ZBrushCentral

After work sketchbook - SR (nudity)

Maxinkuk - love ya man but :smiley:

I did overlay a texture in photoshop so its not just a ZB render

Those who remember me from my ‘very well known computer game title with an adventurer in that for legal reasons I can’t mention but will let you work it out’ days at Core will remember this concept. It was an idea for the end of game boss. A massive 50m egg sack that would explode once the ‘adventurer type character who is extremely well know for large assets’ reached the top of the room triggering the birth of a huge Boss creature. Unfortunatly, for legal reason I can’t explain, it was never used :smiley: - they where strange legal times indeed.

Lucky the concept drawings which I have tagged onto the picture where done in my spare time so the idea was mine anyway.

So anyway now I have worked up the concept in zBrush as you can see. It is not housed in it’s room yet and I have included a scale figure so you can get a good idea of size.

Anyway it has been fun spending a day revisting the past and I hope you like it :smiley:

sr_wip_stuff_egg_sack01.jpg

Attachments

sr_wip_stuff_egg_sack02.jpg

sr_wip_stuff_egg_sack03.jpg

aww go on
tell us
tell us please
hang on
snooooooore
snoooooooze

Thanks Pete Minister for that truely well thought out and intelligent comment.
Why would it bother you what I have written. Surely if it’s boring move onto the next post and insult them.

The thing I don’t understand is your comment is a personal attack and I worked very hard to get the jobs I do, just like you I imagine. To have someone insult you when I thought it was an interesting background story is really out of order.

Why can’t you just be like everyone else and look at my thread and comment on the work.

I really like your work btw, prehaps you should fix the link from zbrush because it doesn’t work I had to google Pete Minister to find your site.

Merry Christmas Scott xx

I like this very much. I visited your site and from what I saw “Under the Canopy” was what I liked most.
Keep on posting!

Erik Heyninck- Thank you very much - that was a one hour speed painting and quite a few people seem to really like it :slight_smile:

Mr Minister - you also have a vey good Christmas youself, I have bookmarked your site because I still think your work is right up my street :smiley:

and

A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU ZBRUSHERS OUT THERE

Scott

Another update after a long Christmas break

No one seems that interested in this but I like it. Mainly detal work so it is hard to see I guess - oh well let me know what you all think

nice and very disgusting! it looks like it will explode every second! and it looks like this wouldn’t be pretty
 ^^

Very interesting back story to this piece. I for one would appreciate hearing more. As a fellow game developer, I too know how peculiar the business and various projects can be.

I am torn. I like the concept. It is a cool idea for a character/boss. But, if this concept was for the property I think it is, (and I think it is,) then wow
 I am afraid that I am of the opinion that perhaps it is best that it did not make the cut. But then, I do not understand how some of the content that makes it into that series actually ends up making it into that series.

Anyway, thanks for the post.

Just a little something I did as a study over the weekend

I am currently texturing it and will upload the colour version later

Let me know what you all think, thank you.

sr_zb_converse014.jpg

Attachments

sr_zb_converse012.jpg

Really nice shoes here Did you do the base in ZBrush as well. Impressive texture work here. :slight_smile:

Sweet shoe Scott! :slight_smile:

Goes to show that even something as simple as a shoe, that’s been well executed, can look really good. nice work.

SolidSnakexxx - cheers mate, very kind of you to make those nice comments considering the calibre of your current Action Hero work :D. I modelled the base mesh for the laces and shoe in Maya, using a profile pic of the shoe. It was only about 400 tris so really just the shape and size. I will post the mesh later if you like :smiley:

Vidar - Vidar Vidar Vidar, update your Blog you lazy blogger :D. Seriously dude thanks for the support. I was wondering if you ever swung by the ZB forums but clearly you do :smiley:

mkk316 - Thanks very much again for a nice comment. This model will be used on a full character it’s just the shoe to start with. I really what to do this study again but in an unworn form, at present they are prepared for feet in an upcoming project.

Thanks again for your feedback it is so helpful to helping to improve.

Those are my shoes!
Great sculpt. The fabric grain and those small cuts on the rubber are really bringing it to life. I can almost smell it.

LOL - To be fair I just took mine off and started to model them :smiley:

Converse do smell sometimes, the cure is to buy a few pairs :smiley:

Cheers anyway maxinkuk

alpha pass on the texturing

sr_zb_converse01.jpg

Attachments

sr_zb_converse02.jpg

It looks really good, I’m loving the scuffed up parts in the front with wear and tear in it, the only thing thats not working for me is that the red is too bright and new looking . i would imagine it being worn and faded some. and the strings that go around the top seem a little flat

Very good feedback BillyT I will fix these things over the weekend.

I have only really just started the main canvas part but the rubber sole and front are much further along than the rest.