ZBrushCentral

Witcher 2 Assasins of Kings models

Thanks for the explanation, funny way to be introduced to this game in that fashion, this got me interested for more. Will surely wait and grab a copy out the store when the game is out … :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Congrats

So awesome!

hey areq, insane job, dude! :+1:

as they say: “Devil is in the details”!

How long did you take to finish one highpoly model and just modelling?

I’m impressed with the figurine, so many elements. The Troll, for example, you thought in scale of protection and get some objetcs that fit and had a good looking of a natural amor.

I’m curious about The Witcher 3 !

Cool :+1:
Excellent work.

Marcos C: Thanks a lot! I really appreciated that. To answer you question it takes 13-20 days for main character but it depends on difficulty and iterations of the character (simply sometimes something it’s not right with it and you need extra time to make it “cool”)

For production purposes we have several stages of the character: mid-hipoly(takes 5-10 days), lowpoly-mapping (1-2days), texturing (5-6 days), exporting and making LOD’s and setting up in the engine (2 days).

For instance Cynthia (lady in black hood) took 13 days in total.

We are all exited about The Witcher3 I personally learned so much during the Witcher 2 and translating to next game with so much more possibilities it’s just really intimidating.

Once again thank you so much for all your comments!

Great Job~

Sorry I’m still learning the rendering side of digital art. I guess my question would be after your explanation is if you have time could you maybe just post screenshot of your set up with settings? Like what kind of lights, camera settings, etc.

Marcos C: Thanks a lot! I really appreciated that. To answer you question it takes 13-20 days for main character but it depends on difficulty and iterations of the character (simply sometimes something it’s not right with it and you need extra time to make it “cool”)

For production purposes we have several stages of the character: mid-hipoly(takes 5-10 days), lowpoly-mapping (1-2days), texturing (5-6 days), exporting and making LOD’s and setting up in the engine (2 days).

For instance Cynthia (lady in black hood) took 13 days in total.

We are all exited about The Witcher3 I personally learned so much during the Witcher 2 and translating to next game with so much more possibilities it’s just really intimidating.

Thanks man for answering my question with a bonus explanation! :smiley:

Each char of The Witcher 2 had a strong personality and differences that hold your attention and time, for long hours of fun!

I wish success for you, man , you deserve that!

How much percentage of the model would you say is made in zbrush and how much in other programs (maya/3dsmax etc)?

Excellent work :wink:

Muddpitt: I need to find it first :D, it was some time ago to be honest, but will try to post it asap (I can’t do it at the moment due to personal issues)

Azzazel: I work with Zbrush for most of the hipoly, i will setup basic shapes in 3Dmax and export it to Zbrush for proportions, folds, and so on. I will swap to max for uv’s if I need them, and back to Zbrush. At this point Zbrush is essential for proper look of the character, after I got that I go for fine details. Sometimes we are skinning and exporting hipoly (decimated) to engine to see how it looks in game with skinning, and simple animation. I also use Zbrush when I am working with monsters to get basic colors and testing different variations and ideas.

Truth be told for The Witcher3 we are using Zbrush extensively for most of the new features that Zbrush brings and personally I think this is huge!. I would love to talk a bit more about it, but I don’t think I can at this point, I’m really sorry :frowning:

Looking sweet, congrats!

10-4 Arek:).

Very cool model and reder mate.
I love this game too:sunglasses:

Dobra robota chlopaki :wink:

Amazing Work guys, Congratulations! :smiley:

I’m always blown away by the amount of artistic detail that goes into video games. Seems to be more so than Movies these days and at a fraction of the profit i imagine??? Truly awesome works here!!!

thanks for sharing. what a nice set of characters.

nostalgia:+1: