Pixologic is pleased to announce the release of the ZBrush 2020.1 Trial version!
Now is your chance to give the newest ZBrush features a test drive! This free Trial includes all ZBrush features for 30 days. It is available to anyone, including those who have tested out previous ZBrush versions.
Please note: The Trial version is for evaluation only. It may not be used for commercial purposes.
This new version enables artists with greater sculpting flexibility via powerful additions to the award winning brush system, as well as significant enhancements in a number of other areas.
2020 New Feature Highlights
(Click the links for video demos.)
- XTractor Brushes - Convert detail from your model into a new alpha or texture for reuse elsewhere.
- HistoryRecall Brush - Project a model’s Undo History to another model regardless of topology differences.
- Sculpt & Paint in Morph UV - You can now paint and even sculpt directly on a model’s flattened UV shell.
- Move Infinite Depth - Affect anything that is directly inline with the brush cursor, no matter how far from the camera.
- Texture Adjust Color - Adjust the colors in a model’s texture on the fly, modifying hue, intensity, contrast, gamma or tint.
- PolyPaint Adjust Color - Same as above, but for PolyPaint. These features include eight color channels to easily restrict your changes to certain areas.
- Wall Thickness Analysis - Instantly know what parts of a model are too thin for successful 3D printing, or thicker than necessary.
- Real-Time Draft Analysis - Easily identify and fix portions of the model that would lock up when used in two part molding or CNC printing.
- Calculate Surface Area - ZBrush can now provide you with the bounding box size, mesh volume and surface area, check for watertight integrity and help calculate real-world material needs.
- Cam View - Always know how your model sits relative to XYZ space. Includes one-click buttons for snapping to orthagonal views.
- Real-Time Silhouette View - Turn on a picture-in-picture window that displays your model’s silhouette in real-time, or see how it “reads” from a distance.
- ZeeZoo - Mannequins have gone wild, with a library of animal figures to help you compose scenes of all kinds.
- Deco Curve Brush - The classic Deco Brush for 2.5D painting is now available as a 3D sculpting brush.
- Model Paint Fade Opacity - If a model’s PolyPaint or texture is making it hard for you to see the sculpted details you can now partially fade the color or even hide it altogether.
- No Back & Forth Mode - Zigzagging brush strokes can now build up in one direction, only. This mode also combines with LazyMouse Backtrack for unique effects.
- New Import/Export Options Window - Easier control when importing or exporting and support for even more formats, all in one place.
How to Try ZBrush
- Go to the ZBrush Trial web page and click the button to Try ZBrush 2020.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Be sure to double check your email address.
- Check your email for your download link. Note that the email may not go to your main inbox. Instead it might go to the junk folder or (if you have Gmail) the Promotions section of your inbox.
- Download and install the Trial.
- When you first launch ZBrush you will be asked for your Pixologic ID. This will be your email address and whatever password you chose when registering.
- Enjoy ZBrush!
How to buy ZBrush:
Click HERE to access the Pixologic store.
When you next run ZBrush after purchasing (assuming that the purchase was made using the same Pixologic ID that you used to register for the Trial), it will automatically detect your purchased license and give you the opportunity to switch to using it. This will then remove the need to have an internet connection every time ZBrush is run.
We encourage you to make use of the following resources:
- The ZClassroom contains hundreds of free video tutorials, which can be sorted by categories, classes, and more.
- Online documentation, which is easily searched by topic or button name.
- ZBrushCentral, which has a ZBrush Help & Support category so that you can ask questions and get answers.