ZBrushCentral

After work sketchbook - SR (nudity)

Hey Scott, this is getting better and better. I like the Polypainting. I think this will be a really nice piece once finished. Will definetly keep an eye on this one :slight_smile:

ISK-86 - very kind but I think I have a long way to go before that happens :smiley:

StefanH - You a star, thanks for the nice comment

Here is a new WIP it is Terry O’quinn from lost. I know ‘not again’ I hear you say but I had the base model kicking around for a while so I thought I would clean it up.

Anyway here it after a night of work with a LOOOOOOOOONG way to still go.
terry_o_quinn_small.jpg

Attachments

terry_o_quinn_010.jpg

i liked the features you got on the model. It is coming out good. Have you used any reference.

Hey KishKish
Thanks for your reply, nice of you. I used alot of reference and I have the dvd of Lost which I watched. I am not saying it is perfect because I have not modelled Terry O over side and front template pics because I couldn’t find an exact front and side photo of him.

Maybe if he is reading this post he could email me some :smiley:

Great work in this thread! The crab is absolutely amazing! What a great coloring!
I also love the old man. You did a great job on him and your new project looks also very promising!

Thank you Moni-Poroni that’s a really nice comment :slight_smile:

I didn’t think people really liked the crab so now I might go back and have a look at that one again.

yet another update guys. comment please everyone, thank you.

terry_o_quinn_014_sm.jpg

Attachments

terry_o_quinn_014.jpg

Getting better and better :slight_smile:

did a little overpaint for you, there you go.

Keep up the good work

Cheers, Stefan

[attach=137706]locke_overpaint.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

locke_overpaint.jpg

hey man dropped by to see what your working on:) . You have some awesome sketches going on in here. I think that crab is looking amazing. Excelllent work on the textures. The Locke character is looking pretty good also, cant wait to see that when its finished, he is my favorite character of the show.:+1:

Hey Guys sorry I haven’t got back to you, been busy working on some other bits.

Stefan - I wish more people could do what you have done. This is the most helpful c +c I have ever had on a forum.

I always lose interest in a piece if comments are low in numbers on ZBC. I feel that if people haven’t commented a piece is just not good enough so I tend to give up.

Vsions - I am really happy you like the crab again if people don’t seem interested I feel something is not worth continuing, usually, but I might now carry on with the crab because a couple of people have said they like it. So thank you for encouraging me to open this piece up. Look out for updates soon :slight_smile:

Please keep the comments coming people they are not only encouraging but they serve to help improve the quality of work I produce.

Good work :+1:

Hey Scott, nice sculpt man! StefanH’s definitely givin’ you some great feedback! Really lookin’ forward to the progress on this one! :+1: !

finally got around to putting the chinese fishmonger into maya and doing a test render or 2. Etcher I hope you like it, well I hope you all like it. There are many improvements I could make but I am sure you will all point those out for me :smiley:

Enjoy!

[final_version_40_thumb.jpg]final_version_41.jpg

Looking good! I like your approach to a lot of stuff in this image. A lot of the macro level work could be considered done at this point and now it’s all about tweaking thigns here and there.

A crit would be to give more inflation to some of the areas of wrinklage so it feels more like loose skin rather than the tightness of the face that’s going on now.

nice work, I also think you should use the inflate brush a little bit. I think forehead wrinkles also need a little more refining. Also the part of the cheek that connects to the ear seems to be too wrinkly. I could be wrong but that sits over cartilage and I dont think has so much severe wrinkling. Maybe consider painting in some ambient occlusion here and there as well. Like maybe under the eyebrow hairs and where the head meets the hat and shirt meets the neck and stuff. Nice work:)

Overall feel is coming out good. nice work.
Need to look on Wrinkles, As some of the wrinkles gives appearance of Rubber fold (especially at the corner of the mouth, front of lower lips). Just need to tweak to give an organic feel. As mentioned by Sandpiper and Vsions.

Hey Scott. Really like your latest update. This guy has a lot of character.

I agree with what has been said so far and would like to add that the neck is looking quite blurry to me. If its like that in the ref probably hide it in some more shadows.

Generally the skin still feels a bit waxy and a bit desaturated. The cap is having too much focus IMO. Looks really dirty but no visible dirt splotches.

Here’s my overpaint.

Keep up the great work

[attach=139893]fisherman_overpaint.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

fisherman_overpaint.jpg

nice one dude:+1: 
keep going:)

Hi Scott! Updates are great (again, so jealous of the polypaint! :smiley: ). I think you’re gettin’ some great feedback/help from Sandpiper, Vsions, KishKish and StefanH! I think you will need to experiment a bit with the shadows (eyebrows look a bit “glued-on”, head catches next to no shadow where the cap touches it) and maybe do a little overpaint on the eyebrows/hairs to refine them a bit. Lookin’ forward to the update cause you’re gettin’ really close with this one :+1: !

Wow you guys that is an amazing amount of feeback you have given me.

Sandpiper, Vsions and KishKish, thank you all. You basically have made me want to run home and make these changes.

Stephan H - once again my friend you have helped out big time with your paint overs.

Etcher - This piece is dedicated to you anyway because I would have trashed this thread along time ago if you hadn’t told me to get on with it. So I am, once again thanks for you support, I mean everyone on ZBC. I promise I will do my best to nail this image.

S