ZBrushCentral

BlueThousand Sketchbook

mrjoe94- Thanks bud! I’ve got a hefty processor and had to recently switch to a 64-bit OS to make use of another gig of RAM, of which ZB eats like candy.

adio38-Usually for my work flow I work on one subdivision at a time, putting in as much detail as I can on each subtool at a time. When I find that things are getting too jagged from a lack of poly’s I’ll boost the subdivision another level and work over the entire subtool again. It’s a tedious process but it gives the best definition of forms if you ask me. For this model I knew from the start that the hands wouldn’t be seen… then again that didn’t stop me from detailing his forearms under those bands either… I dunno. Maybe I just subconsciously hate modeling hands.

Eiad- Thanks!

SolidSnakexxx- Glad you like them, even the somewhat poorly done early models!

mestophales- Thank you, I’ll try and work

edit: for some reason my post got cut off…

“Thank you, I’ll try and work hard to get the model done in a timely manner!”

So here’s the glamor shot and turnaround of my latest model Lazerus.
No real challenges or thresholds broken with this model, I’ve just been trying to get better at making demons I guess.
Hope you like it, take it easy.
2.jpg
Also threw in a closer look of the axe for good measure.

Attachments

1.jpg

3.jpg

Great! All around fantastic stuff.

I really enjoy the elephant samurai on your first post and Alice.

Holy crap! Amazing work. My only critique would be that the base seems to be a bit small and the smaller rectangular insets in the base don’t seem to match the style of the overall model as there really aren’t any other hardened straight lines anywhere else in there… small matter as the base is not the focal point of the model - but with that being said - I still love it! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !!!

really cool sculpt, me likes:evil:

A W E S O M E !!! I love it !!! Fantastic Character !

fantastic sculpt :D:D:D:D a great detail that you have done

congrats:D

Pretty epic thread you’ve got here, man. I really like the biblical piece you did. Everything looks nice.

Moops- Thanks!
Capa- Thanks and I agree, the base was just something i threw together in a few minutes for presentation, since it’s technically a ‘bust’.
JohnYip- Thanks man.
M0delista- I’m glad you like it!
sephirothsam- First, nice name. Second, thanks :stuck_out_tongue:
dustinbrown- thank you!

Next I plan to do a full fledged character, with a background and everything. Take it easy, all!

Hey everyone. Hope you’re all doing great, and making great things. I wanted to post my most recent sculpt here, and maybe get some feedback on it.

This is Friedrich, and he’s an amphibious treasure hunter! He seeks out riches and adventure on both land and sea, and has an arsenal of tools and weapons to help him along his way :slight_smile:
ZBC1.jpg
[attach=196071]1.jpg[/attach]

Here’s a turnaround of Friedrich. Please comment and critique if you would!
[attach=196072]2.jpg[/attach]

Thanks guys, and if you need a closer look at anything please let me know, there’s a lot of ‘stuff’ on this guy that can’t really be seen because close-ups would cut off his fishing pole and/or spear. Keep on keepin’ on!

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

siiick!

woe!

this last guy is certainly my favourite,
would appreciate some close-ups of his gear: fishingpole, necklaces etc.
thanks mate, great job :+1:

looking real good, I like it.

excellent sketchbook…

how’s your job hunt? I saw your resume on your website and it’s just not fair for an artist like you to post those work experience…

probably won’t take long to land a job in a good gaming company tho, good luck with your future!

Not just fantastic sculpts but really interesting subjects. Your blessed with a whole heep of bubbling artistic magic.

absolutely love that frog. one little thing though: his tongue doesn’t really naturally come across as his tongue to me. probably because it’s so far out there in the corner of his mouth.

wow that last one looks really great too, love the pose, character.

You deserve a job in this line! Seriously did you apply for any? Great attitude in your Friedrich.

great character and sculpt:+1: