ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 3 Beta Images/Some Zbrush 3 images.

I love the character,very brutal .The only thing that popped into my mind was how could such large fingers open his tiny pouches!Maybe fat buttons may suit;)

Looking forward to9 seeing more of this guy,
cal

awesome work guy. Love the proportions and color scheme you have going on here. :slight_smile:

Cool work but the focal make me doubt -_-

Friggin’ awesome character! Really nice sculpting!

nice update, interesting and unusual color scheme. the more I look at it, the more I appreciate all the nice details. looking forward to more!

The sculpting is incredible!

Hey, just trying to get some images in before the new version actually comes out. This is a self portrait I had started in Zbrush 2. I tried to work in some HD sculpting and the lazy mouse.

-MFW

self1.jpg

Attachments

self2.jpg

self3.jpg

self4.jpg

Wow, these new images are realy good. How many polys you working with there?

I love your solemn expression in the self-portrait… great mood to the piece

wonderfull microdetailing expression this is masterpiece :+1: :+1: :+1:

Cool character design. Great form you got on him. The male head looks great too.

Love it all, but that last one is a magnificent sculpt! Absolutely brilliant. How do you get your skin texture? is that your own alpha? looks wonderful!

congrats mate! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Your Self is a simply outstanding sculpt. It is very much on par with the best of the best in this forum, and that saying a lot! You must have developed at least some of your own alphas? Please, keep up your works and sharing your results!

Hello, Jeez everyone is really nice.
About the work.
The details in the face were two or three things. The larger wrinkles were just hand scribed in. (and his beard, eyebrows) I have a clay background so I don’t mind dragging the tool by hand. Then I put a skin of detail over him using the alpha brushes provided by antropus that can be found here.
http://www.antropus.com/freebies.htm
Also I used some from the gnomon DVD that Aaron Sims put out maybe a year ago that can be found here.
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/asi03.html
I didn’t stick with any alpha. I would change the values or quickly make one in PS for whatever was needed. I think that shows as the skin gets a bit muddy.
Anyways, this was my first real attempt and I learned a lot. The beard was all done in HD and done one at a time. Mirrored at first of course to save time and then I turned that off and tried to make it look a bit more messy and natural.

Regarding my toy work. I have an online portfolio of my work here.
www.feligno.com
This will hopefully be updated soon as I have to get my computer sculpts up!
Clay is great but Im feelin pretty comfortable with the digital sculpting.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! Back to Zbrushing.
-MFW

Awesome work!
Keep it up

MouthforWar Very cool works on your website, I especially like the Vulture sculpture, Ditko?

Jeff thats is some Awesome & Impressive work right there, both in Z and in the real world.

Care to share your Wax Recipe? (I use Gary Wax, but would love to make my own someday)

I love that Green color, it looks like Castiline.

Also your comments on going all digital make me smile. I really hope the whole Toy Biz goes the way of Gentle Giant, and depends more on computer made 3d art then on real world toiled sculpts.

Z is so much more freeing!

You can create, tweak, and change your work so much easier in Z, and with these RP printers getting better with high end detail, like the Prefactory system. Clean up and reface detail work is also becoming easier.

Fine work here,I like the evident late nights on zb:D !Really looks like a beta for 3!!

All the best,
cal

WOw. Thats amazing you can get such a sharp edge inside the nostril area of your self portrait. If you wanted to smooth that area a bit and thicken it up how would you approach it? Would you have to step down in subdivision because you have so many polys or could you do it on your highest subdivided poly level?

Keep up the good work!

Polycount: I think he’s around 60 million polys. Though I’m not sure if I was using them all in the best way possible. That’s an old mesh. He (I) have closed eyes because at the time I didn’t know how to make realistic eyeballs. :slight_smile:

slickytom: regarding the nose. If you have say 7 levels of subdivision I wouldn’t do any sculpting of the form past the 4th or 5th level. The higher subdivisions are there to project alphas and doing micro-detailing like wrinkles and veins. So the nose would be done on a lower level. I’m sure I ran the pinch brush along the edge of his nose to make it sharp, and then the higher levels of subdivisions rounded that out . . . throw some texture over it and it looks a bit more natural.

itsalive: I enjoy the digital sculpting and have no bad words to say about clay sculpture. I’m not learning the software to keep up with the future of toys. I enjoy where the medium itself is going. Sharp looking organic images that can be used for gaming/illustration/toys whatever . . . My clay is regular old castilene. (hard)

godlike27: Ditko? yeah . . . Ditko.