ZBrushCentral

Wacom Pen sensitivity

My wacom pen doesn’t seem to have that pressure sensitivity anymore. The pressure seems to be too much when I barely paint on my model. For example, when I use standard brush, I barely touch my model and a big lump would appear instead of a small lump. When I push down on my pen hard, its still the same size.
Is there a way to turn it on?

One more thing, what techniques are used to make finger nails in zbrush?

Thanks

Andy

Open up the Wacom panel and check to make sure your pen sensivity range is right in the panel that lets you test pressure. You may need to re-install Wacom’s driver (www.wacom.com). Also check that “Use Tablet” is on in your ZBrush prefs.

-K

I don’t think there’s a “use tablet” option in zbrush 3. I don’t see it at least. There is a “tablet” section that you can play around with. I did that yesterday and it didn’t do anything. I reinstalled the software last night and it didn’t do the trick. I gave up, but today I turned the computer on, everything was fine.
Pressure sensitivity worked fine for me yesterday in the control panel and photoshop, just not in zbrush 3.

PS: Does zbrush 3 crashes a whole lot or is it just me?

In ZB3’s default install, the first button in the preferences menu in the “Tablet” section is a button titled “Use Tablet” it should be highlighted (default is orange.)

We haven’t seen much problem with ZB3 and since it’s release in May, I think I’ve crashed it three or four times.

What OS?

-K

The most common cause of frequent crashing in ZBrush 3 is a user attempting to make it do more than his system is capable of handling. Just because the MaxPolysPerMesh setting CAN now go up to 50 doesn’t mean that it SHOULD. (Remember that Z3 also supports up to 256 cores – it was built with the future in mind.)

So be sure not to set MaxPolysPerMesh too high. Also, check the Compact Mem setting and make sure that it’s neither too high nor too low for your system (keeping in mind that 32-bit versions of Windows will not allow more than 2 GB of RAM to go to a single application).

Use tablet button:

Capture-001.gif

I wish we could upload larger files… Imagine ZBC with youTUBE capabilities. … ah, well.

Attachments

Untitled.gif