ZBrushCentral

Character:: Trarch // Zbrush

very nice!

keep going :+1:

Prayer: it’s exactly what i did, don’t you see the sss …
Drummer: thank you man !

here is the very final image. Now i’m back on Trarch !!!

HIGHRES => http://sillord.free.fr/wp-content/Demon_Vampire_highres.jpgDemon_Vampire_lowres.jpg

Beautiful work! Superb job on the ears as well as the general essence of the charactor. As a note; I am a pal and colleague of Miles’ and respect his work deeply, so I support your appreciation of his work, and I respect yours.

I am very new to Zbrush, just one week, and have become addicted to it, but have so much to learn. I started this model with a zsphere primative, and it still is, if I am correct, and have just been playing around. I would like to finish it, but could use a few questions answered. I probably should just start another one, but like the charactor. I think I need to convert it into a polymesh to continue to divide it, but I don’t know how, and I don’t see the part of the Geometry interface shown in the tutorials I have read and watched, to do this?
Can you please help a lowly beginner with this? (See attached photo)

Much respect to your work and good choice of subjects! I will probably change the ears a bit, as I see that thy have been done allready, and quite nicely by you. Cudos! And thumbs up!!!
Regards,
~BW

To, ncollings vbmenu_register(“postmenu_283168”, true);
Hello again,
Have attached the photo, twice, but don’t see it?

Ooops! The file was too big, here it is now… I hope.
Would deeply appreciate your tips on my question above.
Humbly…
Regards,
~BW
aka Mr.Monster

![GrouchyManBigEars1.jpg|733x550](upload://rfpHjY7woXPjFmQx5PxMS8COAmb.jpeg)

hi Mr.Monster, Miles is one of my fav concept artist.
i sent him a email to have his authorisation to use some of these concept and he accepted. i’ll be glad if you can inform him about this thread, i’d love to know what he thinks about what i did. As a friend could you ask him :slight_smile: .

About your question,

if you just want to increase resolution you should just up the division in the adapative skin setting.

if you want to convert your zsphere mesh in polymesh. for that you have to click on the button Make polymesh 3d in the tools menu. After that you have to exit of the edit mode of your zsphere model and pick up the polymesh one.
here is a printscreen to illustrate what i’m saying.

Hope this helphelpok021gy.jpghelpok8zb.jpg

Ok well, BACK ON TRARCH :smiley:

here is where i am right now! something bother me in the general gesture. Don’t know what, i think it’s in the level of the hips …

Comments are most welcome :wink:Trarch_WIP17.jpg

NC,

Thanks for the tips. Really apprecaite the extra effort on your part.
Didnt realise I’d posted the question to you here in the forum, oops, my bad! Will send private message next time. As per your request I’ll take a look at it, and get back via private message.
Cheers, and thanks again!
~MM
PS.
Very good start

Trarch looking almost as funny as the demon hee hee :smiley:

Great modelling I have a little crits.
I think his body is a little too human for the face, could be more caricature like.
Also the front view of his feet could be a little wider imo.

Just 2 cents, impressive any case imho

Spin99: the concept was also done by Miles Teves !
here is the concept

i realize that i need to work a lot on the overall gesture and proportion !Trarch2-72.jpg

here is in camera view inside 3dsmax

![Trarch_WIP18.jpg|440x684](upload://pc613JCkbjyPQqjjOWK0tBNveE4.jpeg)

Very cool interpretations and modeling ncollings :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Going back to your render - post: #23
The little guys ears really have a coral-like translucent beauty to them - nice work :slight_smile:

Chris

Hi, ncollings!
Your TRARCH looks great.
Like you said, there is something bothering about the general gesture. From the side view, I kinda feel that the upper body of the character is too straight… little stiff I guess. However, if you’re planning to rig the character, you can always tweak the gesture later, so… All I have to say is that GREAT START!
I’m really looking forward to see how you’ll pull off the body hair, too.

Anatomy Study

thanks man, you re probably right, about the hair, i guest i ’ ll use hair and fur but it’s for later

hey Atwooki, thanks a lot my friend, Glad you like it !
I still need to work on so many area , hope the finish will be top row lol :wink:
i work hard on this one, with book anatomy, zpetroc dvd etc… i aslo made some drawing beside 3d to learn more in depth anatomy. that’s doesn’t appear on the model yet but keep working on !

[font=Verdana’,'sans-serif]Hey amigo!
I did some Photoshop paintovers as you requested, but then it struck me… I’d done work on a character for a film that eventually turned into another film.

Long story short, I was working with Miles, and from a sketch of his on a character that’s very “similar” to Trarch. At least enough so that Miles also brought in that original early Trarch sketch upon which your model is based for me to refer to. (This is that story I told you about our mutual, “weird ears passion”) The ears are different, and there are also horns, but, it still retains some similar qualities through the muzzle area, and general anatomy.

I also had to translate how the neck/shoulder areas related to each other, so I am including photos that may help with this.

Hope this may help and I will try to attach them as thumbnails, and hopefully they won’t detract from the primary focus of this thread.

Hope their useful in gaining some small insight into the, dare I say, the “Miles Teves" way of thinking.[font=Calibri]

Cheers, and a special thanks again for your earlier posted help, all your continued support.
~MM

~MM![BrianWadeTPDTrarchVariation1.jpg|750x970](upload://unm9kpSzQJQmbSNfPtmlhNIPqr0.jpeg)![BrianWadeTPDTrarchVariation2.jpg|899x615](upload://sSO0ldz4SAvyPnEyFIgHcY2Ls9l.jpeg)![BrianWadeTPDTrarchVariation3.jpg|603x798](upload://nXhd46ugt8d4ytO9EfQmPZ10HDG.jpeg)

Sorry NC!
Don’t know why thease are not thumbnails!!! Arg!
What did I do wrong this time???
~MM

Hey Brian its nice to see you here. Ive been a big fan of your work for a long time, also being a sculptor from the makeup FX scene myself. Are you doing 3D now as well? Would love to see you on Z brush! Do you have a website?

ncollings, your creature is looking cool!

Jamie

Will post you a private message. Thanks for the kind words. How did I mess up the thumbnail-thingy? Egads!
~MM

hey MM, thanks a lot , this additionnal references are really helpfull thank you.
i really dig this one with the horns and cool ears too

avatarsw: thanks man glad you like it.