ZBrushCentral

ZBrush 2020 - Get it Now!

ZBrush2020ReleasedBanner
Pixologic is pleased to announce the release of ZBrush 2020! This new version enables artists with greater sculpting flexibility via powerful additions to the award winning brush system, as well as significant enhancements in a number of other areas.

New Feature Highlights

(Click the links for video demos.)

• XTractor Brushes - Convert detail from your model into a new alpha or texture for reuse elsewhere.
  • HistoryRecall Brush - Project a model’s Undo History to another model regardless of topology differences.
  • Sculpt & Paint in Morph UV - You can now paint and even sculpt directly on a model’s flattened UV shell.
  • Move Infinite Depth - Affect anything that is directly inline with the brush cursor, no matter how far from the camera.
  • Texture Adjust Color - Adjust the colors in a model’s texture on the fly, modifying hue, intensity, contrast, gamma or tint.
  • PolyPaint Adjust Color - Same as above, but for PolyPaint. These features include eight color channels to easily restrict your changes to certain areas.
  • Wall Thickness Analysis - Instantly know what parts of a model are too thin for successful 3D printing, or thicker than necessary.
  • Real-Time Draft Analysis - Easily identify and fix portions of the model that would lock up when used in two part molding or CNC printing.
  • Calculate Surface Area - ZBrush can now provide you with the bounding box size, mesh volume and surface area, check for watertight integrity and help calculate real-world material needs.
  • Cam View - Always know how your model sits relative to XYZ space. Includes one-click buttons for snapping to orthagonal views.
  • Real-Time Silhouette View - Turn on a picture-in-picture window that displays your model’s silhouette in real-time, or see how it “reads” from a distance.
  • ZeeZoo - Mannequins have gone wild, with a library of animal figures to help you compose scenes of all kinds.
  • Deco Curve Brush - The classic Deco Brush for 2.5D painting is now available as a 3D sculpting brush.
  • Model Paint Fade Opacity - If a model’s PolyPaint or texture is making it hard for you to see the sculpted details you can now partially fade the color or even hide it altogether.
  • No Back & Forth Mode - Zigzagging brush strokes can now build up in one direction, only. This mode also combines with LazyMouse Backtrack for unique effects.
  • New Import/Export Options Window - Easier control when importing or exporting and support for even more formats, all in one place.

How to Purchase

New users can purchase ZBrush 2020 through our online store. Perpetual licensing is available for $895 USD. Subscriptions are $39.95 per month or $179.95 every six months, rebilling automatically until canceled.

How to Upgrade

ZBrush 2020 is a free upgrade for all registered ZBrush users. Upgrading is done through your My Licenses page.

• If you already have ZBrush 2018 or above, simply log into My Licenses and click the button to Download ZBrush 2020. We strongly recommend disabling your antivirus software (including Windows Defender) during download, installation and activation.
  • If you have never upgraded past ZBrush 4R8, log into My Licenses and click the button to Upgrade to ZBrush 2020. Follow the on-screen instructions to upgrade your license. After upgrading your license you will be able to download the new version.
  • If you have never upgraded past ZBrush 3.5, you will not be able to use My Licenses. Instead, submit a Support ticket to request your upgrade. Provide as much info as you can concerning your purchase (name and email address used, etc.) so that we can easily locate your license in order to upgrade you.
  • If you have floating licenses (managed by a server rather than using a serial number) you must have your IT Manager submit a Support ticket to request the upgrade.
  • ZBrushCore users can purchase an upgrade to ZBrush 2020 from My Licenses. Through December 4, 2019 you will receive an extra $50 discount off the usual upgrade. price.

More detailed upgrade instructions are available in our Knowledgebase article.

Questions?

A ZBrush 2020 Support category has been created here at ZBC. Please use that to post any questions or issues that you might have. We recommend a separate topic for each item, since that will leverage the capabilities of the new ZBC.

Happy ZBrushing! :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

Horray and congrats to all!

1 Like

The 3D printing focused updates are what I’m most excited about. Thanks Pixologic team!
As a side note should I uninstall Zbrush 2019 before installing the 2020 update?

2 Likes

This is awesome, the Infinite Depth brush when using ZModeller is a godsend. Thanks for yet another free upgrade!

1 Like

Ooooh. So many fabulous new features!!
Love the new color controls for polypaint and delighted that the deco brush for texturing has made a come back.

Bless ye Pixologic. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks Pixologic Team.

1 Like

Thanks you guys for the upgrade, even tho I’m just a hobbyist user I do appreciate that you give the upgrades for no charge, you guys are the greatest. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

There is no need to do so. You can uninstall it before, after, or never. Both versions share the same activation on your serial number so do there is no need to deactivate 2019 either.

1 Like

These new features are really cool!
Thank you Pixologic team ! !

:smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Pixologic!

ZBrush feels snappier. I suspect some speed improvements have been executed under the hood. :+1:

But the one best feature is ofcourse… The Lightbox button is not auto-reactivated when saving the custom UI! Thank you, thank you!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Pixologic you are the BEST! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank You Pixologic!

1 Like

Big thanks to the ZB GEM TEAM!

from 2001 to 2020 incredible !!!

2 Likes

Fantastic ! I cant wait to try them all!

1 Like

Have I missed something or do folks not respond like they used to to a new release?

I seem to remember than the release thread used to be filled with thanks from users in the past.

Maybe I have just missed that thread.

I wanted to say thanks for an amazing release that allows me to keep experimenting and playing.
Cheers

Mike

1 Like

I thought this release is an advanced April’s Fools Joke, it was so weak. Probably the weakest Zbrush release of all time. Unless more bugs were fixed than were introduced, the 3D Clone brush is worth any mention, IMO.

Thank you Pixologic!
Another wave of pretty cool features.

I could easily get used to this kind of early X-mas presents :smiley:

cheers

I am astonished again many incredible updates

Thank you very much Pixologic !

Thank you, Pixologic! You’ve topped yourselves yet again! You’re really spoiling all us ZBrush users. Not that I’m complaining one bit! Keep it coming!