ZBrushCentral

ZSpeed Session: Head Modeling

I don’t know how I do it, but for some reason my zscripts end up in the MB’s rather than the KB’s. Anyway, here is the head I did. About an hour and a half. It’s been awhile since I did a head completely in Z. I surprised myself a bit. I think I might do it more often!

Right Click and Save As: Head Modeling Zscript

heads.jpg

I’m in the mood for sketching, so I did another one. A little less than an hours work. This time it’s the ol’ Monster mesh. Is it a sea chicken? Is it an alien bug? Does it like corn flakes? Find out next week… same time… same forum… LOL

[attach=7533]alienrender[1].jpg[/attach]

And again, the zscript, which was only 800 kb’s uncompressed!:

Right Click and Save As: Monster Mesh Zscript

(NOTE WHEN THE SCRIPT ASKS YOU TO SAVE FOR THE FIRST TIME, SAVE IT AS alien THAT WAY IT WILL SELECT THE APPROPRIATE SKIN TO CONTINUE WITH THE REST OF THE ZSCRIPT)

This is a great challenge!

EDIT:

Hey Ron, that last pic with the hair is awesome! That looks just like Tom Petty, you know, if he was on “something”. That’s my favorite by far! Awesome work! HAHA

Attachments

alienrender[1].jpg

Really nice stuff guys!
Thats cool Chad! Hey, I see you lost your work or something in that zscript.
Is that what happened?

Just absent-minded playing around and remembered this thread. Don’t remember exactly how long–under an hour. So here’s an entry–obviously started from a sphere. It’s still quite enjoyable to trot out the old sphere tool and model away

[![Ball_head.jpg|475x456](upload://1Yy9m2A3Db6jmVL37PiKUNhXROI.jpeg)]

Very nice! :+1:

And here is my Elephant, took about 1 hour… :slight_smile: here is a full session of making the Elephant. But here is several instructions also. I don’t know why, but it works ok only if:

1. your document settings is 1280*960…
  2. you should skip initialization
  3. you should cancel material saving when it ask you for that.

The modelling is ok there but somehow the light setup goes wrong a bit :lol:

elephant.jpg

Attachments

elephant-wire.jpg

This is ZSpeedah.:wink:

[![ZSpeedah-sml.jpg|1100x788](upload://qljZm7NsM9rV8nSq4STSnIzdxFa.jpeg)] Aprox 2 hours.Want to take it to 3 hours. I will upload a ZScript his creation but first I need to composite 4 recorded sessions and then check for errors. It might be soon...it might be later..I am wicked tired. Haven't slept yet.

edit well, bad news people. Z seems to have a limit on polygroups so no matter how many times I play this zscripts, I get errors in selecting and hiding the mesh. This is turn causes errors in the modeling. I am going to try one more time with everything on. See I test with show actions off and minimal update on. Another thing that is funny to is that if I play the script with minimal stroke on, I get playback errors early. So far its a no win situation. I’ll keep you all posted.

Oooh, great work MTB. Very fleshy-looking. :+1:

Yeah, the first sculpt kind of blew up for some reason. So I started over. That’s why it’s imperative to save as “alien” the first time. After that it works fine.

Good job guys! I was planning to do an animal next, like Strannik (Good job by the way!). I think I might do a tiger.

ntThank you, chadtheartist :slight_smile: I tried to make him look nice. I’d like to see you tigerrrrrrrrrrrr!

A speed model head, less than hour, still in progress. Now 98K polys. I will post the script later.

Hope you like it.

speedmodelhead.jpg

PS: Al the heads all great, but MTB your allien is really awesome. I love your style

I like it! Can you tell me how to model lips like you? :+1:

Made it in 1hr. and 45min. (Rendering not included). It always take more time than planned. Send the script later (300kb)

[attach=5633]monster1.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

monster1.jpg

Here is the script

Cool alien designs Mahlikus and Chad!:+1: :+1:
Awesome to see your work Ken B. A real prune-face.:sunglasses:
Good going with the elephant, Strannik… bring on the beasties.:slight_smile:

I was trying to think of what I could model next. A pic of Shrek on the front of a magazine caught my eyestalks…

shrekspeed.jpg

I Modelled him in about an hour and a quarter, tex’d and tweaked in a couple more hours. I’ve recorded a script of the modelling part.:+1:

PS Andreseloy- I haven’t forgotten you either friend.:slight_smile:

…Grub :cool:
Frenchy Pilou

wow…some killer work being posted on this thread…honored to be in such company here…

32 minutes zphere head.

Thumbnailed that image…
Will take this a little further …ponder zombie…:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ron

about an hour to further model and add eyes and paint…then minus off compositing time about twenty minutes…I am somewhat pleased with the results of this one…

Any questions plz ask…I show the step by step but I didnt record the script because I didnt understand how to continue a script once you save the original…duh…not blonde…but gray :slight_smile:

thnx
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com
Always for hire…always cheap :+1:

Edit…and yet another update…can’t sleep so I figured I would work a bit more on him…he took a turn for the Z2ombie side…I was watching the original Dawn fo the Dead while painting some more on him… Might add a touch more red into the skin around the eyes maybe…who knows…might be time to start a new model…this update wip 11 has about another 30 minutes in it…so I guess I am pretty close to maxing out this project…way too much fun…Thumbs up to all those participating.
Ron

speedHeadtrial123bbbbbbcJJ.jpg

Attachments

speedMdl12345CompJ.jpg

speedMdl12345Comp2J.jpg

speedMdl123456789Wfog2Single1.jpg

Congratulations for all of you:+1: :+1:
Andreseloy

Rob WOW dude! Really awesome work on both those heads.
Ron buddy, that is an amazing job on that head. Seriously dude, nice job! :+1:
Everybody is doing awesome.
You all having fun?

He is my attempt to play within the rules… My darn timer nearly made me jump out of my skin! :laughing:

head.jpg

Attachments

3hrs.jpg