ZBrushCentral

David Schultz - Thread of Hilarity and Doom

Really cool. Lots of elegant shapes. What did you use to fit the filigree elements to the curved surface?

Thanks, man! Well, it depends. Most of them I broke into smaller objects and stuck them together. I know for a few of the larger pieces I made curves in Max and threw an edit poly on top of it to get a better approximation of the form before I brought into Zbrush. I could have just as easily done it with Zspheres though.

This is just a quick render of a door I am making for a low poly version of the brownstone. Using dynamesh to combine subtools was so helpful as is the new qremesher and new peak and valley mask type. Cool stuff.

bs_door_bpr.jpg

Attachments

bs_door_bpr.jpg

The door looks fab dtschultz, as do the other parts of the brownstone project your putting together here. Excellent work. I hadn’t seen the thread before now. I’ll be watching the progress now that I have. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Ezra

Thanks a lot, Ezra! Much appreciated.

Very cool! I like the little bit of ware and distress on the paint.

Terrific

Beautiful door, safe roads leading to fantastic:+1:

Thanks, guys!

Thanks, Nick! Hope you are doing well.

Taking a break from some stuff I was working on and made this in zbrush, rendered in Modo. Lighting in Modo is so much fun thanks to the interactive previewer. Low poly is on the way.

This is from a concept my James Paick (although I took some liberties): http://www.cgmwonline.com/assets/com…/files5/40.jpg

dschultz_paick_rock_form.jpg

Attachments

dschultz_paick_rock_form.jpg

Here’s a Zbrush sculpt (rendered in Modo) of an urn from the Palace of Versailles I did a little while back. This was quite a bit of fun.

dschultz_versailles_urn_010313.jpg

Attachments

dschultz_versailles_urn_010313.jpg

The urn looks awesome Dave! Great Stuff =)

-Joseph

Absolutely lovely, Bravo! :smiley:

Cheers, David

Thanks a lot, Joe! I’ve got to quit looking at it. I keep seeing things I want to change.

Thanks, chalkman! Much appreciated.

Another great job David!always looking forward to see new things from you!!keep it up!:wink:

good job
is beautiful, thin, and suggestive
the importance of a job well done
thanks for sharing:+1:

Thank you very much Stevef and PFC666! I’m glad you like it.

That came from one of the famous temples of the ancient Khmer , near by Angkor Wat , Siem Reap , Cambodia.
I’v had a great time there and shoot tons of pics.
Nice work !

Ray’s Spirit: Thanks a lot! I am jealous you got to go there. I would love to actually see it in person. I’ve seen so many reference images, and I studied them for so long, I almost feel like I have.

If you still want more reference pics about that , feel free to ask me , I’ll send some for you.
That is one of the must-go-to-place in life . You should see the temples scatter in the jungles .It is not untill you see them by your own eyes that you feel the eternity of history.