ZBrushCentral

dancing girl

nice work ! love the render !

Brillant image. Next up a capoiera or jui jitsu practitioner seeing as you Brazilian. :stuck_out_tongue:

congrats on your toprow first of all!

its well deserved. now i would like to see one turnaround in that dance studio setting. you know what i mean! a real vfs style character presentation :smiley: :+1:

Here we go:

An image from 3ds max viewport showing the hair. It´s the standard 3ds max hair/fur. I started doing a haircut based on one “hair grow” object, which I created in Zbrush using mask/extract. After “blocking” the hair, I detached the part(mesh) I wanted to have finer control and did more hair adjusts.

And a close up of her face:

And Disco Stu, I´d love to make a fulll 360 degrees render, but it would take forever with my actual computer :confused: But next time, next time…

And thanks again everybody for the comments, critiques and compliments, really. At each post I learn something new here, great feedback!hair_growth.jpgdancing_girl_close_up_head.jpg

NICE Job! I love the legs of the dancer. They look very realistic. Good Anatomy~
by the way, what’s the polycount of the character during the rendering process? Is it the highest level of the zb tool? If not, so how could u have made the renders look so highpoly. I’ll be thankful if u reply to me, thanks anyway!

Hi
May i ask how you created the eyes?

That close up is beautiful. Good job on the hair. Love the eyes. Especially the lower eyelids slightly squinting. Nice work :+1:

Oustanding Work. can you sare the scane you using in 3dsmax:D . man the skinn it’s look so realistik.

The face closeup looks fantastic!!

dude this is great, sweet result with the hair and fur, and thanks for sharing the shader setup too! 5*

I´ve first rendered the whole scene with a medium poly mesh of her body/cloths. When I got the lighting/mood I wanted, I rendered the final composition in different parts, importing the highest subdision level for each of them from Zbrush.
I did that by separating the body in five different polygroups in Zbrush (left arm,right arm, torax, legs and head). Then it was easy to import the body parts separately in max to render not-so-long :slight_smile: and without crashing because of memory limits.

Great work !

Yes I agree, funny and interresting challenge…
I think the fingers are a little bit strange, specially the thumb (notably
the proximal and the distal Phalanx too long and maybe too thin…)
The facial expression is too serious for me, she is dancing…:sunglasses: … why is she so
serious, so tautly ?..a little smile would be welcome…
Another thing, when I look the pose, I think there should be more abdominal muscle deformation, a little bit more stretching…(notably the rectus abdominis)…it’s seem to be too flat…otherwise good job ! :+1:

Amazing realism! I agree with others that the pose seems off in some way. Not sure what, everything looks good on the legs and head but I think its definitely in the upper torso and arms. Its true our bodies achieve very flexible degrees especially when dancing but for this particular beauty shot I think the pose could much more powerful. Maybe tweak the rotation of the torso a bit or reposition the arms in another way. Crits aside, this is phenomenal work, I love it and hope to one day achieve this kind of realism! One more thing… maybe give her some beads of sweat here and there and even flying from her and into the air! Great job! :+1: :+1:

HAHAHA, GREAT AMAZING WORK.

I have the feeling a lot of people here have never seen a serious dance rehearsal or just a serious dance piece in general. It’s nearly perfect.

Congrats on the top row!

holto

ok, ok, I AM going to put my two cents in…
After looking a bit I think that beyond agreeing that maybe there should be a little more wear on the shoes…

You have rendered her in that moment as she is dragging her foot as the momentum of her move makes her weightless to the eye… The issue is that all of her muscle treatment is so dynamic and taught. I think that if you simply made the movement one second earlier so that her grounded foot is actually still applying force to the floor it would ground the entire piece.

If that makes sense… Render her in the push-off instead of the glide-through.

Then all the dynamic of the piece is rooted somewhere.

Cheers!

Again, thanks for all the comments, critiques and compliments.

And About the pose itself, I’ve done a deep research about comtemporary dance, I’ve watched a few shows myself, and I believe that contemporary dance is an unvaluable resource for movement and expression. And I think it’s really usefull and rewarding to see (read about) all these different points of view.

About the composition itself, I really wanted to achive a dynamic and also not-conventional movement/pose, not a classical ballet movement or something. Something different. The moment of “passing”, of changing forces, dynamically. That’s the main idea. But there’s always room for improvements. Specially after reading so many usefull comments :slight_smile:

But anyway, thanks again everybody for all the feedback, really!

Ricardo

Well, based on that, I’d say you are spot on then. That moment is kinda what I was getting at. I do think that with it being different that maybe it’s what people are feeling thrown off with.

Great work!

really really nice. only crit, i feel like it might benefit from a slight motion blur on the feet and arms perhaps. i dunno, feels a little too static for me if you are trying to suggest elegant movement. but it looks awesome and the shader is sweet! :+1:

So, I asked my wife, she has some really good eye to see humans in motion. She used to pose to me for my characters :slight_smile:

Our conclusions are:

• The pose is pretty off. The spine has an obvious almost 90 break at the connection of chest and ribcage are, that's very impossible, since the human body is always trying to follow an S curve to maintain balance. Also, the spine bends forward, while the rest of the body suggest another direction, bending backward
  • The chest looks sunken. This is obvious on the shaded views.
  • Her butt looks too big compared to her upper body, but yet she looks very feminine, so it's OK :)
  • The face has a concentrating expression, but her eyes are telling a different story. I thing she should squinting, or her face has to have a different facial expression
Sorry that I don't agree wholeheartedly with the majority of folks here, but I think that it's an exceptional artwork, and the pose works against the level of quality. I'm pretty sure, that minor adjustment will help a lot, but I understand you made lot of efforts to get to here. At this moment I see that the unique elements are great, but they are not making up as whole.

By the way, do you have any particular reference image you used for this piece? It would be nice to see them