ZBrushCentral

Brett's Sketchbook

Well done again Brett!!! :+1: :smiley:

Did I tell ever tell you that I hate you:angry: well not really… I think this model is awesome…Although I’m not that great of a zbrusher I think one critique I would note is on the chest… Its wide and and seems more too cut, compared to how the rest of his overall shape is (like the shoulder,back and neck)…Like from the back he looks great and when you turn the model around, the front seems off a little…and I think its just the chest thats throwing me a little…

But, what do you think?

Oh, With his full uniform he looks awesome similar to the capcom vs marvel type Ryu…love the face and accessories (belt, headband, gloves,etc.)

great stuff

Love it!:smiley:

I know this thread hasn’t been updated but I have a newbie question
For Brett

When you say box model doodle, What do you mean exactly??

you doodled this whole body and head (of Ryu) in zbrush from a simple box and lastly retopped the whole thing? or do you mean something different?

thats crazy insance work if you sculpted this thing completely from a box. but I don’t doubt that its possible but its seems like it would be extremely task consuming…

Do you have any pics of how this model started out??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was beaten to the punch! Durnit!

Great work though.

Not sure if this was already answered but how did you make camy’s hair again.

Hello. Thanks for the replies.

Skelton2000: Thanks!

selahpoetic: Yes I think your right. I created it from a basic box model. As a doodle. From there I decided to make it ryu. I feel that this way I get to “sketch” in zbrush what i like. Except this time I had no idea, it just turned out to be ryu. After I retopologised most of what I sketched in zbrush I exported the retopoligised model into maya and added the arms. From there I resculpted. I’m not very good at all the zbrush functions, If someone can tell me a faster approach to working this way that would be awesome! Next time I’ll try project all.

Gumpshmee: HAHA. No worries. loads of people have done ryu as well. His pretty common.

Pr0ject: Cammy’s hair was built in maya. I cheated. Ryan Kingslin did a neat tut on how to do this in zbrush. Check out his blog page.RyuWipProcess.jpg

Attachments

RyuWipProcess.jpg

If you wanted to stay in Zbrush you could have hidden all of the model except for the arm stumps, moved the stumps to where the hands would be and hit edge loop a couple of times in the geometry roll out. That would have given you some pretty messy topology unless you had retopoed with taking this step in mind.

Now that I think about it there may be another way… I’ll just test it right now…

Yep it works:

So what you’d do is make your arms as a seperate doodle, make sure they are at the same subdiv level and use insert mesh (also in the Geometry rollout) to combine them with your torso. Then you can retopo across the two objects to bridge them together. Perhaps this has been done before, but I’m really proud of myself for thinking of it.

And what I meant by beaten to the punch is that I was working on a model of Alex that got corrupted so I dropped the project for a while, but I was intending to do my favorite streetfighter characters, one of which was Cammy. I’ll still get around to doing it sooner or later, probably when I have more RAM to play with.

By all means go right ahead, I think you’re doing some pretty awesome work.OMG it works.jpg

killer… thats crazy that you did that from that box base…cool sculpitng skills man…

and Thanks for the explanation…much appreciated

Man I’m just so amazed at how many different ways one can get there ideas meshed out in zbrush

so thanks again Brett…keep it up

Gumpshmee: Haha. Excellent man! I got give that a bash some time. Just think how cool it is to just add extra limbs as you please! Well done!

selahpoetic: Haha. Thanks. Glad I could show you this. Hope it helps.

nice work brett, looking really good, nice anatomy, the retopoly is very clean.
nice to see your work progress.

Hello…

threetails: Thanks man. Have you done any character stuff lately? Been awhile since I’ve seen your work around here

Here’s another monster I’m working on. also created from a basic box model. I did a basic sketch on paper and decided to explore the design in zbrush. Its a lot more fun :D. Hope you like it so far… Its still a wip.

CheersseaManster.jpg

Attachments

seaManster.jpg

Sweet. I love the flow. Only crit is that the bottom of the shell looks a bit unfinished from the back.

Haha. thanks! Ye its still wip…

cool character i like the torso design and details … keep it up

very nice brett.:slight_smile:

Wow, this is sepremely nice design… Love it! :+1: :+1:

Yes, a very nicely designed creature!

I likes it alots. Nice play on the anatomy and cool general concept. Keep it coming! :smiley:

nice work brett. i like the last model. you should enter him in the dominance war :slight_smile: