ZBrushCentral

Zbrush to Maya Displacement Workflow Tutorial

ok now that I got the .map working I can render great at 640*480 but when I bump it up to 1k the render stops half way though, as it runs out of memory any sugestions?

woooo i almost lost my mind…hahahaha.thank you very much…:smiley:

I was under the impression mental ray in maya would convert these files to .map itself…

Anyways I have found a few threads which will point the PC users in the right direction for converting files to .map

http://www.creativecrash.com/downloads/applications/image-utilities/c/photoshop-to-map

very informative should you want to add flags to the batch operation

@toddworld
In 3.5r3 under the tool palette there is a “displacement map” tab, here is where you can select the options and create a disp map, once done clone the map which will place it into the texture palette, from there export.

hope that helps

cheers :+1:

Ug…when using the imf_copy in the command line i get this error:

“IMG 0.0 error : SP_GIRL_A_BODY_01_LVL07.tif: file format subtype or version not supported
MAIN 0.0 fatal: imf_copy: cannot open DSP_GIRL_A_BODY_01_LVL07.tif”

I also tried the convertfile.bat but that one doesn’t work, even with the imf_copy.exe copied into the system32 folder.

Plse help…I’m on Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Hi all. i just came to this problem. My convertfile.bat closes immadiately i drag the tiff file on that.
I was using the win7 and maya2010.

Solution which worked for me: i just installed my maya2009! and now it works :smiley: . I dont get the relation but it works any way.
Hope it helps.

Same problem here. I’m using Maya 2011 and ZB4 on Windows 7

I generate a .tif displacement from Zbrush, and use imf_copy, which does nothing until I open it in Photoshop and convert it to rgb.
Still very minor displacement in Maya.

I’ve used imfCopy,… Imf_disp … cf_imageConverter.mel… and a save as map.js script for photoshop from Highend3d.
All of which are not working.

Anyone have a solution?

Edit… Forgot about GoZ… worked perfectly!!

This is all great news. but what about zbrush 4? Is there a multi displacement 2 or 3 for it. So far everyone ive asked says no. I’ve tried to get it to work in z brush 4 but it just crashed. Also does MULTI MAP EXPORTER do the same thing as multi displacement 2 and 3. I mean it gives me the option of creating a 32 bit displacement tiff. but not a 32 float. I have no idea if these to are the same thing or not. please help thanks.

Here is “ZbrushWorkshops – Comprehensive Introduction to ZBrush 4