ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4R2 Beta Testing By: Stefano Dubay

WOW…Stefano…Thank You so much for taking the time to put together such great tutorials…The last one Gesture Sculpting is perfect for what i’m doing, and the way I work and sculpt…Can’t thank you enough for it…has already and will answer alot of what I was wondering about as I lean more about all of these great new features of ZBRUSH…:slight_smile:
Maybe you can help me out here…Is there a way to attach and use the hand model that is in the mannequin section in ZBRUSH in conjuction with the Dynamesh figure gesture system that you did in the tutorial posted at the bottom of the previous page in here…Would be great to be able to move the fingers around for different hand gestures once the hand was attached to the arm of the figure, without having to resculpt the hand from scratch each time the hand gesture is modified and repositioned.
There is probably some easy solution steering me right in the face, but so far, it has elluded me.
Anyway,…Thanks again for the Great tutorials…Very Much Appreciated…:):+1:

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for posting this.

At what point to you switch out of dynamesh to add high resolution details and textures? I love the advantages of dynamesh but I do miss being able to go back and forth between very high and very low poly subdivisions.

Thanks,
Barbara

hello all, thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:
@dustBin : hey that’s awesome! it’s more or less my same experience painting and painting demons and chaos minions but being so picky that it took forever and never had enough! heh, it was gr8 to be a teen in the early 90’s, D&D Warhammer and Black Metal, pretty awesome!

@spyndel: as long as you enjoyed it and found it useful i’m happy :slight_smile: this method will come up soon elsewhere!

@SpiritDreamer : well I wouldn’t personally use the mannequin rig here, I would use transpose and get it done that way. stitching and unstitching things is quite handy and easy and using the alternate smooth (Hit SHIFT+LMB then WHILE smoothing release shift and it becomes volume preserving relax rather than the standard smooth) I cut pieces to preserve volume across the model but gestural hands can also DEFINITELY be recycled across models. One of the huge advantages of dyna is being able to easily cannibalize other models so most anything that I do right now is I resource I’ll use later! Don’t be shy about it, it might not be the most honorable way but if I manage to push 10 models instead of 2 in my spare time I call it worthy.

@barabara: dynamesh makes you resolution independent up to a point. I use the bare lowest resolution I can manage that preserves thin or crowded elements as fingers for example. I rose the resolution from 40 to 88 in that model just to keep the fingers and then I subdivd it one time to smooth it. you can also drop the resolution on a model that’s high res without subdivs and unreconstructable. Here you want to introduce subdivisions by smoothing it once or twice (not needed for the added res but just to get the division levels) then freeze transform it and recover the original details on a lower res model within the subdivision levels you created.

hope it helped :wink:
ciao and thanks again
s

Thank you. Stefano, that’s very helpul- I’ve been using much higher resolution- your way sounds better!

Barbara

fantastic tutorial, I hope you create others about dynamesh uses!

many many thanks

u

yes, wait next week I’ll have a bunch of stuff I made while practicing for my speech at CTN posted (BTW if anyone is in burbank stop by!)
new experimentations!

ohhh I’m looking forward to more then!

cheers!

Good news! Can’t wait! :D:+1:

great tut and presentation !!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Great tute, Well done and very helpful. Dynamesh looks awesome.

cool models
realy creative especialy the fishman

Whats up Stefano :),

This is amazing! Thank You so much for taking the time to put together such great tutorials on the woman pose. Really great workflow you described us! Dynamesh is just epic! Really awesome models as well, the sea creature is really bad ass great design. really love your art and thanks again for giving us this tutorials as a reference!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Looking forward seeing more from you mate:),

Best regards,
Kenny

really Nice work ~~~

Excellent, thanks for sharing.

I totally forgot updating this page, so here are my latest Dynamesh concepts.
I wanted to experiment in sculpting animal heads and then evolving and anthropomorphizing them
And Here they are:
[HR][/HR]
Vampire Bat

2_BatDevil1.jpg
3_BatDevil2.jpg
4_BatDevil3.jpg
5_BatDevil3_2.jpg

Hyena
6_Hyena.jpg

Galapagos Tortoise
8_TurtleGuy1.jpg
9_TurtleGuy1 .jpg

These took all 1hr to 1hr and a half. Dynamesh’s power is mind boggling
Will post making of movies in a bit.

Thanks
S

and here are the vids:

[video=vimeo;32011316]http://vimeo.com/32011316[/video]
[video=vimeo;31705492]http://vimeo.com/31705492[/video]
[video=vimeo;32011149]http://vimeo.com/32011149[/video]

Some more stuff to come, If you peek on my Vimeo page you could see them already.

cheers!
s

Wonderful! I really like the turtle! Loved seeing it converted from “Standard” genome to the mythical version… and so fast too!!!

The power of Dynamesh sketching is amazing!

Well done for inspiring and showing the best use of ZB features again!

Some more stuff to come, If you peek on my Vimeo page you could see them already.

Going now! :wink:

i love your art. very special. I hope some day your made a DVD digital tutors or something like this.