-Joseph

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m glad you like them :slight_smile:

Thanks for your words

Thanks Prabhat!

Thanks Abby!

such a cool sculpt. Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

OMG!! This is amazing!! great work

1 Like

Always a treat to see your posts Moisés and bravo for such fine realisations. :rocket: :+1:
May I ask - how much time to you have to set aside to create such an involved commission?

1 Like

Thanks Joseph!

Thanks Pixopaul! You’re welcome