ZBrushCentral

zbrush comic

I’ve got to ask … is this going to be an “hobbie” project or is this an commercial project? Are you intending to print and sell it through a comic publisher?

Being able to wear the writer & artist hat’s is a difficult thing to do. When do you predict this project will be completed? Would you consider farming some of the modelling work out to quickly build your asset base of models?

I would hate to see this project not completed! You have really developed an excellent opportunity here for further growth with the use of ZBrush. Maybe the Pixologic developers could get behind you and develop tools that could enhance the comic book illustrative production pipeline, as it would be an extra string on their bow too! The tools I could imagine would be more facial-expression driven morph targets, and a library of humaniod poses. Yes, kinda like the Poser application I guess.

Sorry - 100 questions! I just hope you have the financial gain to complete this project? Clearly you have the motivational incentive with all the support this community is giving you!

Looking forward to seeing more examples! :+1: :+1:

@upham: first thanx for the interessting questions.
-I do intend to publish it. Anyway I m broke I need the money ^^.

-Being able to wear the writer & artist hat’s is a difficult thing to do as you say but to me creating a character without a story is frustrating.
I do spend a lot of time writing to me it just goes hand in hand.

-I plan on having 20 pages before the end of the year but it depends on my work schedule.
-I do recycle models to speed up the work.

-Don 't worry I ll finish this, no matter what. I live for this , so you ll have to cut off my arms before I stop. Even then I ll still figure out a way to do it with my mouth.:smiley:

-for the developpers well I havent thought about it. All the tools are available more or less but maybe they could be optimised for comic creation. On this occasion I really would like to thank the zbrush team for their amazing work. I really wouldn t know what to do without zb.

To be honest I would really love to make a motion comic out of it with
the use of the new animations options from zb4, but it is just a thought.

I hope I gave you some clear answers
cheers

LUXO! this stuff is bad ass! your work is great…

making comics is huge work…so one page at a time :+1:

Very nice style, love everything about it!!!

Just a shot.

![diver03 copy.jpg|400x640](upload://pgQuYyFX5OTU5tvPRyx59ER5Epj.jpeg)

Luxo my friend well deserved top row, on this very creative (and laborious :stuck_out_tongue: )use of zbrush :slight_smile:

Finaly top row !! Gratz man well deserved indeed!

AHAAH!! This is awesome! Great job. I wish you the best of luck. I hope all your hard work pays off and you get it published and make some money. Good Luck!!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Fantastic to see you are so passionate about this project! With the Top Row status should be a highly motivational push to see you taking further action to move this forward.

With your financial situation, would you consider submitting these examples to a comics publisher as a portfolio of your work? I am not a publisher myself, but would hate to see this project fall over due to lack of financial motivation. It would be great to see you pioneer this production pipe-line - and get paid for it! Being broke for the rest of the year doesn’t sound like much fun, and you would be gambeling on the success of this venture.

You may not be working on your own story to start with, but you will have the opportunity to work out all the frustrating pitfalls that you will encounter in your production pipeline, and gain a better understanding of the time required. Also working for a comic production company may give you the opportunity to develop your script-writing too with access to profession mentors?

It would be difficult for a publishing house to turn you down, and I could imagine this graphical production method could be a turning point in the future of Comic productions! You would need to sell the benefits of your production method and aim to produce a series of stories using the same characters and props. The difficult bit being the development time required for assett creations and storyboards.

Your style lends itself to a comic book artwork well, and doesn’t have the harsh 3D feel other comics made from 3D applications have. The combination of well crafted 2D work also makes it really suitable for comics. I’m sure you will be well recieved.

I LOVE animated comics and currently pitching an idea for an TV show that is an animated comic style. Much like the Invincible TV Series .

simply terrific congrats on the top, great of you to share your mats

wow once again great work. question i’m trying to find out different techniques on how to make my hands in zbrush? 1 food for thought was to remesh when using zsketch and enhance resoultion while doing so… What is your method, Im currently still using ZBrush 3.5 R3 thank you

JTEAM

Was wondering when this was going to happen.

Fantastic look - just watch the fellow’s head - looks a little large for the body - but only by a fraction.

The underwater shot is just awesome.

Let us know when it’s done.

One quick question: Any tips or suggestions on going from the 3D package to print? As in - how do you get the highest print resolution from Zbrush when transferring to Photoshop without losing quality?

Or what steps do you take to make your render go to print?

Thnks

Great work! Really inspirational stuff. And thank you for sharing the matcaps!

Congratulations! You’ve got some MAD SKILLZ! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

This is great :slight_smile: I think this is one of the best comic attempt i have seen so far. Thank your for sharing your matcaps and knowledge.

Excellent art wrk!!

Great work! I love the style. Can’t wait to see more. I hope you’ll keep us updated with the progress you make.

I just knew this would go Top Row.

Congrats!

Well deserved.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

looks good, but why are the hands so big? did I miss something?