•••A Sneak-Preview of the next ZBrush-Update•••

Congrats this is so cool .
I was going to buy Silo for their Topology brush, not anymore:D

Its Zopology!

BTW-thats my new faint gif I made if it isnt apparent…lol

Super Cool !!!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Okay I have to say this…
I watched the videos for a second time and my brain kicked in to something other then what was shown. I know, I know, I don’t know what is wrong with me…but I saw something in there that made me think of a bigger picture or just a different picture all together. Now, assuming that these nuclear rigging zsphere are in a sense zsphere that are, well nuclear and used for rigging…lol, Then I wonder:

Can we now, with regular ZSphere modeling, actually link two zspheres together to make a loop so to speak (something we asked about in the past, remember)? Would be wicked!

This new radial symmetry on limbs…for the rigging. I wonder if it might now be possible to not only use radial symmetry on branches when modeling the adaptive mesh (or preview too) but also have these ability recognize the changing of parent branch to child branch and adjust the radial accordingly. That too would be even more awesome!

I am pretty sure that if these question will be asnwered in time. whether it be with another video or with the update release…lol. But it is DEFINATELY something exciting to chew on until then. The update is just plain delicsh nonetheless! That, I guess is maybe a small part of my wish list.

I am just flattened. Absolutely fantastic! Many thanks Pixologic. And the price … It makes ZB the best software investment I have done in years.

Many thanks also to MTB for hosting the videos.

WOW

I don’t believe what you guys at ZB are doing. You are redefining all the current ways of modeling and from the looks of it rigging and bones. Un freaking believable. You guys must be alien or something because this stuff is just so…so…so…unfreaking believable.

Oh one question, is this stuff just rigging and deformation stuff or will there be a way to some how export this stuff into an animation application with all this cool stuff intact so that you can animate in a different application?

hehehe MTB you must be as excited as I am. The more I watch…the more I am freaked out.

the next generation animation oyyyyyyyy I can see where this is going I think although am too dumbfounded now to comprehend it all.

edgelooping can be done away with as we know it in z2.

clothing…hell since we can retain inner plus outer…all is possible! Not to mention how it moves…holy cow. I am just overwhelmed by the possiblities I am seeing here.

And I am super intrigued by the more to come hint because if half of what I am thinking right now is coming…holy s**t.

would be nothing at this time given what we have seen to write a zscript to animate…so am thinking one of the things to come is the way to do this…specially since Pixolator hinted at this when he teased us with the displacements a long time ago…

OMG! hahahaha that’s all I can say. welll…
that and…I wanna be a beta tester!!! wahhhhhhh.

When I watched this part…

The process of forming a new mesh on top of a ZSphere structure. During the modeling process, the underlying ZSphere-structure is also utilized as a modeling-rig for further posing and deformations.

and really watched and saw what they where doing it made me think of all the time I have spent in some other 3d app. all I can say is…

“wordless”

What a leaping and bounding advancement.

Can’t wait for the download update for my Z2!!!

After viewing first video

RocketMan is lounging at the Blue Sea Pool in his Aqua Sphere on Planet Clear Waters relaxing and reading a copy of Creative Imagination when his com link came on with a call fron Zewi at his Droid 3d factory company DreamWeaver.where the work of converting obj’s to images so they could be re-made into zspheres.

“RocketMan, all the Dorids are ready to begin zsphereing from the images from the obj models.”

“Thanks Zewi. You guys need anything?”

“Na, well a few nano raw materials might would be good in case some of the Droids run down while re-doing the models. I know the zspheres are fast to create with but with 100,000 of them it might take some raw nano materials to keep them going.”

“Thanks Zewi, don’t overwork them.”

“OK. BTW you have some messages from the creator of the ZBrush software in video format. Do you want me to read them and reply?”

“That’s OK Zewi, I’ll get them”

The link went blank as RocketMan had them dowloaded to the VR 3D Sphere. As the images streamed in front of him in VR 3D Space you could here him say, “I have to call Zewi to stop the re-modeling work and have the Dorids plug into their vacation modes”

The first video was over and RocketMan did not know what to say as the ending message on the video said the new features would be a free upgrade for those that had the software. Yes there are tales that the creator of the ZBrush software is an alien from some ancient culture from somewhere other than Earth but RocketMan thought the creator of ZBrush to be and evolving AI from the Ancients of Earth but then some think the Ancients are aliens.

RocketMan turned on his com link and sent them a thank you message

Thank You

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
This is me as a tribute…

Super impressive, and incredibly generous to offer this as a free upgrade. Wow!

Just a thought, but…it looks like there’s some pretty fine autoweighting going on with these Z skeletons. It’d be lovely if ZBrush added fbx support to save this weighting information–would be a nice timesaver for sure. Of course it would go along with ZB3’s earth-shattering rigging and animation tools. :slight_smile:

Bravo!! Amazing deformations and surface control. Will there also be any control of pinching and rounding for joints? Like deformation lattices used in other programs. I’ve been making video games for 20 years now, and I’ve used many programs throughout the years and I believe Zbrush can easily become a favorite for video game developers. I already see other programs starting to incorporate Zbrush like tools in their programs. Keep up the great work.:+1: :+1: :+1:
David

That’s will be AWESOME!

Wow…

Wow…

Wow…

Those are so depressing!!!

Watching Pixolator create a character with 3 strokes that is so much better than anything I can do is just sickening!!!

These new features are amazing, I just wish there was a way to include some pixolator-esque skill in the next upgrade also…

Honestly even his super-simple models have so much character, beauty, and underlying detail… I swear he could make a simple sphere look like the greatest thing on the earth just with 1 stroke… geez.

I just had a chance to watch the videos this morning, and I agree those are really incredible updates! :grimacing: :small_orange_diamond: :smiley: :small_orange_diamond: :+1:

Matt :smiley:

I agree. These updates would be fantastic!
Now I will have to update my workflow once again.:slight_smile:

Thanks Pixolator

Guys hold on and lets think alittle before we get too excited.

Some possible problems I can fore see.

1 - You control the density of the mesh based on the number of z-spheres placed on each span, that makes up a 4 sided polygon. The zbrush team have been very clever in solving the issue of propogating mesh densities from areas that require it. For example when moving from mouth to cheek. As shown in the video your able to join areas of high density to low density by keeping the ‘equal sides’ rule. This is very good but still some problems arise.
For more complex characters this will require maticulas planning . What happens when I want to global increase my characters resolution while still keeping the form of the base mesh?
At the same time this rases issues with the accuracy of the re-topologisation process, seemly lacking in this area.
The solution is to have the mesh generation automatic. This is something I very much hope you add “team” it would solve the problem entirly! The accuracy issue could be solved with ease I’m sure, when you implementation of the prevously mentioned feature.
This type of automatic generation would also lead the way to having the ability to change the topology of the mesh any time during the modelling process.

For now with the limited info we have this is all I can speculate on. Also dreaming of having the abillity to paint textures across multiple UV sets.

Thanks once again Pixologic team.

That looks awesome. I wonder if the new gnomon videos are waiting for this to be released before releasing the videos? That would make for a nice X-Mas. :slight_smile:

…I want it now!!!:smiley:

Big THANKS to all the Pixologic staff!!!

…a complet animating system :wink:
Pilou