ZBrushCentral

Character:: Trarch // Zbrush

Thanks MM, got it.:wink:

Update

![Trarch_WIP21.jpg|440x684](upload://c5nvzTN6TUnwWsDa5Y4VzsCPnmF.jpeg)

here is an update, still need to work on many area as the arms, the hands, the back, the legs, knees … pretty everything actually :lol:

The anatomy is a bit mess up, not very accurate, but i’m working on it !

![trarchwip238hu.jpg|800x950](upload://hY9u6pLR9VHZFWi8vBRYMlEh9BG.jpeg)

Hi guys,

Big decision, i decided to restart from the beginning this dude 'cause i wasn’t happy of the model ! thanks to anyone who give me some critics on the previous one! Here is a new start , hope i 've got something better :?

In addition a little story behind the character ( it’s a compil of what i found on the net ).

" Jorune :small_orange_diamond://:small_orange_diamond: The humans of south-eastern Drail seem to have met a similar fate. Many of these moved deeper into the jungles of Drail and changed into the strange human mutants referred to as “Trach” by ramians, who later came to the area. Only a few iscins accept the theories that these savages could be related to the rest of humanity. These theories suggest that the humans living in southern Drail were changed during the Age of Monster and continued to change due to the effects of the isho-rich and perplexing “burn stones” that still are a central part of trarch culture today.

No written laws exist among the trarch. Social rules apply and might be enforced by a wise man or woman, tribal leaders of even oracles. Some of these rulings might be deducted from moral codes, fragments of shantic wisdom or even shantic carvings, which the trarch believe are constantly changing and hold hidden truths.

Trarch living in the central parts of Drail meet at certain tribal gatherings to discuss injustices and it is a custom for another tribe to be asked to judge over a dispute – as they will not be partial to any of the sides of the dispute. Some trarch rely on physical challenges to prove someone’s innocence, accusation or right to an object (or even spouse). It is also common for trarch to prove their innocence by defeating the accuser in physical combat (rarely to the death).

Trach living among or close to ramian rely on ramian laws or very crude interpretations of these. "

For now , i mostly worked on the torso !

![trarchwip07montagexa3.th.jpg|150x136](upload://na2De8CaRdgXRBItbT2qajo3EUU.jpeg)

here is a new update of the arm, i joined the 4 views to comment easier.
so if something looks wrong don’t hesitate to make a overpainting on one of these view.

![Trarch_wip10_Arm.jpg|800x698](upload://rM0laweUB11LhkoRdTXD52mmsQ8.jpeg)

Some really excellent anatomy developing there.
Great thead this :slight_smile:

Salut, ta décision de repartir à 0 me surprend un peu, enfin bon
Le léger creux marqué par le bas du torax, qui continue le long des côtes, devrait avoir pour point de départ une certaine distance entre le marquage du sternum et l’extrémité inférieure des pectoraux. Je dirait un léger espace de 3 doigts humains environ.
Bien qu’il soit musclé
Autre point, je ne sais pas si le gros volume représente la hanche un bourlet ou un de graisse. S’il s’agit de la hanche ( après réflexion > oui -_-’ ), prolonge la tout en atténuant le volume, vers le creux de l’haine.
J’aime beaucoup la face et l’expression sinon :wink:

Sorry i’m explaining in french, cannot explain exactly how I want in english. I was talking about bones anatomy around the torso.

Sylvain

hey guys, thanks for the comment :slight_smile:

lacrevette: thanks for your critics sylvain, i’ll check that. About the big volume at the level of the hips … it’s the love handle. in french: poignets d’amour !

ok next update, i worked on the hands.

![Trarch_wip11_Torso_Arms_Hands.jpg|800x800](upload://esyn2nHAVeNQbXkzvvHSA0Ovhi1.jpeg)

update

![Trarch_wip12.jpg|1000x705](upload://9aE0tDF3Uz3twU8BzIh4ziwgu9A.jpeg)

Nic,
Wow, this is looking alot better. Well worth the effort.
Thanks for continueing on it an for the PM.
I will keep my eyes peeled on its’ progress.

Keep up the great work!!
~BW

hey thanks MM, glad you like the new version!

here is an update :slight_smile:

![Trarch_wip13.jpg|800x800](upload://e75ypBth6aIqStALiZJDUQHvJAU.jpeg)

Ive been following this thread for a little bit now and i really like where u are going with this. just when i think youve added enough detail, u come back something more. really interesting stuff…keep it up. how long have u been working on this model?

Bones

hi Bonesone4, thanks for visting my thread regularly. Actually for this version ( i restarted from scratch ) i worked btw 1h30 and 2h on each update! so i think i worked on this guy more or less 10h so far.

Very nice model! Did you use any references from classical sculptures? It has a very classical feel to it.

not really, just the concept sketch from Miles Teve! But you know i have some book of trad sculpture and i watch a lot of pic of sculpture on the net.Recently i read a book on Michelange, pretty awesome. Anyway i guess i’m inspired by classical sculpt in a way.

hi guys , here is a new update :slight_smile:

![Trarch_wip14.jpg|800x800](upload://xyXvDfAIn9rjFBa3tubBEKPCbW1.jpeg)

little test of lighting in max with hdri + brazil

![Trarch_wip15.jpg|710x800](upload://dDh9uJcwg6nI1J4qdKXxUJXDzYn.jpeg)

While I can’t fault your work, as this is a really nice fantasy character/sculpt :smiley: I do feel you may be lingering a bit on finishing this. 3 months have passed since your initial post, and although this is the first time i’ve read all the way through this thread, I don’t see any huge difference from the initial model? I have to admit, I have this same bad habit with real world sculpting, I linger, and often overwork a sculpt, simply because I find it hard to distinguish when enough is enough. I think you really need to bring this one to a close mate :wink: Just my opinion of course, perhaps the time frame is the norm for 3D CG modeling, I’m a beginner, so who knows?

hey ncollings,

I think you made nice progress; and sometimes it needs a lot time… even if it´s may be too long for a production, it´s always worth on learning a lot in this. Keep on Zculptin´!

greetings,
xbucket :sunglasses: