ZBrushCentral

After work sketchbook - SR (nudity)

Fisherman update - enjoy :slight_smile:

sr_zb_wip_stuff_fish5.jpg

some more upadtes to the crab. I have been working on a new material for him.

Enjoy and comment if you have a moment :slight_smile:

sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab010.jpg

Attachments

sr_zb_wip_stuff_crab011.jpg

Ok finally started some test passes on this guy. Oh and not to forget the basic texture work has been started. Itā€™s all pretty simple at the moment, the texturing. Also I know I still have work to do on the render it really needs work in certain areas and there is no sss on yetā€¦ so be kind :smiley:

Anyway anyone with some advice I would be very grateful.

OH and the hair will NOT be sculpted in the end. It will be hair done in maya.

sr_zb_wip_stuff_fish9.jpg

Cool work, dude :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi scottleroc, thank you so much for the nice comments on my scketchbook.
You know, Iā€™ve been following this thread from day one. I think youā€™ve got some great sculptinā€™ goinā€™ on here!
To bad I canā€™t give you any advice on the sculpts: to new at Zbrush, didnā€™t do any polypainting yetā€¦ .

See yaā€™! :+1: !

My sketchbook: Etcher_Sketcher

Etcher - I have to say that is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever written to me over the internet.

After working really hard to prepare this latest piece and not hearing anything from anyone I was pretty much ready to give up with this sketchbook. After your message I now know that at least one person is interested in my progress.

You donā€™t know how much you have helped me with your comment. Many thanks.

If you ever need any advice please just ask and I will try and help :smiley:

finally getting somewhere with the style I am looking for

Much nicer and moodier than before. The skin was far to reflective before and I flipped it.

Ok so the key light is set now for the sidelight and backlight, although I kinda like the high contrast single key light.

Just need to get the ā€˜realā€™ hair in :smiley:

sr_zb_wip_stuff_fish10.jpg

Am I glad I posted that reply this morningā€¦ . I think that, when posting at ZBrush Central, we really need to take some things in stride: the community has over 140.000 members. So many talented artists, so many beautiful and interesting works on display, it is hard to keep up with the constant flow of new posts and updates. I think itā€™s nearly impossible to post replies to all those threads. Just look at how many views some threads generate- as opposed to how few replies they getā€¦ that should tell us something (for me, itā€™s easy and fast to view images, writing is something else: I need to translate from Dutch to English first and, on top of that Iā€™m a slow typistā€¦).

So, keep posting cause people are viewing and appreciating your works, but they share our same problem: thereā€™s only 24 hours in a dayā€¦!

The update you posted is looking better. I think that the hair update will enhance it further. In my opinion, the forehead is a bit to smooth right now, lacking some fine pore and wrinkle texture, and the glasses would best be modeled with hard edges in your external modeler (they look a bit to rubbery now)

See ya ! :+1: !

My sketchbook: Etcher_Sketcher

well said etcher ā€¦:smiley:
i agreeā€¦
nice work ā€¦

i would like to see a little more saturation for the colours in the textureā€¦
would give the render a little more depth
keep it going

Been really busy recently.

Totally reshaped this guys head and roughed out his clothes

hope you like this wip screen

fishmonger_023.jpg

The last one looks a lot better, I like it :slight_smile:

Nice work. He looks like Raul Castro at the last image.

Hi Scott! Awesome update man - I was waiting for this for some time! Love the hairs, love the cap! Glasses look great too! Like I said man: keep goinā€™ - seeing improvements like this brings a smile to my face :slight_smile: !

Santis - thanks man

Sonceng - you are so right although I didnā€™t base it on Raul Castro :smiley:

Etcher - you know you are just an all round nice person. If it wasnā€™t for you I would have given up posting on here. So I thank you very very much for your support. I have also recently been through you (HUGE) thread and I see some very nice work coming on there. Looks to me like a top shelf is just round the corner for you.

You also have the painted version of the freedom to teach model. I have the unpainted one, so jealous :smiley:

Good Sculpt ! liked the detailing on face.

just one query, what technique you use , to get single hair strand for Hairs and bushy eyebrow.

wow. that hair looks greatā€¦ ĀæHow did you do it??? :eek:

KishKish & ISK - curve nurbs in Maya, lots of them. The converted to polys and imported into ZB. Hair is a pain. I have read so many tutorials but sort of perfected my own way. The good thing about having hair as polys in Zb is the abilty to style them using the move tool.

I tried many other methods in maya, including dynamics but I settled on this approach. Thank you for you nice comments and I hope that helps :smiley:

I have just started tweaking the hi detail mesh now and I have started on the polypainting. Hope you like.

fishmonger_026.jpg

Scott, yesterday you put a smile on my face. But today, man, you but a big smile on my face!!! The polypaint is so well done!!! Even though you are striving to finish this sculpt, you should take a moment to enjoy the satisfaction of having made such progress. In the next few weeks, you should walk around with a smile on your face! :+1: ! So, keep goinā€™! :laughing: .

Thanks for sharing your hair technique.
Poly paint is looking really neat, eagerly looking forward with skin shader.

smells like top row work hereā€¦ :+1: