ZBrushCentral

ZBrush on HP Omen?

Hi Board. I hope that you can help me here and that this is the correct thread to post this question. My desktop is about 8years old and I have been looking for a better and perhaps mobile solution. I’d be mostly doing personal and freelance work and was looking at HPs gaming laptops and the Omen series. Is anyone using them? Are they a good machine for 3D Sculpting and Gen 3D Viz work? Is there something comparable that is less than the 1500 USD they are asking?

Thanks

Hello @Albert2 ,

Tips on optimizing a computer for ZBrush can be found here.. ZBrush is CPU-based, so it doesn’t require a powerful GPU (though other software might). Something to keep in mind with laptops and mobile devices that it doesn’t matter how powerful a CPU the device has if it can’t sustain the performance under load without throttling due to heat or power demands. Keep cooling in mind when making your selection.

:slight_smile:

Thanks Spyndel! I keep forgetting that ZBrush is really a ram + cpu machine. I could start looking a desktops as well, but I would definitely need another screen as well.

I have an Omen 015 laptop running zbrush.

Specs: AMD 5800h / 64gb RAM / RTX 3070 8GB / 2TB SSD / 3 external monitors & laptop screen

I often have C4D open, Unreal Engine, ZBrush, VS2022, Affinity and other apps open same time, I think it runs pretty good considering its higher-mid range, came with 16GB RAM, that had to go. Performance of the laptop 3070 is about same as desktop 3060.

The main problem with HP gaming laptops is that they are easily overheating. I recommend looking at the ASUS ROG series. They are a little bit more expensive, but at least has a good cooling system.

The main problem with HP gaming laptops is that they are easily overheating. I recommend looking at the ASUS ROG series. They are a little bit more expensive, but at least has a good cooling system. I am using an ASUS ROG as a laptop for AutoCAD. AutoCAD is the original CAD software used by millions around the world. It can be used to create precise 2D and 3D drawings and models, electrical diagrams, construction drawings, and more. I haven’t used a better laptop for 3D modeling than the ASUS ROG.