ZBrushCentral

dancing girl

Thanks everybdy for the comments and critiques. Really awesome.

Brett: I tend to agree, gonna try some tweaking with the spec map. And about the motion blur, the image is originally 4000x3200 pixels.I’ve lost most of the motion blur effect when reduciing it to 1160x1450. I may accentuate it a little before reducing again.

Thanks for the comments, really!

Intervain: Yep about the bra, gonna re-sculpt the borders of it and do some tweaking with the shader/texture. Thanks!

Thanks again,
Ricardolegs_MoB.jpg

Ah I see:D:D:D. Well. Ye. hehe. try see what it does for the image if its a bit exaggerated. Who knows ;). Awesome piece again. :+1:

Great job!great sense of motion!

beautiful work

Very nice! Would love to see your process sometime!!
-K

It’s a nice render and model, But I can’t get around that pose. All she’s missing is a tennis racket, in my opinion. To me this would never have communicated “dancing” if she didn’t have the environment and outfit to explain it. So for me it weakens the piece significantly.

If you have time someday I’d try another pose, might get a stronger piece for it!

If your going to tweak it more, I’d soften the muscles in the forearm, and maybe ad some wear and tear to the shoes. Did you create all of the subdermal layers in zbrush? And did you paint the maps from scratch?

You did an excellent job of making her legs look like they’re exerting power. You seem to have the right tendons popping, etc. Impressive work.

-Dustin

I did the main color maps (overall and epidermal map) in Zbrush. Using a mix of skin patterns and custom alpha brushes, all in Zbrush using polypaint. But since I wanted the texture to have enough resolution (I used one 6000x6000 color texture for her hole head/body) and the model had no more than 4 million polys (the full body with head), I added a few retouthces in Photoshop, to get a bit more detailling. The subdermal was a derivation form the main color map, with a few tweaks and vein´s painting. For the rest of the maps, some are photo based (as the ground), others (dirty maps of the ground, walls, etc,…) were done from scratch in Photoshop.

Thanks,
Ricardo

Here we go…

Thanks!bailarina_Zbrush.jpg

Amazing! An original character, a good hard look, rendering a whim, excellent modeling, is to hard to combine everything. Congratulations!

What the hell are the putting in the water down there in Brazil!!? Great job.

Hey great work here! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

And lol @ Flack hehe seriously.

seriously awesome work here. the skin, the cloth, the anatomy - all look absolutely amazing.

i would like to see multiple angles of this shot. from this angle it looks as if the shoulders are perpendicular to the neck and in that much of an extreme pose, i’m thinking that there would be some more curvature of the spine around the neck or the shoulders would be a bit more twisted and not so “in line” with the neck. it very well could be the angle… or just me :smiley:

looks awesome none the less. great work - added to my inspiration folder.

Here we go…

And thanks for the comments :+1:

Ricardobailarina_turning_2.jpg

Attachments

bailarina_turning_2.jpg

yea, it looks great from the back. i think it’s just me - the front seems to look better now that i’ve seen the back.

nice work, ric.

Good looking model please tell me how you did the hair in detail :sunglasses:

Wow, amazing work! I love the sculpt, textures, pose, lighting, rendering, composition…The only thing is her face does not have the same level of expression as the rest of her body. Just a thought. Your work rocks!

The more I see it the more I feel, that the pose is off. Dramatic, dynamic, but yet something is definitely off there. The bending of the spine, or the weight distribution of the body, I don’t know. There are to point that must be mentioned.
The arms (especially her right) are off also.
The spine distorts in a way that makes the upper body (especially chest area) looks like a different character has been planted onto the abdomen area, if you understand me (it’s my fault, my English is rubbish)

But the quality is excellent.

Thanks a lot for the additional images. :slight_smile:

Cheers!