ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 4.0 Purchase and Upgrade Schedule

Oh man this is awesome. I especially love how more and more prebuilding meshes in other software is obsolete.

I do hope there have been some more user friendly zbrush > 3dsmax/maya pipeline improvements though. It’s very difficult to find good tutorials on how to actually get a proper render for people that aren’t that experienced. All that stuff with getting good results with normal/displacement/ambientoccl./specular maps etc… very confusing. I’d really like to be able to animate stuff coming out of Zbrush that actually looks like my finished sculpt :slight_smile:

Oh my goodness… who asked for voxel modeling and got it? <-- this guy!! (among others). I’m thinking I might buy another Zbrush license just as a pecuniary high five.

Anyone want to buy my 3dCoat license…?

Just love Zbrush now and this is really been worth the wait!

You havent heard? GoZ is coming to Zbrush 4 for Maya, Max, Modo, & C4D. So at the click of a button you will be able to transfer your model between Zbrush and Maya/Max/Modo/C4D with a shader network built and everything (among other cool things). It’s neeto.

yuhuuuhuhuhuhuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! thanks thanks thanks!!!

No less from you!:+1:
Ten years !!! Im very happy running with this gem from the born!!:smiley:

You havent heard? GoZ is coming to Zbrush 4 for Maya, Max, & XSI.

Is it for XSI now? I was hoping it would be, but last I heard Softimage was excluded from the list (Modo, Cinema 4D, 3DSMax and Maya).

Some of the new features look awesome already. Drawing out an intricate pattern to make a model, then matching it to the surface of armor…

Sorry for the oversight there. I have updated the initial post to clarify: If you have 3.5 for PC or 3.2 for Mac then you’re all set for version 4.

Perfect, thanks for the clarification.

shadowbox and matchmaker seem amazing. Gonna have fun playing with shadowbox for sure. I’m also impressed with the new render system. That watch with Subsurfacescattering looks amazing.

The only improvement I hoped for, were the topology tools, but I can work around that with topogun.

I understand it’s a professional tool just as much as a hobbyist tool, so some people might prefer updates that concentrate on fixing existing stuff and making it more solid. But us hobbyists, enjoy the new inventions that come with every upgrade. It’s like christmas presents, you don’t know what you’re gonna get, till pix starts leaking videos.

I still remember we were discussing for a long time about how pix did a certain type of material on rocks in a dino pic, which turned out to be cavity intensity options in the next upgrade.

The video says To Be Continued… at the end, so what’s demonstrated here isn’t everything I presume. What’s there looks exciting.

I bought ZBrush last week, partly because I feared a price hike when Zbrush 4 came out (which is the case as it turns out but there’s a ‘grace’ period first). I guess on hindsight I could’ve waited to get my hands on the Special Edition, but thems the breaks. :frowning:

Looks like we still can’t group or subgroup subtools :frowning:

It's a major drawback, especially now that zbrush seems to have the ability to do some decent hard surface and environment modeling ...

Shadow Box, I’m thinking that shadow box is using the same Voxel based algorithm the Zsphere sketching uses to make volume. this is really innovative and i hope we will see more and more Voxel based tools. can you comment on this video at all?

thanks Pixolator for the Video.

E.A.

omfg I just jizzed in my pants. I’ve gotta have this.
It probably won’t take long for 3ds max to have GoZ aswell I suppose.
Great stuff pixologic!

my mind bleed last night. I couldn’t even post my joy.

If all those were entirely done in zbrush…like they say…and i believe them…

I could not be happier…no more 3dsmax…and no more photoshop for me. Those programs are like pulling teeth now. I just want to live inside of zbrush.

Hair, Multipass rendering, boxmodeling…

and i know there is more to come…ugggg…my mind can’t take it.

Hope to see it all at Siggraph tommorrow.

Yeah, i read this too :frowning: No XSi support… this SUX BIG time!

Cool stuffs! Can’t wait to play.

That looks stunning! But…it will be 64 bit capable? I want to be able to use more then 4 GB of Ram, and would really really love not to wait minutes till the memory is compressed or the swap files are written …and to get the message, that the system has not enough RAM, even though the system has 12 gigs. That would be for me the coolest improvement. That and GoZ for XSI :cry:

Whoops! sorry about spreading false info. (all those XSI users got to my head).
You’re right GoZ will support Modo, Cinema 4D, 3DSMax and Maya.

3ds Max will be a supported software of GoZ in Zbrush 4.

This is fantastic. I am excited about the new features so far. I am very excited about spotlight and lightbox that were announced last year. :eek: