ZBrushCentral

Character:: Trarch // Zbrush

I agree. sometimes these things take a while, especially if u are doing it as a personal piece. an artists work will never de done. thats what i say. you could probably come back to this model 5 years from now and decide to do something different with it.

may sound weird but taking your time is the best way of speeding up. Everytime you do a model you take what you did with the last one, you know the areas where you can run through and the areas you must walk or even crawl through.

Whereas the first model you crawl your whole way though.

good progress, looking forward to some more.

-andy

Yeah, I totally agree, I have NEVER finished a painting or sculpture in my life, at least not in my eyes. Artists are never satisfied, and will tweak for evermore! All I’m saying is you have to force yourself to stop at some point.
This model seems to have changed little in the 3 month devolpment, and from an outside interest point of view, it can be a little tedious to see only very tiny developments.

God, I sound like such a mean bastard! :confused:

Really, I cannot fault this model, it’s is a great fantast piece, one I’d love to see coloured/textured and set in some kind of fantasy setting, at least before I die from old age! :laughing: :smiley: Heh

Honestly though, you have a great talent, ncollings :+1: :+1: :+1:

thanks for your comments guys!
Angelstein :small_orange_diamond: first of all , i don’t know if you have noticed but i’ll finish a head in the same time plus i remade this dude from scratch just 2 weeks ago. for information, each update is more or less btw 1h30 and 2h00 so i worked on it maybe 12 hours so far! But anyway you are right i need to move on lol

i have to say that i made a lot of anatomy sketch and i read some book for artists to learn anatomy the best that i can, so i take the time it’s true but i want something good.

Here is a pic to show you better the difference btw the first version and the last one ( i hope it’s looking better right now…)

![testrw7.jpg|800x564](upload://6lDCoka7rupkjl7Cv8k9ZKz5pCf.jpeg)

Oh! :lol:

Now you put them side by side it’s very obvious you redid the model from scratch! Shows how observant I am eh!?

I know somone mentioned this already, so I’m just gonna add that the lump dead centre of each kneecap does looks kinda weird?

Are you going to texture and colour him?

about the kneecap … it’s on the concept .
and yes i’m going to texturing this little guy :wink: but you’ll have to be patient :smiley:

Ever considered doing his Meg Mucklebones concept? :lol:

Anyone for Tennis?

![Meg-Drwng-4-72.jpg|398x568](upload://uCmMz83TfIyJcm3bn10FxDq57pn.jpeg)

Angelstein:small_orange_diamond: yes i do ^^. but never did.

Well, i started to rebuilt an animated mesh in 3dsmax. here is the resultat so far.

Lowpoly

zbrush model

retopology of the sculpt mesh

![Trarch_wip21.jpg|800x899](upload://x7cphzUnezsUHCGrJLOJKATu0vV.jpeg)![trarchwip01lowpolyel3.jpg|491x621](upload://vsBntTyIZ4QissAewHfmyJ3uF6U.jpeg)![trarchwip17kb3.jpg|580x778](upload://4I8owGWxrSSPMHYTVjJPG0EaXTB.jpeg)

Great!!!

Waiting the first animation tests :+1:

thanks man :slight_smile:

here is an update. i rebuilt the hand in polygonal modeling 'cause i didn’t like the hand in the zbrush version so no retopology here for the hand.

![trarchwip22gy8.jpg|800x1000](upload://uR0wcs0HAwW3BlxmQLf0zbCJra3.jpeg)

Hi guys , i finished to do the retopology of my character her is the result. Now i’m ready to finalize the modeling in zbrush.

here is the wireframe.

i have a few questions. For your demoreel character, how many separate map do you make? what size resolution do you choose? And how to deal with all that in zbrush, when you create your bump map for instance?

i’ll be glad to have some help on this , 'cause right know i just finished to unwarp my models and i’d like to start the next step in zbrush asap. But before that, i need to understand how to organize my uvs

hope you know what i mean … thanks for your help !

![Trarch_wip29.jpg|483x652](upload://aarjhl4AODufYJ2dobgN6XvOVSM.jpeg)![2006037685038714082_rs.jpg|409x615](upload://8HN6GF5FSEUhUTsL7oMCLrTqDCf.jpeg)![trarchwip31to5.jpg|800x480](upload://hY9pbvJMeIgoqeGNqIIJK9Et9zr.jpeg)

hey man, very nice model. i like the overall anatomy.
one small crit for now, the fingers look too skiny compared to over all proportions of his body. the previous hand looked a little better. this one needs to be a little more neanderthal i think. bigger knuckles and fatter fingers may be.
also, i think the eyes could be little smaller and a bit squinty.
take a look at this image from Mr. Miles’s gallery for closer ref:

i have a few questions. For your demoreel character, how many separate map do you make? what size resolution do you choose? And how to deal with all that in zbrush, when you create your bump map for instance?
i would suggest at least painting each map at 4K resolution.
how many maps you need depends on the type of shader you finally use. for your demo i think you can export a semi-high level subd mesh from zbrush to the 3d app you use to render and use the high frequency details as a bump map.Trarch-72.jpg

This is looking great, nice and clean topology!

Looking good :wink:

Lots of reworking and tweaks I can see. I actaully like the reworking of hands. They look much more lifelike/accurate, even if they aren’t as stubby looking as the ones in the original sketch.

thank you for your comments guys!

fx81 : i’m agree with you about the hand, i’ll fix that in the next update.

Aboutthe map, if i have for exemple 4 differents map, should i export each part of the model separately?

Update – Normal Map on the character + on the “Arme”

![Trarch_wip38.jpg|540x800](upload://ijovb4Q75Lb7E4RPuwjpRqCBzRW.jpeg)

Verry nice Ncollings, no crit there I just like it :wink: The shape are quiete real verry good job :wink:

thanks dude :wink:

ok here is an update, i created the bump map for all the character + i worked on some textures. Hope you like it so far …

![Trarch_wip48.jpg|476x800](upload://qhqOI3uWrlQNYq1u95swlVOuHzJ.jpeg)

close-up

![Trarch_wip49.jpg|568x479](upload://h8Tnkf3rn4r8yBJKvQjo6gRg3Fr.jpeg)