ZBrushCentral

BlueThousand Sketchbook

Cool character, nice idea and dynamic pose.

http://simongrell.co.uk/

Very nice work. I like how he is posed. Will you be texturing him?

Just dropping by to say…Still really enjoying your works…:+1: :slight_smile:
That frog character is great…Put a smile on my face…Thanks for that…:slight_smile:
CHEERS :+1:

Thank you all for your comments, It really does mean a lot to get praise from peers. My weakness here as an artist is that while I have some talent in sculpting, it’s the other areas of 3D character creation that I’m lacking in. I’m going back to school soon to get a much better grasp of these final elements, and also placing myself on the west coast of the U.S. where all the bigwigs are so that I can hopefully make some connections.

Julian_K: Thanks for the tip man… his tongue’s been bothering the crap out of me… I’ll give what you said a try!

Take it easy everyone. Cash checks, break necks.

yeah, the placement of that tongue is tricky, but crucial :slight_smile:
which exactly is the area you are lacking? just the tech stuff like creating real-time assets for example?

Amazing! The Friedrich sculpt is filled with great detail. Love it! :+1: :+1:

Frog is Fantastic. Refreshing content and great emotive qualities!!
Congrats!

good thread. nice work

Cool character! Friedrich looks like he was a fun character to make. I like the objects and charms and other details. Maybe you could add more treasures on him from his adventures? Are you going to paint Friedrich?

Julian_K: Basically I really need to return to the basics of texturing, and ripping out maps. Sculpting is cool and all but if I don’t get better at transferring all this hi-res detail into an interactive model. I know that I ‘can’ do it… but I want to be able to do it phenomenally.

it’s not that big of a deal meanwhile. there are more helpful tools around than ever and now even Zbrush has a uv mapping function which is actually not that bad.
btw for basic mesh modeling I can highly recommend silo, which is also quite useful when it comes to retopo work.

but where exactly in the tranfser process are you facing problems?

It’s just my overwhelming lethargy coming into play when it comes to creating interactive models, and even texturing. I have so much fun modeling, and then think of unwrapping and texturing, lighting and rendering… just holds no appeal to me… But it’s something I need to power through i suppose. I know ‘how’ to do all those… I just can’t do those as well or as efficiently as I can model/sculpt.

I use 3ds Max as my basemesh program.

well, there is no doubt that sculpting is more fun than unwrapping :wink: you should give silo a shot. I’m also a Max user ( rigging, rendering etc) but ever since I got into silo I do only very little low poly modeling in Max. Silo is light and slim and really fun to use. especially selection works great in silo. Max used to drive me nuts at times by always selecting exactly the vertex I did not want to select.

I assume that it’s a lizard or salamander because it has a tail, but it’s face looks more frog like. Cool though…

great character man!

Awesomeness!!

Wonderful frog character mate, superb! :wink:

hophoh man i love your work!! excelent models …and composites!!!
congrats!!!

I love where you’re going with this. A few comments.

I can’t tell if it’s a frog or a lizard. I really want him to be a frog, and in order drive that home I would nix the long tail and make his hands more frogish like his feet. And as mentioned the tongue needs work. I think it’s the length of the tongue that’s making it so unruly. Try shortening it so just a bit of it is sticking out. Also, I feel you should make the plants much larger so they are more true to scale compared to a small creature. Maybe he’s perched on his stick to see over the plants.

Very well done, looking forward to seeing more from you.

I like the character design and the pose~good job~:D