ZBrushCentral

weapon stuff

some stuff that i’ve modelled recently
it’s a guns of my own design i’ve used maya and traditional polymodeling all the rendering stuff was made in zbrush
gun1opt1.jpg

Attachments

gun1opt2.jpg

gun2opt1.jpg

gun2opt2.jpg

if you like some crazy polygon wireframes here’s some stuff for ya
[attach=191093]gun1wire1.jpg[/attach] [attach=191094]gun2wire1.jpg[/attach] [attach=191095]gun2wire2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

gun1wire1.jpg

gun2wire1.jpg

gun2wire2.jpg

Great model and execution crashmgn. Very impressive work. How much of it was done in ZBrush?

These are fantastic… but let me get this straight, you built them entirely outside of Zbrush? No Zbrush sculpting was used? Then you imported them into Zbrush… to render them? Isn’t that kinda backwards? :qu:

2 EricShawn I’ve used zsketch to find some shape and proportion after that i’ve converted sketches to unified skin and used this stuff as a proxymodels in maya
so basicaly the final models were made in maya. As for the backward thing you’ve mentioned…you know technically you r right but i think it’s not the bad idea to do some render stuff in zbrush when u just need to represent your models. In zbrush u have tons of premade cool materials and no problems with all this lightsetups, GI stuff and so on. You can make some cool images really quicklly without any tweaking so i think this make sence.

2 Stephen Babb Thanks a lot! some base forms and proportions were modelled using zsketch and the renderings ofcourse.

Dude, beautiful beautiful gun. The high poly is gorgeous and its a great concept!

cool stuff!

kinda reminiscent of Zorg Industries ZF-1 Pod Weapons System (or at least
brings it to mind)

nice job. :slight_smile:

10000 stars! Fantastic!!! Top row!!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Good god those are awesome! How’d you go about designing those things? I’d have NO clue where to begin…

this is really cool man!! we’ll be seeing this on the top row in no time!

These designs are completely bad a**. Very well done!

Oh wow! This are tasty!

hoahjoahao!!! my god!! excelent Weapon!!! perfect!
amazing details and design!!
10 Stars!!!

sweet

Supremely coolness!

absolutly fantastic…

when you say proxy model in maya could you explain how you did that? any chance of a screen grab of your workflow?

thanks man

Beautiful work!

Looks perfect, beautiful gun. :+1:

these are great you should make some spaceships.

Definitely 5 Stars from me. I love the design, the presentation, and the modeling. Me being a texturing guy I Think it was very well done. I looks super clean and out of the box which is probably what you were intending for from the looks of it.

If you were to drop this into a game engine like Unreal or crytek maybe a bit of damage and sense of being used (scratches, scuff marks, dents ect) would be cool to portray a more sense of realism.

But like I said Great work Nick :smiley: