ZBrushCentral

BlueThousand Sketchbook

Really nice Alice sculpt! Very well done! :slight_smile:

Awesome Alice man !

Major props! I’m really digging this thread! I hope you continue to post here!

Alice… what a babe! Who knew?!

Effing Awesome! I really enjoy these. The horse and rider is rad. Great job on everything, very high quality. Do you plan on textureing these?

Great take on an old classic! :+1:

Wow, very nice! Well done!

Nice rider and your Alice is beautiful. Great work:+1:

…why the Hatter was mad! :lol:
Have fun modeling! :cool:

Great sculpt:+1:

Ummmm, Alice is kissing some guy on the “knob”. Can you guess where in that sentence I am laughing… :stuck_out_tongue:

Paul from Mix Mash

really cool last piece. keep it up buddy :wink:

I think the Alice sculpt should have been called Alice in Wonder Bra judging from her proportions.

Thank you all for the comments. All the female models I had done before this one were fairly modest, and I felt like creating something with comic book-girl proportions for once. If anyone cares, I used 3Ds max for all the base meshes, and zbrush for all detailing. As to the question of whether I’m ever going to texture these… I feel that a lot of the models I see on here sometimes lose a great deal of appeal when they get textured as opposed to how they looked in their original sculpt. I think you need a real talent for texturing, and right now my skill at texturing would only take away from these pieces. But someday, yes, I will texture them. Just gimme some time to beef up on that skill :smiley:

Take it easy.

High Blue Thousand…:slight_smile:
You know, I visted and went through your sketchbook awhile back…put it in my inspiration favorites folder in fact, .but I don’t think that I ever commented in it…So here is my comment…AWSESOME…Works and Sketchbook…:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: …Very inspired, and very much inspiring…to me anyway…:slight_smile:
Also wanted to thank you for the visit,suggestions and words of encoragement in my new Z Brush Central Sketchbook…THANK YOU…Very Much Apreceated…:slight_smile:
TAKE CARE, and KEEP INSPIRED and INSPIRING…:+1:
Glenn

A WIP of my next model. I’m planning on giving him some pretty heavy gauntlets, so please forgive my laziness with his hands, i might even cut them off just to spare my machine the extra hundred thousand poly’s.

Hope you like it, Later!

Wow he looks amazing :smiley: and maybe you should spare your PC :P. All of you guys must have NASA-grade PC’s to do this stuff.

Not really NASA quality, but it helps to have a machine that you can really push. BlueThousand, just a question about your work flow, I notice your hands are not touched at all, do you work on certain parts building that part up a lot, then go around and catch the others up to that point? if that makes any sense. For example, one in awhile if I am working on a character I will poly group sections, subdivide up a few times and then I will hide parts of my mesh. Say if I want to work on the head. I will then go from highest to lowest getting the head worked out, and then once I get that up to the subdivision I went up to I will then work on the rest of the body to bring it to the level that the head is. I was just curious if that is what you do.

Very inspiring. Great job :wink:

Wow this is a very cool thread… Love all the works here

Very very nice - I am looking forward to seeing the final peice