ZBrushCentral

Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 or Fast Workstation Laptop what would you go for?

Hi all.

Im a long time Zbrush user and have a nice fast desktop PC but my back health is so bad I can no longer sit in front of my PC anymore.

Id like to use the power of my Desktop PC but be able to work still from my bed during worse times, so am looking at solutions for this.

Iv never used a Cintiq and from research the Pro 16 seems to have the best Paralax than all their other solutions, so this would allow me to harness the power of my close by desktop workstation, could still doing my 3D work in Cinema 4D, Video editing, while gaining the direct contact with the screen.

On the other hand I could go for a high end Laptop costing more, but have about half the power as my Desktop pc estimating a Cinebench r15 score or 690cb, desktop pc at 1390. This would give me all the power I need to do most 3d work, and render using my desktop as a render farm.

Getting a Laptop would however mean id have to use my Wacom Intuos 4 Med which seems in my mind hard to fit in front of me in such a small area, basicly on my lap?

Id like your in put please.

Thanks, Dan

Hey man!

I got the cintiq 16 Pro, but it is just a display, like the Cintiq 27QHD and so on.

You would need the Cintiq 16 Pro AND a fast workstation for it to work, otherwise, you’ll end up with just a screen!

Were you referring to the Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16?

Best regards!

Thanks for your reply.

I have a very powerful worktation. I did look into the Mobilestudio but its actualy got a avaerage i7 in it, below what I expect for that kind of money. I have my workstation next to my bed, at times mt back is so bad I cant sit at all, this is when I think the Pro 16 would help.

Dan