ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2022.0.8 - Download Now!

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crash after update to 2022.0.4

Thanks for the update.
Anyway USD plugging has stoped importing the previous imports. Kindly looking in to it. At the same time please release a tutorial on ZBrush USD workflow.
Regards

A post was merged into an existing topic: Problem with latest patch 2022.0.4

A post was merged into an existing topic: Crash after update to 2022.0.4

knifecurve When the brush is cutting, the software will still flash back, so I dare not use this brush

1 Like

Thanks for the fixes!

I can understand, love you. :star_struck::kissing_heart::sunglasses:

Blockquote

" * A problem preventing the W key from toggling between an active Deformer and Gizmo3D mode."

Thank you all so much for fixing this!!

:heart_eyes:

I thank the whole team for the update.

If I may be so free to make a wish, Cool would also be a subsequent delivery of the PeelUV plugin which was announced at the ZBrush Summit 2018 but unfortunately never appeared. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would love to see that in ZBrush as well!

1 Like

KnifCurve keeps crashing ZBrush!

Please submit a ticket about the Knife Curve issue at https://support.pixologic.com/ , thanks!

Okay, I’m late here
what do you mean “final update?” We have two full versions of ZBrush that we’ve had for several years (PAID FOR), and I also own ZBrushCore.

As I was trying to update my ZBrushCore to help with a friend, it said something about “having to do something” with ZBrush by December 12, 2022 or else our license is gone?? I also saw something saying that a company called Maxon was emailing users
we have received no such email, and therefore don’t know what’s happened.

None of the FAQs are explaining what’s happened. Maxon bought Pixologic, or something like that? Are we being forced into a subscription? HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST US?

I would rather pay for an occasional update than be dragged into yet another subscription. We are subscription-ed to death by other companies. At least we didn’t have that with Pixologic.

And you’re offering us a 50% discount on something we don’t even know the price for on something we already purchased, from an offer in an email that we never received. Yes, I’ve NEVER received any communication from Maxon. And I didn’t receive anything by whatever the December 12th deadline was.

And what happens to Keyshot? To the Keyshot Bridge? Are we having to switch those to a subscription as well?

And what does this mean?
(Legacy) Upgrading From an Earlier ZBrush Version

Perpetual licenses displayed on the My Licenses page (known as Legacy licenses) MUST use these instructions. You will NOT use the Maxon App or the My Maxon web page until such time as you might purchase an upgrade or switch to a subscription.

what do you mean “final update?”

Unless something unexpected happens, there will be no further patches for ZBrush 2022. The next version that will be released is ZBrush 2023.

it said something about “having to do something” with ZBrush by December 12, 2022 or else our license is gone??

Subscriptions have been migrated to Maxon’s billing and therefore Maxon’s activation system. December 12 was the date that legacy subscription installations would stop working. All subscribers now need to be using the Maxon installation of ZBrush rather than the old Pixologic system.

I also saw something saying that a company called Maxon was emailing users

Maxon now owns ZBrush and has for all of 2022. Pixologic is no longer involved.
Emails were sent, multiple times. Yours were apparently blocked by your email filters. There’s an FAQ on the Support site.

I would rather pay for an occasional update than be dragged into yet another subscription.

As the FAQ states, your perpetual licenses are still there. You can continue to use ZBrush 2022 and ZBrushCore 2021 for as long as they remain supported (which will likely be years). You cannot upgrade to 2023 for free.

ZBrush will have the option to purchase a perpetual license upgrade to 2023. Or you will be able to switch to a subscription. The choice will be yours.

ZBrushCore is now only available as a subscription. It will not be able to advance past version 2021 without switching to a subscription.

And what happens to Keyshot? To the Keyshot Bridge? Are we having to switch those to a subscription as well?

KeyShot has always been a Luxion product and remains one. You still have your KeyShot for ZBrush perpetual license. For any information regarding newer versions, please check with Luxion.

The ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge is now free for all ZBrush and ZBrushCore users - perpetual licenses or subscriptions.

And what does this mean?

It means that for perpetual licenses, the installation and activation systems are exactly what you have been using since the release of ZBrush 2022. You go to My Licenses to get your installer and to manage your license keys and you activate using your ZBrush ID login. That text is there because many perpetual license users have been trying to use the Maxon App to install ZBrush. However, that will only work for subscriptions. Perpetual licenses must continue to use the legacy systems.

If you purchase an upgrade to ZBrush 2023, then you will stop using the legacy systems and start using the Maxon App instead.

When will pricing for ZBrush 2023 be announced, and when is it coming? And doesn’t that mean that it’s no longer a “perpetual license,” as I’m sure that we’ll be charged again when 2024 and future versions come out? That would seem that it’s no longer “perpetual.”

Forgive me, we had a crazy year and ended up moving to another state, so I haven’t been on top of any of this. If Maxon had emailed me, I wouldn’t have known who that was. As it stands, I have nothing in my junk mail filters or anything from Maxon. Neither does my husband, as he is also a registered user.

I appreciate the info.

The pricing info will be made available at or shortly before the launch of ZBrush 2023.

As for perpetual licensing, a perpetual license grants perpetual use of the purchased version. When a new version is released, you can continue to use the purchased version. That is why it is a perpetual license. Or you can purchase an upgrade to the new version, at which point THAT becomes your purchased version which you then have perpetual use of.

• With a perpetual license, you never have to pay another dime to use that version. But to use new versions you do have to purchase upgrades.

• With subscriptions, you get new versions included as part of the subscription.

This is literally how it works with every other software developer that I’m aware of. Your only confusion is coming from the fact that Pixologic never charged for an upgrade and so your image of what a perpetual license is was understandably skewed. But free upgrades were always going to end eventually, and I actually remember multiple times over Pixologic’s life where a release was proclaimed to be the final free upgrade. Pixologic later changed their minds when the next version came out, but that doesn’t change the fact that those upgrades were going to go away sooner or later, at which point things under Pixologic would have been exactly like they are now under Maxon.

Perhaps my understanding was skewed, you are correct. The fact that they had never charged for an upgrade was a selling point. I sold several friends on purchasing instead of signing up for a subscription because of it.

Thanks for the clarification.

Perpetual license owners will still get patches/fixes for their current licensed annual version, correct? That is to say, purchasers of 2023 version will receive update patches throughout the year for 2023 version but will have to pay to upgrade to the future 2024 version. Is that accurate?