ZBrushCentral

Community Space Scene Challenge

Mecha Hate Chimp : The “brush” look is -i think -just the reflectionimage i used
its smeared out over the wings so its “blockey” and looks painted…a happy accident !

Buckie : Thank’s…In ZBrush it was a breeze…but if it was airbrushed it would have taken very looooong :slight_smile:

stumpf : Well Ralf it was your “butterfly” that started it…i used my own model that looked not as good as yours…had some trouble making the composition ,i rendered it in 2560-1920 and it was hard to put the “ships” in place !

mathieu77 : :cool: …speaking of stars, the image could have used a nicer "cosmic’ background…have to search for some images on the web !

jantim

moonfinal1.jpg

This is my limited work as I’m a newbie to Zbrush and to 3d modelling, but with help from this site and the art of playing with photoshop. I finished it and I’m happy. What do people think and any more advance for the furture.

Thanks enjoying the challenge.

James

aka Opens the Way

okok, but it got some spacey attributes at least :wink:

spacezwiebel.jpg

That is the coolest spacezwiebel i have seen since i got drunk on a schooltrip to Munich ,Erklaerbar :smiley:
I’ve been greeblin to…

ships01aa.jpg

most postpro. work in ZBrush…did a small contrast- and unsharp thingie in Photoshop…planetimage is plucked from the web , i believe it is made by Armands Auseklis.

jantim

This is ZBrush?

Wwwwwooooowwwwwwww…

Who needs Maya, Max, SoftImage… :smiley:

Jantim :lol: thanks! I reckon it should have said spacezweeble.

Like your greebles, the alien riders are sweet!

Erklaerbar, thats an awesome render. Very smooth.:+1:

How many lights are you using in that?

thanks:-) I used 5 objects, and for every one of them a different light setup.
Create first, render and bake.–>create second with new lights, render and bake
, and so on. Plus once you got them baked you can easily change colors by depth, add gradients or even paint in light and shadow.

Erklaerbar,
Nice work. I like your Alien raiders design.
Mixing the animal-like with a space setting… sweet!

Thanks…but thats Jantims work :o

This is very addictive…I greebeled a frog Froggies.jpg
David

Your froggie gave me new energy for another spaceship, Pride !
I made this in two layers , the burning planet is paintwork, -In ZBrush-i used two radial lights for the spaceship !

black-ship.jpg

jantim

hehe incomin.jpg

Jantim , I did the froggies because of your previous ships. Mabey greebeling
is self perpetuating.Like me you would also have to be a fan of Syd Mead.

David

David…i had to do a search on Syd Mead to know if i "knew"him :smiley: … i understand he is very famous, and i recognized a lot of his images…so i guess i must have liked him !
I’m not that of a spaceshipman and the only mental-images i see thinking spaceships, are these airbrushed ships from Chris Moore and from Voss-if i remember that name correctly- and Moebius !

jantim

Really Really good… I can’t honestly find a reason to be critical of your model and this is less a critique than a tip… There’s nothing in space to interfere with light, so the lighting falloff over the length of the model would be nil and there would be no bounce, lighting would be crisp… But hey, it’s art, drama is everything… Still my choice for number one…

…hope to get some more space-scene’s into this thread !..here’s my zipper-ship:D

its an older render that i gave an overhaul with the 2D brushes, and i added some meteorites, or asteroids? !

jantim

Great One!!!

It’s Asteroids! The other ones are dust and ice and have that nice trail! And now I know what I do tomorrow!!! A space scene!!!
Lemo

Hey,

very nice illustrations - i really like those frogships :>
but i think that most render seem to “cgish” but i guess
thats just the z renderer…

that*s why i really like the smudged render from jantim!
its really cool - like concept art.

Those forms are made with masks?! and then you apply
different deformations?! pls correct me if i am wrong…
i am not into that canvas work

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=32673