ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2021 Beta images

Hey guys!
Here I’m sharing some of the images I did during the ZBrush 2021 BETA. Thanks to Pixologic for letting me try the awesome new features… this update comes with an impressive set of workflow enhancements and new exciting tools to play around with!

For this image below I use most of the new Dynamic features and cloth brushes to create and fit the clothes as well as FiberMesh and liquid with gravity for the leaves:
Pablo_Munoz_Gomez_BLIND_MONK_003

Here is the same scene with a quick BPR in ZBrush:
Pablo_Munoz_Gomez_BLIND_MONK_ZBrush_render_005

And this is just another image to show how quickly and easily you can create variations for the design. I made the model with the hoddie on, and then ran a simulation to pull it back :wink: (hoo k brush is also great to adjust the tension points).
Pablo_Munoz_Gomez_BLIND_MONK_ZBrush_render_006

This was a weird experiment using just the features in the Dynamics palette but I kind of liked it so I gave it some textures and turned it into a statue
Pablo_Munoz_Gomez_ABSTRACT_MELTING_001
another render of the same thing…
Pablo_Munoz_Gomez_ABSTRACT_MELTING_002

This one is slightly different, and although is not very obvious, I use this project to test some of the cool new ZModeler features, nanomesh, and micro poly… and of course dynamic cloth brushes for the chair and bed.
Pablo_Munoz_Gomez_ROOM_01

Aaaaaand one more image… For this swamp creature, I experimented with the Dynamic properties for various brushes within the ‘traditional’ sculpting workflow to create very interesting wrinkles and hair.
Pablo_Munoz_Gomez_SWAMP_CREATURE_001
For the hair of the creature, I used long planes with UVs and apply gravity with a collision plane in the middle of the head to simulate the surface tension of the water that keeps some of the hair afloat.
Pablo_Munoz_Gomez_SWAMP_CREATURE_002

Definitely some really exciting stuff!

I’ll be doing a full breakdown for each image on the ZBGs very soon since I basically try different things on each project and I’ll be able to share a bit more of my findings in the form of a tutorial!

Hope you like the images

16 Likes

Great stuff Pablo! Love the hair for the swamp creature =)

-Joseph

All different and very cool tests Pablo! Love it.
Jaime

I dig it! Great stuff :slight_smile: