ZBrushCentral

Wild Life Stills - TIGER

Hi everybody,
my name is Beto Prado, and it’s my first thread here.
I’m very new on ZBrush and 3D World < start my migration about 3 months ago > but I’ve been working the last 15 years with Graphic Arts / Design and since I was a kid I draw and paint all kind of animals…that’s my passion.
The simple way to create a great draw, sculpture of an animal is to capture the essence of the mamal, fish, reptile, etc… you gonna work on… Each one has its own attitude, movements and expressions…
For this job I’ve made a CrossCombo of:
Cinema 4D < base mesh >
ZBrush < sculpt , Polypaint and render>
PS CS3 < envoirement >
Hope you enjoy.

[![position_1a.jpg|1000x707](upload://dN6Q7q1yoQhTLuWGYYKjKSttzEX.jpeg)]![step.jpg|800x566](upload://5WBHGLTVaVqWWDkJA0gPhQGBzKk.jpeg)

Nicely done

excellent five stars from me:)

Great job! I would love to see a close up of the tiger inside ZBrush.:smiley:

Overall good job but it is suffering from certain issues ( I have modeled a lion-tiger long time ago and had a chance to study them :slight_smile:

-Front legs or paws, they seem wrong, either because of the rig or the model is wrong. Based on those tiny thumbnails I can see how you got the idea for front legs but they cannot look that way.

-It seems like some parts of the model are suffering from underdeveloped rig. At this point if this is not going to be animated what you can do is export your posed modeland resculpt those poses or create morph targets and use it in your rig.

Overall what you want is to emphasize the joints and lean muscles in these kinds of animals. They do have squarish joints and they show edges quite more than you think. The sides of the legs and the arms will display some thickness and edges that are result of very tight tendons and big bones, please try to emphasize them.

I personally like the taste of the illustration and the render. But you have little problem with very uniform looking shapes. Just try to make some shapes more visible some less. They are big and strong. The only way to display their might is to keep the scale of things proper.

Thanks Everybody for the comments and thanks Mr Kursadk for the great hints. I’ll try to repair these anatomies distortions, mainly on the joints.

Mr. Martin Knapp, here we have some poses closely viewed in ZBrush. I divided this pics in to parts: Sculpt and Polypaint Details.

Thanks everybody again, at the moment I’m working on two new projects, the Galapagos Marine Iguana and a South African Great White Shark. As soon as I can I’ll post the pics of these two WIP’s.

For now, here are some pics of the tiger in its creation process.

Best Regards!

I - SCULPTING:

1. I’ve created and imported the base mesh from Cinema 4D.
    I’ve tried to sculpt until I could on Subdivision 3.

That’s it… 1 week of hard work but always having fun. That’s my Philosophy:
Work hard, Have Fun!

Attachments

Hi everybody I´m working on to correct the position of front leg and paws… A reference book has just arrived to do it… Besides that I´would like to share a new pose from the head… tanks everybody!

Best regards!

position_4.jpg

nice work so far…:+1:
right about the paws…a little more work and it will look a lot better…
and i feel you should try adding some fur in some 3d package of your liking and render it out…just for the fun of it…
i say that would really look good…

very nice work! nice model and texturing!

Thanks for sharing your techniques with us Y/Hauss.

I’ve wanted to give a character a dingo or wild dog fur pattern for a while. Your painting techniques have given me some great ideas.

Your tiger is a beautiful creation.

Thanks Mr. Ivar_sn and Mr. Wethand for the comments.
About hair and Fur I’m trying to draw it on Cinema 4D… but first I’m mapping de UV… That’s the problem of a Rookie… I’ve sculpted and polypainted it without UV’s and now I’m rendering it on Zbrush… But I’m trying out very hard!!!

best regards

Ok Eric… I’m happy that the techinics could help your job

Best Regards

Beto Prado

Hi Everybody…
after studies on Atlas of Animal Anatomy and Drawing Animals (J. Weatherly) I did another pose, more natural, and I’ve re-sculpted the legs and paws… Besides a more realistic pose, now there are two great diferences on the siluet of the tiger:
1> The SCAPULA is heigher on the side that’s tanking the weight < first one was higher on the midle >

2> The tilt of the HIPS opposes the shoulders height during the movement.

Here we have the new pose and the views.
Renders still done in ZBrush.

Hope you like it :cool: !

[position_1.jpg]views2.jpg

Nice job! Just a very small thing-- he needs whiskers.

Hi Victimvile,
thanks for your comments…

I did it without UV’s now I’m suffering a lot to render it on a 3D aplication…
That’s why it doesn’t has wiskers…

best regards

he is floating or at a wrong angle.

I see something wrong with the head s position
and some problems with proportions, but overall good

keep it up

Hi everybody,

that’s another view of the tiger.

Hope you like it! :cool:

position_2.jpg