ZBrushCentral

Brett's Sketchbook

Nice concept, i like the change in scale of the lower arms its in keeping with crustation style underbelly of a lobster. it will be nice to see it taken to completion.
I’m busy at work, using ZB3 every day, but none of the work can be released as of yet. As well as setting up our new design and 3d asset creation dept to offer 3d printing and full size cnc replica’s of artist works and design concepts, its been a busy year up to now, but i’m getting to the place were i can get back to some of my own models.

the rest of your thread looks great, its cool to see your work evolve.
i should probably start a new thread for this year, the sketch book idea has caught on mabye i’ll do that.

Hey Brett.
This one pulled me in I had to comment.
I think this is one of the most original sculpts I’ve seen in a long time.
Keep it up!
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

Pretty darn cool so far! Elegant, actually. Nice work!

nice models!!! i love the box model/ retopologize technique im still getting used to it myself, but ide hafta say that its the most efficient way of modeling. not to mention that its by far the coolest artform ever invented … why paint a painting when u have zbrushs retopologize… lol. no one shud take offense to this, its jus 1 persons opinion. its like sketching and doodling in a notebook taken to the next level, and to most people the concepts in zbrush are totally incomprehensible

Love the lobster man.

Very Cool Creature Dude! :+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

I like your seamanster. Schweet.

hey brett!

great work on the seamonster.
one small crit/suggestion. i think the horns would look better if they where flattened out, like “hard” fins or so.

-r

Wow :grimacing:. Hello everyone :smiley:

nightwoodwolf: thank you!

rodion vlasov: thanks!

SolidSnakexxx: I’m really glad you like the design. Thank you.

KrakenCMT: Thanks for the compliment :smiley:
j lizzle Thank you! I’m trying. Honest!

OrgoneGhost: Dominance war? Hmmm. I’m hoping to do bigger things wih this
guy :smiley:

threetails: Thanks dude. I can’t wait to see what you’ve been doing. Hurry up already! Haha.

voodoomonkey: Wow. Thank you sir. Your compliment means a lot to me. I love your work!

Neville: Thank you very much!

konjo kothar vignar: Exactly! This offers the most freedom for me in exploring the design. A simple cage of an idea you have and off you go…

Gumpshmee: Hehe. Thanks.

piz: Always good to see you in here. Thanks.

streetsy: haha. Thanks.

abyss103: Hey thats not a bad idea. Maybe make it his breathing organs or something?

Here’s a little transpose fun with ryu. Hope you like it.

Cheers.RyuPosed.jpg

Attachments

RyuPosed.jpg

I like the pose, very dynamic. Also he has a cool expression.
His arms look a bit weird though.

Anyways great work.

Haha. Think your right. They got a bit screwey in the transpose process.

yeah! that would be cool. either that or something like a dragon-fish (think it’s called that in english aswell).

-r

Actually i disagree about the pose. Right now he looks kind of lazy, like he’s doing it bored. OVerall looks like he’s doing it too gently. Needs more intensity both in the body pose and the expression. Try acting it out in front of a mirror or something, might help.

Anyway i know this is still in progress, just thought i’d say it at this early point. :+1:

Ye i think your right. Maybe raise up the arms more or move the elbows out from his body. Especially the left one. Right now there’s no intense feeling at all. Thanks for the crit. :+1:

Raw class with pure tallent. The first female character has a great pose, very well dne. Your anatomy and edge flow looks perfect, please tell me it took you 10 years to get this level?

Top row I feel coming from this thread. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

hi Brett

Do you live in South Africa. if so please could you send your CV to me at benjamin@dbcc.co.za

Thanks

Update on the pose. Re did the top… May change his expression too. Eventually :roll_eyes: Work has kept me away from the fun stuff. Haha.

Crits welcomed.

tez: Thanks for the comment. Its my 5th year doing 3d and my 2nd year using zbrush :D. I haven’t looked back since I bought my copy.

bcarrancho: Yup. live in south africa.RyuPosed2.jpg

Very nice job Brett! :smiley:
Only one thing: I’m not sure for the deformation of his left foot…
Expecially in the left render…

Anyway really cool model! :+1: :sunglasses:

Ciao!

P.S.
Excuse me for the ugly English… :roll_eyes:

Hey piz thanks for always replying :smiley: .

cheers for the crit. yup. feet are also wip. workin on this stuff in free time never allows me to cover everything.

Your english is waaaay better than my italian, anyday :smiley:

Ciao :wink:

Looking good so far, but the pose bothers me a bit. I would dip his shoulders further and bring his left elbow up even higher. just have him crouching a little bit and not turn his torso too much. Keep the twist, but it just seems a little too exaggerated. if my memory serves me correctly i believe he shoots that energy ball closer from the hip and not from the shoulder. Which would make more sense cause in martial arts class they teach you the basic punch from the hip.

also, for the correct fighting stance, the right leg should be bent and not fully extended with the knee facing the viewer. You could even lower his hips a bit cause right now it looks his center of gravity is way off.

The head seems a little small on him as well.

I know your model will come out looking great. Keep it up!!!